Would you make this Zeke trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Would you make this Zeke trade

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:57 am

mmass wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:15 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 am IDK, I think that can be parlayed into quite a bit. I see Mixon and Zeke as high risk players for off field issues. There is a ton of Mixon love in the community, though. There are some people who would trade Melvin Gordon for Mixon for some weird reason. MG went in the 3rd round of a 14 team SF/TE premium League I just did, while Mixon went in the 2nd. Penny/Guice, Mixon and a future 1st is pretty good. I would definitely want to be sure I could flip Mixon, but if I could do it for a guy like Gordon or Fournette (who I have seen go after Mixon in startups), I'd do it, on the contingency I could set up a good trade for Mixon.
Please do tell about these of the field issues Mixon has.... Hmmmm.... this is a reach
Are you serious? I don't think further explanation is necessary, on the actions of assault, but Mixon was apparently off the draft board of 6 teams altogether because of his actions. He was suspended for a year by his team, and the coach two years later said he would have dismissed him from the team, if he could have had the decision back. So to say he is a high risk player compared to others who don't have this background is fairly accurate, IMO. The smugness of your response is ridiculous, and condescending.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Farley
Captain
Captain

Re: Would you make this Zeke trade

Postby Farley » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:40 am

crusty tubesox wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 am
Farley wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:57 am
crusty tubesox wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:50 am this is a hard pass for me...laughable really.
It's hardly laughable.

The value is on the Zeke side but people are being ridiculous to say this is that far off. Probably off by a mid-1st.

It goes without saying that it's a rebuild move. And your roster is not a rebuild.
i shudda maybe reworded that to boarderline laughable... but to me a mid 1st is alot no matter what yr it is.... and if u think the offer is off by a first thats borderline laughable
just one mans opinion
I'm well aware of what a stud Zeke is. Own him on a few teams. But there are some off-field concerns.

Regardless, even if you aren't bothered by the possible future suspensions and rank him as the top dyno asset, how many 1st round picks (or equivalents) would you expect to get for him?

4 1st rounders has been generally viewed as the equivalent for a stud. Mixon (1.02ish value), the 1.03, a '19 1st and the added mid-1st I suggested is a pretty standard package. It's actually even better than the standard since Mixon and the 1.03 would easily each fetch a couple of mid-1sts themselves. To expect more of a rebuild package than this for one guy is plain silly.

Now, if you're not the type to trade a stud unless you get a stud back, then this trade wasn't for you from the beginning, regardless of value.