SFlex StartUp - Opinions Always Welcome *Updated End of 18th/Beg. 19th*

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
EAGLES
MVP
MVP

SFlex StartUp - Opinions Always Welcome *Updated End of 18th/Beg. 19th*

Postby EAGLES » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 am

Update Beginning of 5th:
Currently we are at the beginning of the 5th round (picks on the board are in green). I have a mid and late 5th coming up and curious to hear what others would do here.

Too early to grab my 3rd QB? Or should I go ahead and grab my WR1 and another RB like Howard (or one of the rookie RBs, they’re all available except Barkley/Guice) with these next two 5th round picks and grab a QB later?

Ended up taking a copy of TY, figured he’s worth the gamble here in the 5th, especially if Luck comes back to form.

Update End of 5th:
Ended up taking Howard over Landry to make sure I have a solid RB core in case of an injury to Gordon or Freeman (especially with their knees). Also, I keep seeing Landry slip to the mid to end of the 6th round in other SuperFlex startups. Thought I’d take a risk.

Update End of 6th:
So, my plan on taking Howard over Landry last minute kind of back fired on me lol it ended up being opposite, should’ve taken Landry and could have had Howard here. Oh well, that last minute change of mind will just haunt me for a bit. A lot more QBs went off the board as well. Chubb was taken right before me so it made it an even easier choice. Would have preferred Landry due to the age difference, but I’m ok with taking Baldwin here.

Update Middle of 8th:
Ended up moving up to get the last copy of Bortles. Gave up my 8.12, 9.01 & 15.01 for the 8.07, 9.07 and 15.08. Not a big fan of Bortles, but I do prefer him over Dalton/remaining QBs. I tried moving up to get a copy of Smith, but couldn’t make it happen. I think this is a good set of QBs so far.

Update Middle of 9th:
I was highly considering Tevin Coleman here to lock up the ATL backfield plus for his potential upside next year, but the last copy was just taken. I ended up taking a copy of Tate for his yearly consistency. I’ll be looking to add younger, upside WRs later down the road to balance out my older WR core.

Update end of 10th:
Ended up taking Ingram here. With my team being built to be an immediate competitor, I felt he could easily be a huge contributor in one of the 5 flex spots after his 4 game suspension. The way this draft has been going i can see young, upside WRs falling to me at my next pick (end of 12th).

Update end of 12th:
Ended up taking Agholor with my 12th round pick. I like his weekly upside being on the Eagles. Not to mention, with this being best ball, I don’t have to worry about which weeks to play him. Also, I’m an Eagles fan.

Update beginning of 13th:
Trying to decide on whether to take another WR or load up with another RB like Hyde. Highly considering Anthony Miller here. Ended up taking a shot on Anthony Miller.

Update end of 14th:
Decided to snag another young WR, Doctson. Hoping he’ll become something for the Skins’ :think:

Update middle of 15th:
Ended up grabbing my backup TE, Hooper. With my 2nd pick of the 15th I took Hyde. I couldn’t pass up on this value.

Update end of 16th:
I wanted a piece of the Patriots backfield and I was able to get Burkhead here. With this being a best ball league, I like getting him in the 16th knowing Belichick’s way of using RBs. Burkhead could provide a lot of upside weeks.

Update beginning of 17th:
Decided to take my first devy player. Ended up grabbing Drew Lock, Missouri QB. All the other devy QBs I wanted to grab were already taken, but I’ve read good things on Lock. So, I pulled the trigger.

Update end of 18th:
Coming up to my next set of picks. I’m hoping the last copy of Foreman falls to me along with Rishard Mathews.

1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 5FLEX 1SUPERFLEX (48 Teams/4 Copies/1 copy per team)
1PPR - Best Ball - 2 PPR TE - Devy w/ 10 Taxi Squad spots

Current Roster:
Rodgers / Wilson / Bortles / Drew Lock (R ‘19)
Gordon / Freeman / Howard / Hyde / Ingram / Burkhead
TY Hilton / Baldwin / Tate / Agholor / Doctson/ A. Miller (R)
Ertz / Hooper

Upcoming Picks: 18.12, 19.01

Big Board Color Legend:
My Picks QBs WRs RBs TEs Devy

Best available (Left column is number of copies left):
2 Dez Bryant
3 Martavis Bryant
4 Corey Coleman
1 D'Onta Foreman
4 Donte Moncrief
3 Dede Westbrook
2 Jordy Nelson
4 Jordan Matthews
1 Rishard Matthews
3 Paul Richardson
4 Theo Riddick
3 John Ross
4 DeSean Jackson
4 Zay Jones
4 John Brown
4 Ameer Abdullah
4 Tyrell Williams
4 Chris Carson
4 Curtis Samuel
1 Tre'Quan Smith
3 James White
3 Kenneth Dixon
4 Samaje Perine
4 D.J. Chark
4 Devontae Booker
4 Latavius Murray
4 Doug Martin
4 Bilal Powell
4 Keelan Cole
4 Matt Breida
4 Malcolm Mitchell
4 Taywan Taylor
4 T.J. Yeldon
4 C.J. Prosise
Attachments
D562F1F3-1DD0-4A7B-AF5A-F880374C76B9.jpeg
D562F1F3-1DD0-4A7B-AF5A-F880374C76B9.jpeg (179.16 KiB) Viewed 187 times
Last edited by EAGLES on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:17 am, edited 23 times in total.

Vick2Crumpler87
Role Player
Role Player

Re: SFlex StartUp - Opinions Needed

Postby Vick2Crumpler87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:34 am

I think you really need to look at WRs. Or try and draft BPA the rest of the way to trade for a WR1 after the draft
12 Team SF PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SFLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB (TE 1.5 ppr)
2018 Runner up, 2019 champion 2020 champion

QB - Matty Ice, K. Cousins, G. Minshew, J. Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, J. Robinson, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. White
WR - Julio, Nuk, JuJu, C. Ridley, Tyrell, KJ Hamler, K. Cole, J. Meyers, C. Johnson, V. Jefferson
TE - Z Ertz, T. Higbee, B. Jarwin, L. Thomas
K - T. Bass
DB - J. Chinn
DL - Chandler Jones, H. Reddick
LB - D. Leonard

10 Team PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-2RB/WR/TE-1K-1DST
2018 Runner up, 2019 3rd place, 2020 Runner up

QB - Matty Ice, Big Ben, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, M. Gordon, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. Williams
WR - Julio, Nuk, C. Ridley, AJ Brown, A. Cooper, JuJu, TY Hilton, N. Harry, KJ Hamler, S. Miller, D. Peoples-Jones, V. Jefferson
TE - D. Waller, Z. Ertz, B. Jarwin
K - R. Blankenship
DST - Bucs

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 am

Choice of Landry, Hilton, Howard
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:58 am

Cooks, Hilton for me especially with your team. Howard is another option
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 pm

It would be hard to pass up on another top QB, but I think you have to go WR. I'd probably take both Landry and Hilton if they're there.

Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:33 am

Landry and juju. Looks like you could go qb and bladwin next go around. Thats what I would do.
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams
WR: Chase, CeeDee, Godwin, Mooney, Osborne, Eli Moore, Hardman, Ty Johnson
TE: Goedert, Trautman, Conklin, B Jordan
2023-1st x 2
2023- 3rd x 3

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Re: SFlex StartUp - Opinions Needed *Updated Middle of 5th*

Postby EAGLES » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Updated the OP with a new view of the board and how many copies of each player are left.

At this point, I’m guaranteed a copy of Landry, Thielen or Jordan Howard with my next pick. After my last 5th round pick (which I traded my 2019 1st & 2nd for; so, I need to make a good choice here lol), I have a long wait until my next pick which is the 2nd to last pick in the 6th round.

Contemplating on whether or not to try to get more 6th/7th round picks for my 5th round pick.

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Re: SFlex StartUp - Opinions Needed *Updated End of 5th*

Postby EAGLES » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:32 am

Updated...at the end of the 5th round

Vick2Crumpler87
Role Player
Role Player

Re: SFlex StartUp - Opinions Needed *Updated End of 5th*

Postby Vick2Crumpler87 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 am

Still 4 copies of DT left, I think you'll be fine if you manage to get Landry then DT
12 Team SF PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SFLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB (TE 1.5 ppr)
2018 Runner up, 2019 champion 2020 champion

QB - Matty Ice, K. Cousins, G. Minshew, J. Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, J. Robinson, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. White
WR - Julio, Nuk, JuJu, C. Ridley, Tyrell, KJ Hamler, K. Cole, J. Meyers, C. Johnson, V. Jefferson
TE - Z Ertz, T. Higbee, B. Jarwin, L. Thomas
K - T. Bass
DB - J. Chinn
DL - Chandler Jones, H. Reddick
LB - D. Leonard

10 Team PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-2RB/WR/TE-1K-1DST
2018 Runner up, 2019 3rd place, 2020 Runner up

QB - Matty Ice, Big Ben, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, M. Gordon, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. Williams
WR - Julio, Nuk, C. Ridley, AJ Brown, A. Cooper, JuJu, TY Hilton, N. Harry, KJ Hamler, S. Miller, D. Peoples-Jones, V. Jefferson
TE - D. Waller, Z. Ertz, B. Jarwin
K - R. Blankenship
DST - Bucs

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Re: SFlex StartUp - Opinions Needed *Updated End of 6th*

Postby EAGLES » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Updated OP, at end of 6th. Need to decide whether or not to take Baldwin or my 3rd QB or last copy of Chubb. Any opinions/thoughts? Next pick isn’t until 8.12 so I could miss out on even more QBs (Brees, Big Ben, Smith, etc). Chubb holds more value then Baldwin but won’t help my team if I can’t move him for a WR

bwhauf
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bwhauf » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Don't see much of a reason to go Brees, Big Ben, or Smith. You'll be starting Wilson or Rodgers over them every week and they're all getting up there in age. It'd probably be better to go a younger QB later (i.e. Trubisky, Dalton, Bortles or a rookie).

I'd actually grab another copy of Howard here. Young and fairly proven. Wouldn't fault you for taking Chubb though
12 Team 0.5 PPR Superflex
1 QB, 1 OP, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco
RB: Devonta Freeman, Phillip Lindsay, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Jerick Mckinnon, TJ Yeldon, CJ Procise
WR: Deandre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Nelson Agholor, Chris Conley, Golden Tate, Quincy Enunwa, Marquise Goodwin, Mohamed Sanu, Chad Beebe, Josh Doctson
TE: David Njoku, Greg Olsen, Mike Gisecki, Blake Jarwin, Tommy Sweeney
K: Stephen Gostkowski
DEF: 49ers, Texans

TAXI: Deebo Samuel, Parris Campbell, Damien Harris, Trace McSorley, Travis Fulgham

2020 picks: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 2 3rds, 1 4th

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 pm

bwhauf wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 pm Don't see much of a reason to go Brees, Big Ben, or Smith. You'll be starting Wilson or Rodgers over them every week and they're all getting up there in age. It'd probably be better to go a younger QB later (i.e. Trubisky, Dalton, Bortles or a rookie).

I'd actually grab another copy of Howard here. Young and fairly proven. Wouldn't fault you for taking Chubb though
All rookie QBs are gone except for Allen and Rudolph. Also, only 1 copy of a player can be on a team. Chubb was just taken. So he’s off the table now. I’m OTC now

mmass
All Pro
All Pro

Postby mmass » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Wide Reciever Wide Receiver Wide Receiver.... leagues where you only have to start 1 RB devalues them greatly. At least IMO.
Superflex Format Q(SF)RWWFFTDK 12 Team PPR
SF1 - Yr 2
Goff Ryan Darnold Dalton
CMC Cohen Hines McFarland Peterson
Hopkins Adams Boyd Jeffery Shepard Boykins Higgins Quntez Duverney
Andrews Waller

SF2 - Yr 7 - 2019 Champ
Wentz Dak Goff Grier Brisset
Cook Mixon Hyde Mattison Edmonds Boone
M.Thomas Sutton Edelman J.Landry
Kittle Goedart Higbee

SF3 - Yr 4
Watson Burrow Goff Foles
Barkley Ja.Williams
Hopkins Evans Sutton Lamb Shepard VSM K.Harmon
Higbee Smith Howard

SF4 - Orphan Year 2
Dak Jones Taylor Brisset Eason Hurts
Taylor CEH Edmonds Dobbins
Boyd Ridley Mclaurin Lamb Reagor Harry Bryan Perriman Hurd
Andrews Goedart

2020 2 1st & 2nd

Deep Format - QQRRWWWTTFFDDKK 10 team PPR
Deep 2 Yr 5
Brady Stafford Lock Dalton Brissett
CMC Mixon Taylor Dillon DJ Hyde
Evans Hopkins Julio Edelman Gallup D.Jackson Mimz Claypool Boykin
Engram Gesicki Fant Herndon Dissly

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Howard for me pretty easily, even in a 1RB league nobody is really close to his value. If you rally wanted WR Alshon/Baldwin aren’t bad options.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:46 am

Rosenbluu wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:08 pm Howard for me pretty easily, even in a 1RB league nobody is really close to his value.
x2 Howard is the clear choice here for me as well.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd