Rate the Offseason - Next Steps?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gordon09
Rookie
Rookie

Rate the Offseason - Next Steps?

Postby Gordon09 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:56 am

So just to set the stage a little bit, this is a 12 team Standard PPR (QRRWWWTF) currently in a transition to a SuperFlex league. SuperFlex is implemented after next offseason, so 2020 season. The caveat of the transition is that each offseason you can only protect 3 QBs, and the rest are eligible to be drafted in the Rookie/FA draft. If your QB gets plucked in the rookie draft, you get a comp pick at the end of the round after they are taken. When we decided to make the transition, the team's were all pretty well balanced at QB and this was done to avoid teams like me with multiple 1st round picks loading up on the QBs. I say this because the value of QBs is currently stuck in some weird purgatory between standard and SF.

I came into the draft season with this roster:

QB - Winston, Stafford, Dalton
RB - Hyde, J. Williams, A. Jones, CJA, Carson, P. Barber, Gallman, Dixon
WR - ARob, M. Jones, M. Bryant, Richardson, Moncrief, Pryor, Taywan Taylor, Trent Taylor, M. Mitchell, C. Williams, Latimer
TE - Burton, Doyle, ASJ, Kroft
Picks - 1.04, 1.08, 1.09, 2.04, 3.04, 4.04, 6.04

TRADE 1 (NFL Draft Weekend, post-Bryant trade)
I Give: 1.04, Martavis Bryant
Team A Gives: 1.10, Stefon Diggs

The 2nd tier becoming muddy after the landing spots of the NFL draft caused me to do this. Since I had 1.08 and 1.09, I viewed this trade as moving down only 4 spots, and thought there was still a chance I would get the guy I would've taken at 1.04 (Chubb) with 1.08, knowing my leaguemates and their short term views. Love the upgrade from Bryant to Diggs.

TRADE 2 (During rookie draft)
I Give: 1.09, 2019 2nd (mid-late - from a different team who is a contender)
Team B Gives: 1.06 (OTC - I took Nick Chubb)

Chubb's fall began and I decided to pounce. I was trying to jump 1.07 who went to a SEC school and I felt was going to take him. Pre-draft, I thought he preferred Michel, but he went at 1.05 so I didn't want to gamble. 1.06 was WR needy, but later told me he was between Chubb and RoJo here. 1.07 took RoJo, 1.09 took Freeman.

TRADE 3 (During rookie draft)
I Give: 1.08
Team C Gives: Derrick Henry, 3.01, 2019 2nd (mid)

I was staring at Kerryon or Freeman here, who I like, but Team C came to the table and I thought it presented a value. Not huge on Henry but if I were to sit down and rank the RBs, he'd probably slot in right around those two, so I saw the extra value on top and took it. Also saw Henry as a flip opportunity but no luck there yet.

DRAFT 1.10 - Baker Mayfield

1st QB off the board - Like I said, transition between standard and SF made for weird QB valuations. Tried moving down a couple spots to recoup value and take Mayfield/Jackson, but it wasn't in the cards.

TRADE 4
I Give: 2.04, 3.01
Team A Gives: Robert Woods, 2019 3rd (early-mid)

I was looking at Kirk or Miller here, but Team A approached me again and I like Woods. I had tried prying Woods from him earlier in the off-season with a trade involving 1.09 (pre-Cooks trade) and he balked at it.

DRAFT 3.04 - Tre'Quan Smith
DRAFT 4.04 - DaeSean Hamilton
DRAFT 6.04 - Ryan Nall

CURRENT ROSTER
QB - Winston, Stafford, Mayfield, Dalton
RB - D. Henry, Hyde, Chubb, J. Williams, A. Jones, CJA, Carson, P. Barber, Gallman, Dixon, Nall
WR - ARob, Diggs, M. Jones, Woods, Richardson, Moncrief, Pryor, Taywan Taylor, Trent Taylor, T. Smith, Hamilton, M. Mitchell, C. Williams, Latimer
TE - Burton, Doyle, ASJ, Kroft
Picks - 2019 1st, Two 2019 2nd, Three 2019 3rd, Two 2019 4th, 2019 5th

In the end:

I Gave: 1.04 (DJ Moore), 1.08 (Ridley), 1.09 (Freeman), 2.04 (Rosen), M. Bryant, 2019 2nd (late)
I received: 1.06 (Chubb), 1.10 (Mayfield), Diggs, Woods, D. Henry, 2019 2nd (mid), 2019 3rd (early-mid)

Parenthesis indicates who was actually taken. I think if I kept 1.04, 108, 1.09, 2.04, I probably would've went Chubb, Freeman, Mayfield, Kirk so I actually gave up:

I Give: R. Freeman, Kirk, M. Bryant, 2019 2nd (late)
I Receive: Diggs, Woods, D. Henry, 2019 2nd (mid), 2019 3rd (early-mid)

Curious what you guys think and where you'd go from here? Been trying to package Henry with Arob or M. Jones (depending on the target) for a stud WR but no takers yet.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Rate the Offseason - Next Steps?

Postby vixen » Sat May 26, 2018 10:26 am

i like everything you did except the woods trade...i would rather have Kirk
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Just read the end results and that’s an easy win
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 27, 2018 12:58 am

vixen wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:26 am i like everything you did except the woods trade...i would rather have Kirk
over rosen?? in a superflex?
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 27, 2018 1:00 am

I like the moves but i would have for sure taken rosen at 2.04 that was a complete steal probably the steal of the draft he is a early to mid first in a superflex league. i get the transition period but that should be considered when drafting and qb like rosen should have easily commanded way more than woods
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sun May 27, 2018 7:54 am

playa_hata wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:58 am
vixen wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:26 am i like everything you did except the woods trade...i would rather have Kirk
over rosen?? in a superflex?
huh?

I Give: 2.04, 3.01
Team A Gives: Robert Woods, 2019 3rd (early-mid)
I was looking at Kirk or Miller here, but Team A approached me again and I like Woods. I had tried prying Woods from him earlier in the off-season with a trade involving 1.09 (pre-Cooks trade) and he balked at it.

where does it say he got Rosen? he gave Kirk + whoever he would have got at 3.01 for Woods and 2019 3rd
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris