Where to go from here

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Contender or Prentender

Contender
25%
Middle of the pack
63%
Prentender
13%

Total votes: 16

jsig186
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Where to go from here

Postby jsig186 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Looking for some advice on what my next move should be and if this team is a contender or pretender (Team in Sig). Been a middle of the road team for the past couple seasons and not sure which way to go. Just flipped Devonta Freeman, my 1.12, 2.3 and a 2019 1st for the 1.1 and Matt Ryan. Even after I pick Barkely I'll be pretty thin at RB. The Bell owner is open to moving him, but if my team isn’t close to contending it might not be the right move to give up a haul for him.

Thinkin adding some rb depth is the priority but open to any ideas at this point.

Thanks
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FlEX 12Teams .5 PPR Scoring
QBs: Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson
RBs: Saquon Barkley, CMC, Raheem Mostert, Foreman, Hubbard, Montgomery, Hall
WRs: Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, AJ Brown, Gallup, DJ Moore, Devonta Smith, Toney
TEs: Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert,

hudini33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Where to go from here

Postby hudini33 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Middle of the pack. You need to improve your RBs pretty badly (Saquon will help but still need more) and QBs are meh. Lots of young talent at WR, but no true studs (Allen maybe). Ertz is great, but I would target Goedert in the 3rd.
No One 12-team, 21 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, D/ST, K) 0-0 EST. 2017

2018, 2021 Champion

QB: Hurts, Z Wilson, Minshew, Heinecke
RB: Zeke, Ekeler, Patterson, J Robinson, Pollard, Jamal Williams
WR: Diggs, Sutton, Metcalf, McLaurin, Mooney, V. Jefferson, M. Jones
TE: Andrews, Knox, Freiermuth
D/ST: Packers, Cardinals

2022 Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.03, 3.12
2023 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3

2018 and 2021 Champion.
2020 Runner-up

Rookie Class Heroes 10-team, 30 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX) 0-0 EST. 2020

QB: Baker, Fields, Ryan, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Jacobs, Harris, Herbert, , Bernard, J. Wilson, Kelley
WR: DJ Moore, Sutton, Waddle, Mooney, N. Collins, V. Jefferson, B. Edwards, D. Brown, Reynolds, Duvernay, Agholor, Mims, G Wilson, Pickens, Burks
TE: Engram, Kmet, Freiermuth, Tremble

2022 Picks: 1.08, 2.04, 2.09, 3.02, 4.04
2023 Picks: 1, 1, 3, 4

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 pm

I don't like that trade. Freeman will be very productive and you gave away two firsts on a team that needs an influx of talent. You would have been better off using those first round picks in other deals to make multiple improvements.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:43 pm

I don't think you're a true contender, but if Barkley is as great as everyone thinks/hopes he can be and Cooper can turn into a legit star, then you won't be too far behind.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Ugh.

1) In a shallow starting-line league, you need studs. You have one guy who has never played in the NFL (Barkley), one who potential ceiling is as high as his potential floor (Cooper), and Ertz. Not enough. And your guys behind them aren't top-end players.

2) I strongly echo what @skip said.

To me, it seems like your biggest issue is that you don't have a plan/vision for this team.

"Just flipped Devonta Freeman, my 1.12, 2.3 and a 2019 1st for the 1.1 and Matt Ryan."
"Even after I pick Barkely I'll be pretty thin at RB."

These two sentences alone show that you're only solving one problem by creating a hole that you can't fill in elsewhere.

And now you're saying that you want to go after Bell? With what?? And what will your team be left with after you trade Cooper and Ertz (since you don't have 1st-round picks left) to get him?

Ugh.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 pm

I'd hang tight, I think this time next year your team could really compete once your WR's get a little older and Coleman becomes a #1 for another team.

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:30 pm

I think you have enough to fill out a good roster in a 12 team league. In saying that you have no depth and your team is close to the definition of middle of the pack.
Agreed with above, you have no assets to get Bell and Coleman should find a gig next year
Edit: Standard scoring really hurts the shares of Quon, Mckinnon, Ertz, and Keenan especially

roseyknee
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roseyknee » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 am

moishetreats wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm Ugh.

1) In a shallow starting-line league, you need studs. You have one guy who has never played in the NFL (Barkley), one who potential ceiling is as high as his potential floor (Cooper), and Ertz. Not enough. And your guys behind them aren't top-end players.

Disagree with this- at WR, you also have a stud in Keenan, upside in Gordon and Watkins, and some decent role player type WRs in Williams, Garcon, Enunwa, JMatt. Barkley and McKinnon should both be top15 RBs and maybe Tevin increases his production, so you're pretty solid there. You could definitely use some more depth, but I think you have some decent pieces that you could flip to upgrade- maybe Mckinnon+MWilliams for a higher end RB?

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:14 am

i think that team is legit as can be im not sure what team the rest of these guys are looking at.

qb-totally fine play matchups between winston and ryan
rb-a presumed stud top 5 back, a bit of an unknown in mckinnon but we expect high volume, and an rb2 with rb1 upside
wr-stud and upside galore! KA stud, cooper sammy and josh gordon hated by all loved by me and immense potential, mike williams potential star, pierre garcon #1 wr for everyones lover jimmy g thats a sick solid piece to cover your butt if the upside guys bust.
TE-wow yet ANOTHER top 3 option at the position in Ertz and great upside backup in njoku

this is a very good team and high potential. you need 1 more rb or to try to turn mckinnon and gordon into bell (or some combo like that) or trade mike williams for a rb you like
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jsig186
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jsig186 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:55 am

Appreciate the feedback. Basically what I thought. My team is basically all potential. Lots of WRs with upside but outside of Allen no consistent studs. If everything goes right I could be good, but thats a big IF.

Only mentioned Bell because the owner is so low on him for whatever reason.

I think I've gotta flip some of my WR depth and go after some middle of the road rbs or or vets.
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FlEX 12Teams .5 PPR Scoring
QBs: Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson
RBs: Saquon Barkley, CMC, Raheem Mostert, Foreman, Hubbard, Montgomery, Hall
WRs: Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, AJ Brown, Gallup, DJ Moore, Devonta Smith, Toney
TEs: Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert,

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 am

With shallow starting requirements and being standard scoring, you probably need two stud RBs to be a contender. While Mckinnon is the starter he's not exactly someone I see scoring double digit TDs he's more a PPR RB, and in standard scoring, TDs are king.

Allen is a good PPR WR, but typically doesn't put up a lot of TDs, but with Henry hurt, he may this year. I'd be okay rolling with Allen and Gordon as my WRs keeping one of either Watkins or Cooper as a bye week fill in. Who ever you don't keep, I'd try to turn into a RB... guys like Mixon, Howard, Henry, Chubb, Michel, R.Freeman.

If you really want to make a push for it, you could go lean at TE and trade Njoku for a third RB the likes of Collins, Ajayi, but their situations are a bit more murky so it's a lot more riskier.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 am

jsig186 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:55 am
I think I've gotta flip some of my WR depth and go after some middle of the road rbs or or vets.
This is what I was gong to suggest

I think your team is pretty decent and has a shot at playoffs. You could make the moves now or wait till closer to TD to see how you’re doing, might find it easier to get some deals done with teams already counted out.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 am

roseyknee wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 am
moishetreats wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm Ugh.

Disagree with this- at WR, you also have a stud in Keenan, upside in Gordon and Watkins, and some decent role player type WRs in Williams, Garcon, Enunwa, JMatt. Barkley and McKinnon should both be top15 RBs and maybe Tevin increases his production, so you're pretty solid there. You could definitely use some more depth, but I think you have some decent pieces that you could flip to upgrade- maybe Mckinnon+MWilliams for a higher end RB?
I'm going to push back on this: It's a standard (NOT PPR) league.

Cooper's value is reduced.
Allen's value is much lower.
Everything else is a crapshoot.

Two WR2s (good ones!), hopefuls (Gordon and Watkins), and speculative players (everyone else).

I see WR as a weakness, not a place of strength/depth. In this shallow format, most of the speculative guys on this list have little value except as back-end-of-the-roster stashes, but you won't get much in trade for them.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --