Which Howard trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which trade to make?

Get Hilton and Aaron Jones
14%
Get A-Rob and Aaron Jones
64%
Keep Howard+
21%

Total votes: 28

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Which Howard trade?

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:10 am

Yesterday I had a thread about Howard+ for ARob+ that was way off. After talking to the other owner, these are two trades that we have actually talked about and not just put through trade analyzer.

GIVE Jordan Howard, Crowder, 3.06
GET Hilton and Aaron Jones

Or

GIVE Howard, Crowder, Eifert, 3.06
GET ARob and Aaron Jones.

Either trade would strengthen my WR core, but weaken my RB core a little. Worth it to sacrifice a little RB depth to improve WR core?
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Which Howard trade?

Postby Titans95 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:13 am

Jcedwards wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:10 am Yesterday I had a thread about Howard+ for ARob+ that was way off. After talking to the other owner, these are two trades that we have actually talked about and not just put through trade analyzer.

Or

Either trade would strengthen my WR core, but weaken my RB core a little. Worth it to sacrifice a little RB depth to improve WR core?
Its a tough call....on one hand Arob will almost certainly have the longer career and could be in a dream landing spot if he performs well this year but thats a big question mark....additionally you're 3 starting RB's are stronger than your 3 starting WR's but RB's tend to get hurt more often than WR's do, if one of your RB's goes down you could be in trouble.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:27 am

Titans95 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:13 am
Jcedwards wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:10 am Yesterday I had a thread about Howard+ for ARob+ that was way off. After talking to the other owner, these are two trades that we have actually talked about and not just put through trade analyzer.

Or

Its a tough call....on one hand Arob will almost certainly have the longer career and could be in a dream landing spot if he performs well this year but thats a big question mark....additionally you're 3 starting RB's are stronger than your 3 starting WR's but RB's tend to get hurt more often than WR's do, if one of your RB's goes down you could be in trouble.
Yea that’s my thought process as well. I believe either WR will outperform Howard, especially with him being a non factor in the passing game. But if one of my other 3 RBs goes down and I make the trade, I could be in trouble. Now we only have to start 2 RBs, and I most certainly will only start 2 if I make the trade, but my depth at RB will not be that great. Jones and Breida could be good, but we honestly don’t know what their role will be exactly yet.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:26 am

Jcedwards wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:27 am

Or

Yea that’s my thought process as well. I believe either WR will outperform Howard, especially with him being a non factor in the passing game. But if one of my other 3 RBs goes down and I make the trade, I could be in trouble. Now we only have to start 2 RBs, and I most certainly will only start 2 if I make the trade, but my depth at RB will not be that great. Jones and Breida could be good, but we honestly don’t know what their role will be exactly yet.
I have your same concerns about Howard....I recently traded 2019 1st/3rd/5th + duke for him...I couldn't pass up that value. Everytime I get concerned I start to realize that Howard is really really good and while he'll be a "non factor" in the passing game he will still catch at least 20 or so passes, and with the improved offense as a whole he could easily get his rushing numbers and TD numbers back up into RB1 status. If Luck can stay healthy I REALLY like TY this year but he's also 29 and you typically see the "speedsters" fall off a bit earlier compared to the elite route runners and bigger physical guys. Arob has just as many question marks as Howard if not more but his ceiling is higher and his longevity is longer than Howards. If it was me I would probably try to move Howard for a different RB first and if that doesn't work then unless my league was extremely competitive and I'd count myself lucky to win one Chip every 5-7years then I would go for the longterm/high upside guy in Arob over TY

hudini33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hudini33 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:34 am

I'm taking ARob here
No One 12-team, 21 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, D/ST, K) 0-0 EST. 2017

2018, 2021 Champion

QB: Hurts, Z Wilson, Minshew, Heinecke
RB: Zeke, Ekeler, Patterson, J Robinson, Pollard, Jamal Williams
WR: Diggs, Sutton, Metcalf, McLaurin, Mooney, V. Jefferson, M. Jones
TE: Andrews, Knox, Freiermuth
D/ST: Packers, Cardinals

2022 Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.03, 3.12
2023 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3

2018 and 2021 Champion.
2020 Runner-up

Rookie Class Heroes 10-team, 30 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX) 0-0 EST. 2020

QB: Baker, Fields, Ryan, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Jacobs, Harris, Herbert, , Bernard, J. Wilson, Kelley
WR: DJ Moore, Sutton, Waddle, Mooney, N. Collins, V. Jefferson, B. Edwards, D. Brown, Reynolds, Duvernay, Agholor, Mims, G Wilson, Pickens, Burks
TE: Engram, Kmet, Freiermuth, Tremble

2022 Picks: 1.08, 2.04, 2.09, 3.02, 4.04
2023 Picks: 1, 1, 3, 4

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am

ARob = Howard + Crowder (somewhat)
Jones >>>> Eifert and a third

I'm easily taking that trade
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:52 am

They mostly look like a push. I'd probably do the ARob deal only because you have a bigger need for WR than RB and it gets rid of a pair of roster cloggers in Crowder and Eifert. Personally, I'd rather trade away Mixon than Howard to fill the need.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:01 am

I'd take either deal. I like Arob and TY for different reasons, I'd prob lean towards the Arob one simply due to the youth of Arob. I'd also try to get crowder out of the deal, I think he might come on strong this season, and bounce back in a big way. Alex Smith is usually pretty conservative as a passer, and Crowder gets the most separation out of anyone on that team. If Reed is out, he might be a shallow/intermediate route target hog.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:31 pm

I would do either. If you're competing, I'd rather do the Hilton one.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:24 pm

You got responses to this part of it yesterday. In .5 PPR, which is more important: a strong RB core or strong WR core? Howard's reduced number of catches won't impact his feature role in an offense that is primed to open up the field for him. Look at the scoring for last year with your league's scoring. You should be able to decide which core is more important that way.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:48 am

Edgy68 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:24 pm You got responses to this part of it yesterday. In .5 PPR, which is more important: a strong RB core or strong WR core? Howard's reduced number of catches won't impact his feature role in an offense that is primed to open up the field for him. Look at the scoring for last year with your league's scoring. You should be able to decide which core is more important that way.
Yea I know, but I didn't list the whole trade over there because that wasn't the place for it. So I listed it over here. Thanks for the response.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:00 am

Looking at last year's scoring, RB's ruled the league. 11 RB's scored more than the 1st WR did, including Jordan Howard. It probably had a lot to do with RB's getting a point for every 3 rushing attempts (which I forgot about until I checked the stats). So thanks for reminding me to check the settings.

- Howard had 262 points
- Antonio Brown was the 1st receiver with 256 points
- T.Y. Hilton had 147 points (granted that was without Luck)

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:28 am

Titans95 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:26 am
Jcedwards wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:27 am

I have your same concerns about Howard....I recently traded 2019 1st/3rd/5th + duke for him...I couldn't pass up that value. Everytime I get concerned I start to realize that Howard is really really good and while he'll be a "non factor" in the passing game he will still catch at least 20 or so passes, and with the improved offense as a whole he could easily get his rushing numbers and TD numbers back up into RB1 status. If Luck can stay healthy I REALLY like TY this year but he's also 29 and you typically see the "speedsters" fall off a bit earlier compared to the elite route runners and bigger physical guys. Arob has just as many question marks as Howard if not more but his ceiling is higher and his longevity is longer than Howards. If it was me I would probably try to move Howard for a different RB first and if that doesn't work then unless my league was extremely competitive and I'd count myself lucky to win one Chip every 5-7years then I would go for the longterm/high upside guy in Arob over TY
I should have checked my settings before posting, but we get 1 pt per 3 rushing attempts, so RB's have been a little more valuable in this league versus WR's. Does that change your mind any or still have your same opinion?

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am

Look... I'll just say this:
Get out on Howard while you still can. Sell.
Woefully inefficient and inconsistent.
Take 2 minutes to scan his game log from last season.
Then sell before the other owner does the same.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 pm

cvbuc wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am Look... I'll just say this:
Get out on Howard while you still can. Sell.
Woefully inefficient and inconsistent.
Take 2 minutes to scan his game log from last season.
Then sell before the other owner does the same.
I don't agree with this at all. Game logs are not the way to evaluate players. Watch him play. He is one of the better backs on the league after contact. Nagy is going to realize he has a diamond in the rough here and find ways to get him on the field more often.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.