Chubb, Godwin, CJA for Freeman, Crowder

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Chubb, Godwin, CJA for Freeman, Crowder

Postby hjernazian » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Got offered D. Freeman $37 and J. Crowder $3

For

N. Chubb $4, C. Godwin $3, CJA $20

My 1st instinct is no, as it makes my roster unsustainable past this year, and I lose two cheap young assets which are very hard to come by in our league, but I can't help but think it significantly boosts my odds of landing a chip this year.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Chubb, Godwin, CJA for Freeman, Crowder

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:25 am

Even though Freeman could help push for a title and you wouldn't give up any "win now" pieces, I'd have a hard time accepting this. The value is there, but I like Chubb and Godwin moving forward and you have them cheap. You still have Coleman with Chubb in the wings, so I think you're fine at RB. I'm leary of the mounting workload and number of concussions Freeman is accumulating for that price as well.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 am

chubb and godwin are two players i love. Freeman i also love but 37$ sucks compared to 4$ and i could definitely see a scenario where chubb is similarly valued to freeman in the near future.

this is only a 13$ swing and crowder will be just as good as godwin this season and freeman is locked into a great role.

if you have a shot at a title you take it. you play to win the game, you dont play it just to play it!

My initial reaction was no cuz i love chubb and godwin but after i really thought about it i think it makes sense if you really see yourself as a top threat for a title.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:49 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 am chubb and godwin are two players i love. Freeman i also love but 37$ sucks compared to 4$ and i could definitely see a scenario where chubb is similarly valued to freeman in the near future.

this is only a 13$ swing and crowder will be just as good as godwin this season and freeman is locked into a great role.

if you have a shot at a title you take it. you play to win the game, you dont play it just to play it!

My initial reaction was no cuz i love chubb and godwin but after i really thought about it i think it makes sense if you really see yourself as a top threat for a title.
Thanks, do you think I have a shot at the title with that squad? I know it's hard to say without knowing the rest of the league, but I've been coming up as a runner up for each of the last two seasons with a similar team... and it's incredibly frustrating!

Ultimately I decided to pass, but the owner said it's on the table anytime I want it. He's not willing to budge on what he wants in return, but said he can add a smaller piece to the deal to make it work, but it doesn't really do much for me.

With my depth at QB, and the league going SF next year, I think that maybe I can swing one of my QB's (Cam, Brees, Mahomes and Baker) for a solid RB2 which I feel I desperately need. I don't know if I could live with myself if Freemans knee/concussion history catches up with him, and if Godwin or Chubb blow up. I see Chubb as an extremely solid weekly starter in 2019+, but not next year, same with Godwin, as much as I dislike Winston.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10

Team 2

RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:29 am

Chubb side for me. Based on talent, nothing to do with $$

Id try moving CJA for Crowder if you could swing that though.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:54 am

topher wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:29 am Chubb side for me. Based on talent, nothing to do with $$

Id try moving CJA for Crowder if you could swing that though.
Appreciated. Not a chance - He's $20 and Crowder is $4. Even if there were no salaries, I don't see a planet where I could do that 1:1. Crowder is due for a serious breakout this year.

Ultimately, I passed on the deal. If Mid season rolls around and I see if a.) one of my backs is hurt and i'm contending or b.) I am contending but clearly behind the top team or two, I may make the trade. The injury reports I am reading on Freeman + his concussion past has made me pump the brakes on any talks involving him. Wouldn't be surprised if Tevin (whom I own) carves a bigger role this year, or outright takes over due to injury with Ito at the helms. I don't see them letting Tevin run wild if they are going to try to desperately keep his value low.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2