Guice or Chubb, What strategy do i take?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Guice or Chubb, What strategy do i take?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:26 pm

skip wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am I know the general consensus has been for Guice as Chubb has regularly been falling in drafts but I can't get myself to ever be excited about a Redskins RB. He is probably the better option in 2018 but for 2019 and beyond, I'd much rather have Chubb.
this is exactly how i feel i cant get excited about guices landing spot at all and love chubbs talent enough to where i can ignore his initially murky situation
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:53 pm

tought i loveeee both options im a huge chubb fan and think he honestly could have the higher ceiling and turn into gurley 2.0 but guice reminds me of fournette i know thats an easy comparison but idk cant go wrong either way i guess pick who you would enjoy watching more!
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:14 pm how can you not have the same issue with the worst team in football that run the ball one of the fewest times
You realize that the only team better at running the football than Cleveland last season that drafted one of the top 8 backs is New England? And they do it with a plethora of backs combined. But no one cares about actual stats, just the mantra of Cleveland being a bad football team....
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:13 pm

skip wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Titans95 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:14 pm how can you not have the same issue with the worst team in football that run the ball one of the fewest times
You realize that the only team better at running the football than Cleveland last season that drafted one of the top 8 backs is New England? And they do it with a plethora of backs combined. But no one cares about actual stats, just the mantra of Cleveland being a bad football team....
As far as actual attempts go only Detroit had fewer than the Browns. Giants don't count obviously. Michel was one that I said I'd take over Chubb. Seattle was pretty bad last year I admit but that's not what they are known for and they are clearly trying to get back what they do best.

Penny has a more clear cut role on Seattle's team than Chubb and they are historically a very good team and one that has been extremely successful at running the ball. Michel doesn't need a worhorse role to be more valuable, all he needs to do is secure most of the goal line work and 230-250 touches on that potent offense.

Now we come to Guice and Chubb. I like both a lot and have them pretty close together at 1.04-1.05. Guice is behind Thompson for receiving duties but does have a pretty solid O-line when they can stay healthy and is on the historically better team. Also Idk if Thompson has made it a full season? Correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Again I like Chubb long term so while I think Hyde just destroys both of their fantasy values this year I do believe Chubb will take that role for the long term future. My biggest issue is Duke. He hasn't missed a game in his entire career, he just signed a 3 year deal, he's one of the best receiving RB's in the nfl. Next the Browns are constantly playing from behind....which means the 2 down thumper role will get phased out of the game in favor of the receiving option to play catch up. I know Chubb is in a different league than Crowell but he could never crack more than 200 attempts in a season so if you bump chubbs up a bit what does that leave you? 250? If all he is getting is 250 carries with little receiving work and minimal goal line work (Browns were dead last in points per game) then where is the upside? Unless the browns can manage a Rams like turnaround then I'm just not seeing it. I don't think they will do that, they still have the worst coach in the league and I doubt any team is going to become a winning team anytime soon after 2 seasons amounting to 1-31

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Guice has been lighting up OTAs and mini camp with his explosiveness and better yet, receiving game ability. Hes my 1.02.

My BallZach Ertz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby My BallZach Ertz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 pm

It’s Guice at 1.02 and it’s not even close. This kid is going to be ROTY.
Dynasty Team #1 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

Dalvin and the Chipmunks

:dance: 2018 Champions:dance:
2019 Runner Up
2020 4th (Highest Point Total)
2021 Runner Up

QB: Watson, Prescott, Z. Wilson,
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Mattison, Wilkins, Snell
WR: T. Hill, Golladay, Ridley, Lamb, Gabriel Davis, Van Jefferson
TE: Kittle, Ebron

Dynasty Team #2 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex

Groot’s Grinders

QB: Lamar Jackson, Cousins
RB: Akers, Hall, Sanders, Spiller, Hines, White, Wilson, Z. White
WR: DK, Chase, Woods, Shenault, Gallup, G. Wilson, Hardman, W. Robinson
TE: Henry, Shultz

Dynasty Team #3 14 Team 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

QB: Tannehill, Mac Jones
RB: Gibson, Etienne, Mitchell, Hines, Moss
WR: Jefferson, DJ Moore, K. Allen, Cooks, Jeudy, Gage
TE: Waller, Schultz, Kmet

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 pm

The browns won’t be good but they will not be that bad again. They can’t. That’s the worst nfl squad I’ve witnessed(I’m 32). Also they lost several close games. They were just plain LOSERS last year. I think a regression to mean is in order.

That said, I think there’s merit to Duke cutting into Chubb, and hey, Hyde is still there at least a while.

I’d like a trade down from 2 but if I’m stuck there gimme Guice
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:31 pm

My BallZach Ertz wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 pm It’s Guice at 1.02 and it’s not even close. This kid is going to be ROTY.
Not even close with 3 down backs drafted a round earlier? Come on now, I now a lot of people around here are higher on Guice than the actual NFL was (myself included), but it is definitely close. I have Guice at 1.04, persoanally, but there are a handful of backs that could be inserted into the 1.02 slot, Guice included.

BTW, great name. LOL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:51 pm

@ OP. Why are you not considering Penny at 1.02? He's clearly worth taking there. Elite College production, elite speed for his size, first round pedigree, 3 down skill set. Not much not to like about Penny, either. He should be in the conversation for 1.02 in every rookie draft IMO. So many good RB's this year, it really is a luxury to have an early pick.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

yitzchaks
Starter
Starter

Postby yitzchaks » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:51 pm @ OP. Why are you not considering Penny at 1.02? He's clearly worth taking there. Elite College production, elite speed for his size, first round pedigree, 3 down skill set. Not much not to like about Penny, either. He should be in the conversation for 1.02 in every rookie draft IMO. So many good RB's this year, it really is a luxury to have an early pick.
In the conversation yes, but my preference is either Guice and just below him in Chubb, im not a scout this is just how i feel. With Penny alot to like but also some stuff to knock him down on, horrible offensive line, when seattle ran the ball well it was Lynch carrying people i dont see Penny as that type of back and lately they have been so inept at running the ball.
12 Team, 20 Keepers, .5 PPR (year 15) rebuild year 1
START: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (WR/RB/TE), DEF

SIG 1
QB: J. Brisett,S. Ehlinger
RB: C. Edmonds, S. Michel, T. Sermon, C. Huntley, j. McKinnon, N. Hines, K. Ingram, R. Blackshear,
WR: AJ. Brown, J. Williams, T. Mclaurin, M. Gallup, D. Mooney, M. Hardman
TE: I. Smith, D. Njoku, I. Likely, C. Otton
DEF: IND

12 team, 20 Keepers, .5 PPR (year 1)
START: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (WR/RB/TE), K, DEF

QB: M. Stafford, G. Smith, C. Wentz
RB: D. Swift, CMC, S. Barkley, J. Williams (det), D. Harris, C. Huntley, S. Michel, J. Kelley
WR:D. Johnson, J. Waddle M. Williams, H. Renfrow, DVP
TE: D. Schultz, G. Everett, R. Tonyan
K: Y. Koo
DEF: BUF GB