Big Bakley Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Pats/VikesFan
Captain
Captain

Re: Big Bakley Trade

Postby Pats/VikesFan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:25 am

Your roster is so stacked that you do not need those two firsts in 2019. You could easily trade some of your depth next year to get back in to the first round, if you like. The upcoming RB classes look incredibly weak and you should have no problem adding some high upside WRs off waivers.

I say go for it and win the league the next two years.
10 team PPR league, 24 man rosters, 5 man taxi, 5 man IR
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Anthony Richardson, Tua Tagovailoa, Sam Howell, Trey Lance, Hendon Hooker (IR)
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, Khalil Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Gus Edwards, Jerome Ford, Kendre Miller (TX), Roschon Johnson (TX), Pierre Strong (TX), Tyson Chandler (TX)
WR: Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, Kadarius Toney, Jayden Reed, John Metchie, Justyn Ross,
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Sam LaPorta (TX), Isaiah Likely, Luke Schoonmaker (IR)

Draft Picks
2024: 1st
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Finishes:
2017 - Last
2018 - 2nd
2019 - CHAMPION :dance:
2020 - 7th
2021 - 2nd
2022 - CHAMPION :dance:
2023 - TBD

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:54 pm

1) I wouldn't pay that for Barkley
2) I wouldn't trade Barkley for that
3) I just confused myself
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Jmatt>Coleman wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 pm The name of the game is winning a championship. What everyone on this forum forgets too many times is you don’t win any awards or cash for having the most “value” or the most draft picks in 2020 when you might have been hit by a bus or passed away. SB makes your team a monster now and most likely till the time you get firsts again. Let someone else suck for three years looking at firsts that will probably bust when the time comes. Go get your championships.

I would pay that, and I wouldn’t sell for that. I would need zeke or gurley in the trade, other than that he’s not going anywhere.
Could not have said it better myself. (Not this forum but pretty much every forum in dynasty football)

I prey on types that are in constant rebuild, think the fountain of youth is real and live by ADP which means absolutely nothing outside of start up value.

In the end the sharks build their teams to WIN. Sharks know picks can be had anytime they want.

The owner who opened this thread already knows this.... It is easy to see given his roster and pic assets...

Well either that or none of his competitors have an IQ over 80. :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:35 am

Ice wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:12 pm My Take is if that is your roster then I make the trade. The reality is your team is stacked and you have plenty of assets to go after picks anytime when they are closer to players than magic beans.

Might try to get an upside WR like a Lee or Hogan if he owns a player like that or a 2nd or two back just to have a few throw in assets for your next big deal.

I take this because you have T Coleman on your roster who's value could skyrocket next season. Additionally, you have some upside RB's you can move later.

Yes it looks like an overpay but in reality you already have a great team so you know how to gain assets downstream.

Go for it!
While I understand the sentiment here, his strong roster also makes the case for holding. OP, you are stacked already and should be a top competitor in your league. Freeman will score and those 1sts offer the flexibility to retool with youth or trade for need as one arises. I agree with most that the potential of Barkley, however great, doesn't create that big a gap between his production and Freeman's. I'd look to sell Freeman for someone like Cook or Mixon, even if I had to add a small piece.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 am

Ice wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:37 pm I prey on types that are in constant rebuild, think the fountain of youth is real and live by ADP which means absolutely nothing outside of start up value.
One can just as well use this argument to demonstrate why NOT to trade for Barkley. Freeman is only a year removed from back to back 1500+ yard seasons and double digit TDs and I find it likely he will be back to those totals. Why exactly should we assume that Barkley is the one to help the OP win a championship? We would need guarantees he will post better numbers and I am not sure he will in the near term.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:21 pm

I like how Devonta Freeman just reads like a throwaway. Piling on, but seems like an overpay

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Id go after Gurley and others before him especially at that price

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Postby blacklab1010 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:22 am

I Agree with all statements before this, it is an overpay, i wouldnt pay it, and i would not sell for it. given that statement i think you are best taking the deal, i see 2 runner ups and no ship. go for it!!!
If this was offered to you let the other owner know its a big overpay and you know it but will be willing to do it if they give you a 2nd or 2 back. i think they sent you a dream offer that they dont think you would do.
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:46 pm

RAB wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:54 pm 1) I wouldn't pay that for Barkley
2) I wouldn't trade Barkley for that
3) I just confused myself
LOL

I had the same thoughts. I’m glad I didn’t pay for the pick right now as I’m not sure I would. But at the same time I’m
not selling it. It’s the perfect scenario where generational talent meets situation. Giants have great WRs, te, now rb. They addressed their line. Even aging eli can’t mess that up. Freeman is no slouch, but give me the best rb prospect since LT. SB is better in every way and more fit to hold up to a lot of carries. To me that’s worth a couple dart throws. I would hate to be waiting 3 years to miss on some overrated scrubs watching SB tear it up on my buddies team.

It’s a lot but the OP can afford it. I say take back one lotto ticket and see what he says.
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:30 pm

skip wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 am
Ice wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:37 pm I prey on types that are in constant rebuild, think the fountain of youth is real and live by ADP which means absolutely nothing outside of start up value.
One can just as well use this argument to demonstrate why NOT to trade for Barkley. Freeman is only a year removed from back to back 1500+ yard seasons and double digit TDs and I find it likely he will be back to those totals. Why exactly should we assume that Barkley is the one to help the OP win a championship? We would need guarantees he will post better numbers and I am not sure he will in the near term.
There are no guarantees and if you really need one then this fantasy game may not be for you. That said, I would be shocked if 1.5 % of any draft; redraft or otherwise would select Freeman ahead of Barkley.

Coleman looks to be as good as Freeman. This is a full RBBC type situation.

Championships are all about making decisions that help you win titles. I can appreciate you may not think this trade does that so, we disagree on that point.

Many are predicting that Barkley has a chance to be the best RB in the NFL withing a couple or years or least a top 3 back.

NO ONE is making those claims about Freeman.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:16 am

Ice wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Jmatt>Coleman wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 pm The name of the game is winning a championship. What everyone on this forum forgets too many times is you don’t win any awards or cash for having the most “value” or the most draft picks in 2020 when you might have been hit by a bus or passed away. SB makes your team a monster now and most likely till the time you get firsts again. Let someone else suck for three years looking at firsts that will probably bust when the time comes. Go get your championships.

I would pay that, and I wouldn’t sell for that. I would need zeke or gurley in the trade, other than that he’s not going anywhere.
Could not have said it better myself. (Not this forum but pretty much every forum in dynasty football)

I prey on types that are in constant rebuild, think the fountain of youth is real and live by ADP which means absolutely nothing outside of start up value.

In the end the sharks build their teams to WIN. Sharks know picks can be had anytime they want.

The owner who opened this thread already knows this.... It is easy to see given his roster and pic assets...

Well either that or none of his competitors have an IQ over 80. :D
Total Prey on the week and over value draft picks...Agreed!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5