Ready to compete?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Ready to compete

Poll ended at Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Yes, as is.
No votes
Yes, if moves are made
25%
No, wait for 2019.
75%
No, more than 1 year away.
No votes

Total votes: 4

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Ready to compete?

Postby captain howdy » Thu May 31, 2018 1:04 pm

See team 1 in the signature.

Leaguemates of mine consider my team good enough to try to compete ..and I really dont. I have some good speculative young and need too many things to go my way to realistically compete.

The reason its pertinent now, near June, is that I have 3 2019 firsts which could POSSIBLY be used to shore up a weakness, if there was just one weakness to shore up.

I consider myself better off being patient and letting time smooth my teams edges..but am I wasting an opportunity?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ready to compete?

Postby Goddard » Thu May 31, 2018 1:20 pm

I don't think you're ready to compete just yet, even if you made a couple of moves. Your RBs are all unproven, and same can probably be said about your WRs to an extent (outside of Landry - who's on a new team himself and probably has some question marks by many). You don't have a TE that I'd be comfortable throwing out week 1 and I'm not sure what I'd be targeting with future picks if I were to move them. I'd wait a year and allow the value of those picks to continue growing as well, while getting a feel for where your team is going and where you'll actually need help.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Ready to compete?

Postby sugbear65 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:35 pm

I would at least wait until in season. See how things break, and a few weeks in you’ll know if you are close enough to make a move or wait it out. For now though, patience.