Who on my roster would you be happy moving for the 1.10?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Who on my roster would you be happy moving for the 1.10?

Postby sammyz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:23 am

topher wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 am
sammyz wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:34 am I think I'm going to come in with Duke + Allison + 3.07 and see what he says. It's the kind of thing I might do in some years and he at least talks as if a pick at the back of the first is pure dart throw.
I would start with Collins straight up, but at least what you’re adding isn’t much you certainly won’t miss it
My thinking is that I probably wouldn't miss any of these pieces. It's a .5 ppr league and I've been high on Duke and thought he'd wind up with a starting gig next year but that seems very unlikely now. I'm trying to package some depth for quality and am going to have to make some roster space at some point anyway.

I think I like Collins better than those pieces long run, if he repeats last year's performance and starts 16 games (big ifs, but Duke certainly won't be) then I prefer to keep him than the others.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:30 am

hudini33 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:14 pm Yeldon+ is probably your best bet
In a 10 team league, with these roster sizes, Yeldon has just as good of a chance as being a FA as being the on a roster. No one is paying more than a 3rd rounder for him.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am

The real roster you need to be looking at is his roster.

As a champion, he is probably pretty set and targeting a high upside player like Gallup would be my guess.

He may like a player like Collins or Duke but 10 team leagues want studs and better players will draft a prospect with stud potential. Nothing you are thinking about have that potential.

If he is stacked and you are not he may move that pick for your future 1st and a Hogan type that is undervalued IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:38 am

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am The real roster you need to be looking at is his roster.

As a champion, he is probably pretty set and targeting a high upside player like Gallup would be my guess.

He may like a player like Collins or Duke but 10 team leagues want studs and better players will draft a prospect with stud potential. Nothing you are thinking about have that potential.

If he is stacked and you are not he may move that pick for your future 1st and a Hogan type that is undervalued IMO.
I think the only thing that gives me slightly unique leverage is that I have a bunch of tier 2.5-3 players that he lacks. I.e. he's top heavy right now, that and the fact that he tends to consider any pick outside the top 5 as a total crapshoot. Particularly this year where the drop off after 8 is steeper. He said to talk to him about trades in July, we'll see what happens. It may be I just stand pat and trade for players in season at discount prices.
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:45 am

sammyz wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:38 am
Ice wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am The real roster you need to be looking at is his roster.

I think the only thing that gives me slightly unique leverage is that I have a bunch of tier 2.5-3 players that he lacks. I.e. he's top heavy right now, that and the fact that he tends to consider any pick outside the top 5 as a total crapshoot. Particularly this year where the drop off after 8 is steeper. He said to talk to him about trades in July, we'll see what happens. It may be I just stand pat and trade for players in season at discount prices.
The very best strategy to win 10 team leagues is to be top heavy and sprinkle in upside prospects that can be studs in the future.

Good Luck.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 am

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:45 am
sammyz wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:38 am

The very best strategy to win 10 team leagues is to be top heavy and sprinkle in upside prospects that can be studs in the future.

Good Luck.
That may very well be true. The only thing that matters in the end is if he feels that way as well!