Marqise lee string of trades

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Marqise lee string of trades

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 pm

So i have traded marqise lee in two different leagues now for rookie picks on the clock both times to acquire dante pettis... I love lee as a break out candidate this year and im wondering if rookie hype is getting to my head. 1st trade it was Lee straight up for 3.01 with pettis sitting there essentially traded lee for pettis. the 2nd trade i traded marqise lee and a 19 3rd for Dante Pettis and a 19 2nd(this one i think i won due to the pick swap) but i later traded pettis for kyle rudolph. so that being said im curious if you all think i should have stuck with marqise lee or did a good job making those trades.

Trade 1:
Gave Marqise Lee
Got Dante Pettis

Trade 2:
(Part A) Gave Marqise Lee and 19 3rd
Got Dante Pettis and 19 2nd
(Part B) Gave Dante Pettis
Got Kyle Rudolph

So Essentially traded Marqise Lee and a 19 3rd for Kyle Rudolph and a 19 2nd
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Marqise lee string of trades

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:08 pm

I like it, I really don't think Lee is very good at football but maybe that's just an opinion cause I can't produce stats to support that lol just the eye test and recent production. I like getting a top 10 TE for a WR3

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:08 pm I like it, I really don't think Lee is very good at football but maybe that's just an opinion cause I can't produce stats to support that lol just the eye test and recent production. I like getting a top 10 TE for a WR3
yeah i guess i should say the 1st trade is more so my worry i really like getting kyle rudolph AND a 19 2nd for Marqise and a 19 3rd but i really do think marq could break out this year and be a high end wr2 a la marvin jones last year busting out and being a high end wr2 (some would say low end wr1)

TM1
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus

TM2
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Thought I would copy my post from another thread on Lee. I get patience is wearing thin on Lee but when one does a deep dive I would suggest he is a strong value buy. He can be had cheap if you have decent negotiating skills.

Go back and look at weeks 6-14. He was dinged in 15 and 16. The Jags just paid him 38 million. He will be WR 1 this season with top 20 fantasy upside. The light bulb went off for him. Needs to stay healthy.

During that 8 game stretch he averaged 8.25 targets, 4 of those games 10 plus targets, 1 game 9 targets, 2 games 6 targets, 1 game 2 targets.

This is a way under the radar player with major breakout potential. My top sleeper breakout WR this year. This team is on the rise and Fournette will ensure 8 in the box and play action will really help Lee IMO. Better than AJ Green, Cooks, DT over that stretch to name a few. On a side note his catch rate over the last 2 years is over 70%. The markers are all there to breakout.

He is easy to overlook, I would advise against it.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Lee has been somewhat productive but he hasn’t been able to stay healthy since college, remember he was drafted ahead of ARob. If he can stay healthy he could see the bulk of targets in Jax. I have no problem with either trade, I’d think long and hard about moving him for a late 2nd early 3rd.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Go back over the past 5 rookie drafts. Write all of the WRs names down that were picked late 2nd / early 3rd. Look at their stats and what they are producing in the NFL. Compare those numbers to Lee's numbers from last year.

Then compare the opportunity those guys have compared to the opportunity Lee has this year.

Check the percentage of hits in those late 2nd/early 3rd WRs. ( a few have done well)

You're underselling Lee.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm

cvbuc wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:26 pm Go back over the past 5 rookie drafts. Write all of the WRs names down that were picked late 2nd / early 3rd. Look at their stats and what they are producing in the NFL. Compare those numbers to Lee's numbers from last year.

Then compare the opportunity those guys have compared to the opportunity Lee has this year.

Check the percentage of hits in those late 2nd/early 3rd WRs. ( a few have done well)

You're underselling Lee.
I can understand this with the marqise lee for pettis straight up trade but getting what ended up being kyle rudolph and a 19 2nd for marqise lee and a likely late 19 3rd i think is getting great value in my personal opinion not sure thats under selling but obviously i think that cuz i made the trade.

TM1

TM2

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:42 pm

No problem with the trades based on your valuations. While I think Lee is a great buy these days I also think Rudolph is a great get given Cousins absolutely loves throwing to TE's.

Getting Rudolph is a smart play although I may have tried a different approach. In the end it is all about a fantasy owners valuation.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm

I love Pettis, so I think you did great on both deals....except where you traded him for Rudolph, but I can't blame you if competing, he should get peppered with targets and be dependable.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 pm

I’m surprised at how little value Lee seems to have. I haven’t been able to give him away. A few examples of offers I’ve made that have been rejected:

Give Lee + 2.12 for 2.08 + 4.08
Give Lee + 2.12 for 2.09
Give Lee + 2019 3rd for Jaylen Samuels

The second above was rejected and countered replacing Lee with a 2020 3rd which I gladly accepted.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:22 pm

HughHoney wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 pm I’m surprised at how little value Lee seems to have. I haven’t been able to give him away. A few examples of offers I’ve made that have been rejected:

Give Lee + 2.12 for 2.09

The second above was rejected and countered replacing Lee with a 2020 3rd which I gladly accepted.
Who was there at 2.09 that you really wanted?

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:22 pm
HughHoney wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 pm I’m surprised at how little value Lee seems to have. I haven’t been able to give him away. A few examples of offers I’ve made that have been rejected:

Give Lee + 2.12 for 2.09

Who was there at 2.09 that you really wanted?
Hines. It’s SF but also gives points for return yards which increases his value and I’m high on him anyway. Ironically Pettis fell to 2.12 which I think is super value for him with return points.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:54 pm

Lee never even went north of 90 yards last year and he was their primary target. Westbrook, Cole and Chark are all better long term investments.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:07 am

Stealing. Lee is worth an early 3rd to me. Guy is in a WRBC and can't stay healthy. No idea why some value him as an early 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd