Opinions on Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
B1GNate35
Role Player
Role Player

Opinions on Trade

Postby B1GNate35 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Hey, I am just trying to get some opinions on a trade I just completed in a league I am in.

League Settings: 12 team Superflex, 1 PPR, 6 pts per passing TD
Starters: 1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 OP, 1 K, 1 D/ST

I received: Kareem Hunt and Albert Wilson (and eventually picked up Dante Pettis via FA)
I gave up: Amari Cooper, my 2019 1st, Sam Darnold, and Jamaal Williams

My roster looked like this....(before the trade)
QB: Wilson, Goff, Lamar, and Darnold
RB: Coleman, Cohen, Riddick, Williams, Powell, Ballage, Kelly
WR: OBJ, Hilton, Cooper, Corey Davis, Anthony Miller, Gallup
TE: Reed, Njoku

Usually I don't ask about trades after the fact, but I was just wondering since it was kind of a big trade and it is a money league so I was second guessing it.

Thank you!

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Opinions on Trade

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:21 pm

RB certainly has a value boost in a start 3RB 3WR. Cooper, Darnold, Willams and 1st is an overpay from a value standpoint in a SF in my opinion, but I feel like it improves your team. Wilson is a throw in and Pettis is someone I's drop Kelly for on the WW so they don't really move the needle as far as the trade is concerned. You desperately need help at RB and have a LITTLE room to play with at QB and WR and I'd rather go into the season with your starting lineup with the Hunt side.

As a side note If I was you (even though you didn't ask) I'd look to move Reed for a little more depth at RB/WR.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Love it for you!
Hunt is a stud and the best player in the deal by a wide margin.

You really needed a stud at this position. I like your 3 other WR's behind the departed Cooper. Davis has breakout potential. Miller and Gallup are both very highly rated in my valuation. Like Gallup long term but actually think Miller could challenge for WR rookie of the year.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 pm

I agree that it helps your stating lineup, but I still think you overpaid.

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Ya gotta agree with the previous posters, certainly helps your roster as your RB situation was pretty dire, but it cost a lot.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:05 pm

At first blush, it looks like a lot for Hunt in superflex but if you say "Jets rookie QB" instead of Darnold then it makes worlds of sense given their track record of developing quality NFL starters at the position.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

B1GNate35
Role Player
Role Player

Postby B1GNate35 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Thank you guys! I agree that it was probably an overpay, but I feel that getting a RB was necessary for me and liked my depth at WR!

B1GNate35
Role Player
Role Player

Postby B1GNate35 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:21 pm RB certainly has a value boost in a start 3RB 3WR. Cooper, Darnold, Willams and 1st is an overpay from a value standpoint in a SF in my opinion, but I feel like it improves your team. Wilson is a throw in and Pettis is someone I's drop Kelly for on the WW so they don't really move the needle as far as the trade is concerned. You desperately need help at RB and have a LITTLE room to play with at QB and WR and I'd rather go into the season with your starting lineup with the Hunt side.

As a side note If I was you (even though you didn't ask) I'd look to move Reed for a little more depth at RB/WR.
Cool, I’ll look into the Reed thing. Any idea on who I could get for him? There is actually some good TEs in FA so I could replace him with Hooper, Goedert, etc..

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:55 pm

it seems that you had at least 2 early first round picks and you used them on Darnold and Lamar...but i suppose i should ask where you drafted them in the rookie draft
but....if you did draft Lamar and Darnold over any of the top 8 RBs, then i think you made a HUGE mistake...for your team (and starting requirements) i would have drafted RBs...
as for the trade: i don't like it...it was an overpay by at least a 2019 1st..i would have gone after some cheaper RBs...Crowell, CJA...
i just don't think that Hunt is going to cure your RB problem..
good luck this season
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

B1GNate35
Role Player
Role Player

Postby B1GNate35 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:48 pm

vixen wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:55 pm it seems that you had at least 2 early first round picks and you used them on Darnold and Lamar...but i suppose i should ask where you drafted them in the rookie draft
but....if you did draft Lamar and Darnold over any of the top 8 RBs, then i think you made a HUGE mistake...for your team (and starting requirements) i would have drafted RBs...
as for the trade: i don't like it...it was an overpay by at least a 2019 1st..i would have gone after some cheaper RBs...Crowell, CJA...
i just don't think that Hunt is going to cure your RB problem..
good luck this season
It is a league that we just started up this season. The draft was an auction draft so I guess I could have got whoever, in a way.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 am

I don't really know how to value RBs in a start 3RB league, but my gut reaction is that you overpaid by a little. That said, I'm not very high on Cooper or Darnold, so it's not terrible by any means.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:09 am

B1GNate35 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:12 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:21 pm RB certainly has a value boost in a start 3RB 3WR. Cooper, Darnold, Willams and 1st is an overpay from a value standpoint in a SF in my opinion, but I feel like it improves your team. Wilson is a throw in and Pettis is someone I's drop Kelly for on the WW so they don't really move the needle as far as the trade is concerned. You desperately need help at RB and have a LITTLE room to play with at QB and WR and I'd rather go into the season with your starting lineup with the Hunt side.

Cool, I’ll look into the Reed thing. Any idea on who I could get for him? There is actually some good TEs in FA so I could replace him with Hooper, Goedert, etc..
This just me personally, but I just don't trust Reed. Totally a player preference thing but I would see if I could snag a second for him from someone who appreciates he can win you your week and forgets that there's a fair chance he misses as many games as he plays based on his career, and take the youth and upside of a Goedert or the potential floor of a Hooper to pair with Njoku. Again, just my opinion and totally based on player preference and risk.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:17 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 pm I agree that it helps your stating lineup, but I still think you overpaid.
This right here.

I don't mind a value-based overpay if it makes your team better. Studs in your lineup will win you more games than value on your bench.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

B1GNate35
Role Player
Role Player

Postby B1GNate35 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:48 am

JJRules wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:17 am
Goddard wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 pm I agree that it helps your stating lineup, but I still think you overpaid.
This right here.

I don't mind a value-based overpay if it makes your team better. Studs in your lineup will win you more games than value on your bench.
I agree with that, thanks!