Josh Gordon Value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Re: Josh Gordon Value

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 am

This just in from Cleveland PD: Manziel came into town for the weekend, he and Gordon got some good smoke, and were arrested doing cocaine off of the back of 12 hookers.
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:03 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:13 am hes one of the best WRs. he also played several games last year so def more than a few snaps.

hes a flight risk? no he just used to get effed up all the time and now he doesnt, or is better at getting away with it lol.
You're trivializing Gordon's addictions. The threat of relapse will always be with him. He failed at "getting away with it" because he can't just have one drink, one puff, or one bump. He's an addict. Once he starts, he can't stop.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:54 am What I'd be willing to pay and what the Gordon owner would probably ask for would not be very close. In your case, not sure I'd even pay the 2.02, but I'm sure that wouldn't be enough anyway.
2.02 or a late 1st is more than reasonable.

I own him on a couple of teams and would probably crap my pants if I was offered the 1.04 for him.

Zielenieskij
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Zielenieskij » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Thanks guys I ended up drafting D.J. Moore at 1.7 and then had the same offer for Gordon at 1.14 with nick Chubb still available... so I drafted Chubb instead of trading for Gordon hoping the value pays off.... hopefully can get a wr at 2.2 either Gallup or Miller to pay off

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Zielenieskij wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:06 pm Thanks guys I ended up drafting D.J. Moore at 1.7 and then had the same offer for Gordon at 1.14 with nick Chubb still available... so I drafted Chubb instead of trading for Gordon hoping the value pays off.... hopefully can get a wr at 2.2 either Gallup or Miller to pay off
Wow yeah Id take Chubb in a heartbeat. Your league mates were sleeping. See if you can package that 2nd with something else while you're on the clock and get Gordon.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:56 pm

From reading this his value is all over the board. If they have owned him and held him the entire time, value may be higher, if they added him off waivers at the end of last season then his value is possibly lower. I'd offer at highest your 1.10, but most likely start at your 1.14 but wouldn't go any higher. The risk is way too high on him.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Pats/VikesFan wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:34 am
Titans95 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:29 pm Typically I'd want the 1.04 range for Gordon.
:shock: :surprised: :crazy:

Gordon may justify this price tag, yet.

Right now, though? You are smoking his, seemingly abandoned, stash if you think he is worth anything more than a low 1 or high 2!
Not saying I think he has been valued by that by most owners but speaking frankly I'd choose Gordon over the 1.05.....which means I was essentially never going to trade him this off season but Penny miraculously fell to the 1.08 in a league and I had to trade Gordon for him. I have Penny as my 1.02 so I was absolutely thrilled to pull that off.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:44 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:38 am I would think a mid first should be enough for Gordon. maybe a 2nd on top of the 1.07. You take on a lot of risk with him. That being said, I think DJ Moore should be valued similarly (higher floor, lower ceiling) so I think he’d be a fine pick
To clarify my earlier post, the above is what I believe owners are expecting and the typical price being paid in actual deals being done.

I do NOT recommend actually paying up for him. He's not the type of risk I would take.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave