Watkins/O.J./2019 1st for JuJu/Kittle

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Watkins/O.J./2019 1st (Early)
87%
JuJu/Kittle
13%

Total votes: 23

psfox2010
Captain
Captain

Postby psfox2010 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:35 pm

I've been offered the below trade involving the team in my signature.

Give: Watkins/O.J. Howard//2019 1st (likely top 3 from a bad team)
Receive: JuJu/Kittle

Is this giving up too much for JuJu?

Thanks for your help.
10 team, Full PPR, 27 man roster
2018 Champion, 2020 Champion
QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/Defense/Kicker

QB: Allen, Watson, Fields
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Harris Chubb
WR: Ridley, Cooper, Thielen, M. Thomas, D. Smith, Boyd E. Moore, R. Moore, Reagor, St. Brown
TE: Kelce, Fant, Engram
Defense: Denver
Kicker: Gay

2022: None
2023: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Watkins/O.J./2019 1st for JuJu/Kittle

Postby Z$$$ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm

I'd take Watkins and the 1st. There's gonna be plenty of targets for Watkins this year.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:46 pm

That deal is dead even. I'd rather move Watkins/OJ for JuJu and keep that 1st if you could. Otherwise, I think it comes down to pure preference with the deal as is. Value is even. JuJu is the best piece in the deal but Sammy could surprise this year with a change of scenery.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm

I like JuJu but Sammy+early 1st is easily too much.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm taking JuJu all day in this. Perennially underachieving Watkins aside, there's no guarantee that 1st is early. Crazy bleep happens in the season and relying on that non-existent value is a sign you are reaching imo.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:05 pm

I'm taking Watkins here and the early 1st here. Sometimes there are clear tiers in Teams and if you think that 2019 1st is a locked and loaded bottom feeder then I think that early 1st more than makes up the difference of Watkins and Juju. Remember Watkins is only 25 and he is finally ready to breakout again. People say watkins have underachieved and that is true to some extent but its been because of a nagging foot injury that he finally is over. He's actually be extremely efficient with his targets and getting separation when he's on the field. I like Juju more but I'm just saying Watkins absolutely has value and isnt too far behind. Definitely not a high 1st behind.

kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby kellysheroes » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Z$$$ wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm I'd take Watkins and the 1st. There's gonna be plenty of targets for Watkins this year.
this isn't close

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:05 pm I'm taking Watkins here and the early 1st here. Sometimes there are clear tiers in Teams and if you think that 2019 1st is a locked and loaded bottom feeder then I think that early 1st more than makes up the difference of Watkins and Juju. Remember Watkins is only 25 and he is finally ready to breakout again. People say watkins have underachieved and that is true to some extent but its been because of a nagging foot injury that he finally is over. He's actually be extremely efficient with his targets and getting separation when he's on the field. I like Juju more but I'm just saying Watkins absolutely has value and isnt too far behind. Definitely not a high 1st behind.
I know you're the resident Watkins truther, but you can't simply make up stats and pretend they are true. Link to Watkins' separation stats last season: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/samm ... rrent-year
You can see he was the 66th best wide receiver at achieving separation in the NFL last season. Next Gen stats measures slightly differently, but they still have him ranked outside the top 50.
His efficiency numbers paint an incomplete picture. Some are good, whilst some are poor. But it's an interesting stance to take, considering this trade. Two of the actual most efficient wide receivers last year were JuJu (in this trade), and Tyreek Hill (the WR above him on the depth chart). If he couldn't outproduce Kupp and Robert Woods, is he really going to outproduce Ty Hill and Travis Kelce?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 pm

kellysheroes wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:07 pm
Z$$$ wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm I'd take Watkins and the 1st. There's gonna be plenty of targets for Watkins this year.
this isn't close
No kidding!

The pick is basically free even if it falls several spots. It would be foolish to give that pick away for a player that may get 80 targets. Ju Ju is a fine player but he will get less targets than Bell will get receptions as an example.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Watkins side by a lot
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Watkins and the pick for me. Don't sell Watkins low and buy JuJu high. Not to mention you're adding a first. People are leaving out the TE side too. Everyone is up on Kittle right now and down on OJ as well, but Howard is still the much better prospect.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:13 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 pm
Titans95 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:05 pm I'm taking Watkins here and the early 1st here. Sometimes there are clear tiers in Teams and if you think that 2019 1st is a locked and loaded bottom feeder then I think that early 1st more than makes up the difference of Watkins and Juju. Remember Watkins is only 25 and he is finally ready to breakout again. People say watkins have underachieved and that is true to some extent but its been because of a nagging foot injury that he finally is over. He's actually be extremely efficient with his targets and getting separation when he's on the field. I like Juju more but I'm just saying Watkins absolutely has value and isnt too far behind. Definitely not a high 1st behind.
I know you're the resident Watkins truther, but you can't simply make up stats and pretend they are true. Link to Watkins' separation stats last season: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/samm ... rrent-year
You can see he was the 66th best wide receiver at achieving separation in the NFL last season. Next Gen stats measures slightly differently, but they still have him ranked outside the top 50.
His efficiency numbers paint an incomplete picture. Some are good, whilst some are poor. But it's an interesting stance to take, considering this trade. Two of the actual most efficient wide receivers last year were JuJu (in this trade), and Tyreek Hill (the WR above him on the depth chart). If he couldn't outproduce Kupp and Robert Woods, is he really going to outproduce Ty Hill and Travis Kelce?
That is fair about the separation comment I had never seen that page and you are correct some of his efficiency stats it does not pain the whole picture. I wish we could see back to 2015 and 2014 on player profile out of pure curiosity. We were all salivating over Watkins after his rookie year and then he backed that up with a very strong sophomore campaign before his foot injury which caused him to struggled all of 2016. Last year he was a major disappointment and there is definitely cause for concern that maybe he lost a step? But in his defense he was traded within a couple of weeks before the season officially started and on the plus side he finally was able to put together a full season staying healthy and still was able to get those TD's that he seemed to be pretty good at in 2015. Yes Tyreek is a FREAK but I just can't imagine Any Reid and a pretty successful organization like the chiefs to pay up top 3 WR(correct me if I'm wrong on that I'm not 100% sure) money to sign Sammy if they didn't 1. Believe in him 2. have big plans to use him.

I like Juju a lot and I think he's fantastic and I would absolutely take Juju ahead of Watkins any day but when you add in a early 2019 1st potentially a top 3 I think that more than enough makes up the difference between the two at this point in time.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 am

i like watkins over juju, howard way over kittle (i dont get why everyone is so into kittle), and i love early first round picks over nothing.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp