Antonio Brown for Zeke

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

AB or Zeke

AB
12%
Zeke
88%

Total votes: 49

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Brown for Zeke

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:38 am

AB’s production hasn’t actually dipped with backups in place of Ben, he has stayed steady or slightly increased because they simply lock in on him. I own both but I’d take Zeke long term here. They are both one of the top players at their positions, but with the o-line in Dallas and Zekes age I’m riding him for the next 5-7 years.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:43 pm

joeday wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 pm In a vacuum Zeke, but need to know league settings and the roster to provide more useful feedback.
His roster is in the signature, but starting requirements would be helpful.

I would take Zeke here. Someone mentioned it above, but Zeke is going a few spots ahead of AB in startups. Also, with bellcows being so rare and you cornering the market and having 3 of them (potentially) blocks other teams from having them.

All that said, the Big Ben thing is more a myth than anything. The Steelers completely changed their offense when Vick played in 2015 but when Landry came in and played two games with AB, Brown's stats were 6-124 and 7-106. That is all moot anyway considering that Ben got what he wanted (Haley being fired) and will probably be around for another 3-4 years.
His sig team does have Zeke, but the trade could be for another team. Some people (ahem!) have too many teams to fit in their sig.

Completely agree about the Haley/Roethlisberger/Brown point.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Love AB, but I'd keep Zeke.

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:29 pm

zeke

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:49 pm

This is a tough call for me. I recently did a new dynasty startup and took Zeke #4 overall and while I do like him quite a bit I did regret not trading back a bit and taking Antonio Brown who went a few picks later. Over the past 4 years Brown has been the #1 WR by a good click in PPR. I don't see any reason why Brown can't keep this up for another 4-5 years, he is a stud and has played with other QBs besides Ben. Even if Ben retires I don't think Brown suddenly falls off a cliff.

That said right now I would say go with Zeke purely because he holds more current value than AB right now. However I wouldn't blame you at all going the AB route, he is a solid player you can build a team around for years to come.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 pm In a vacuum Zeke, but need to know league settings and the roster to provide more useful feedback.

I would take Zeke here. Someone mentioned it above, but Zeke is going a few spots ahead of AB in startups. Also, with bellcows being so rare and you cornering the market and having 3 of them (potentially) blocks other teams from having them.

All that said, the Big Ben thing is more a myth than anything. The Steelers completely changed their offense when Vick played in 2015 but when Landry came in and played two games with AB, Brown's stats were 6-124 and 7-106. That is all moot anyway considering that Ben got what he wanted (Haley being fired) and will probably be around for another 3-4 years.
Would AB still be the best WR in football with Ben? Yes. Would he be the best bet to be the #1 fantasy WR? Yes. Is it Guaranteed? No. Is it guaranteed to be the best WR with Ben healthy and baring injury from brown? YES. Their connection is truly once in a lifetime. Best duo in history and there isn't another WR that could possibly come close to AB if him and Ben are both healthy, its just not possible to stop them.

Just making the comment to point out that while he'd be elite still without Ben he wouldnt be in a different tier by himself, only reason AB would even be considered in the same realm as a guy like zeke at the age of 30 is because of how much more dominant he is at the position.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:43 pm

His sig team does have Zeke, but the trade could be for another team. Some people (ahem!) have too many teams to fit in their sig.

Completely agree about the Haley/Roethlisberger/Brown point.
I only have like 20 teams! Lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:24 am

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Would AB still be the best WR in football with Ben? Yes. Would he be the best bet to be the #1 fantasy WR? Yes. Is it Guaranteed? No. Is it guaranteed to be the best WR with Ben healthy and baring injury from brown? YES. Their connection is truly once in a lifetime. Best duo in history and there isn't another WR that could possibly come close to AB if him and Ben are both healthy, its just not possible to stop them.

Just making the comment to point out that while he'd be elite still without Ben he wouldnt be in a different tier by himself, only reason AB would even be considered in the same realm as a guy like zeke at the age of 30 is because of how much more dominant he is at the position.
IDK about best duo in history... (in no particular order below)
Montana/Rice
Young/Rice
Manning/Harrison
Manning/Wayne
Aikman/Irvin
Warner/Bruce
Brady/Moss - they averaged a TD a game!!
Culpepper/Moss
Probably would've been the best combo ever ---> Favre/Sharpe - 315 receptions, 3,854 yards, 42 touchdowns in three seasons only to have an injury cut short Sharpe's career

I'd say all of those would surpass/rival Big Ben to Brown.
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5