Price check: Juju

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side

Juju
66%
34%

Total votes: 59

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Price check: Juju

Postby PigeonBoys » Sat May 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Ice wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:07 pm Lots of hype around here for a number 2 WR. He is a value NFL asset but 6 games under 10 points and 2 no shows is not legit start material. That offense runs through Brown and Bell.

Like number 2 WR's on a team he finished 30th in fantasy. Sure he would have won you 2-3 games had you started but it's the 6-8 losses he would have caused that keep one out of the playoffs.

He may have 70 reception upside. That is not good enough for anything other than a match up flex play.

There are 4 WR's in this draft I would much rather own. Should be easy to move back to 8 or 9 and grab a next year 1st giving back a second but 1.3 holds much more value than the 3rd wheel on a team.
Ice wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 am
Generic Username wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:52 am I guess I'm not at all on the Juju train...and I'm a Steelers fan. I like the kid, I like his talent and I like what he brings to both fantasy and real football value. But I want a WR1 at the 1.03 spot. ARob, C Davis, D Adams, guys like that...and yeah, I do know how well Juju scored last year. It's all personal preference here for me
This!

1.3 has more value.
And there are 4 WR's in this class that have at least JuJu's upside if not more.
I respectfully disagree with there being 4 WRs in the this class that have higher upside than JuJu, especially considering he outperformed all WRs combined taken before him in a stronger class. I’m also not sure how much more upside you can get with a rookie WR than JuJu with a #16 .5ppr and #20 full ppr finish, which is definitely ahead of flex status for the record. That’s exactly the kind of production you look for in a long term dynasty asset and he’s still only 21 so he’s got many years of production left.

As far as the OP, if you would trade 1.3 for Davis why not for JuJu?
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Sun May 27, 2018 9:01 am

Ice wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:07 pm Lots of hype around here for a number 2 WR. He is a value NFL asset but 6 games under 10 points and 2 no shows is not legit start material. That offense runs through Brown and Bell.

Like number 2 WR's on a team he finished 30th in fantasy. Sure he would have won you 2-3 games had you started but it's the 6-8 losses he would have caused that keep one out of the playoffs.

He may have 70 reception upside. That is not good enough for anything other than a match up flex play.

There are 4 WR's in this draft I would much rather own. Should be easy to move back to 8 or 9 and grab a next year 1st giving back a second but 1.3 holds much more value than the 3rd wheel on a team.
This! Don't get the hype on him. Wish I had him. I would sell him for sure with this kind of return.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 27, 2018 9:32 am

PigeonBoys wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Ice wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 am
Generic Username wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:52 am I guess I'm not at all on the Juju train...and I'm a Steelers fan. I like the kid, I like his talent and I like what he brings to both fantasy and real football value. But I want a WR1 at the 1.03 spot. ARob, C Davis, D Adams, guys like that...and yeah, I do know how well Juju scored last year. It's all personal preference here for me
This!

1.3 has more value.
And there are 4 WR's in this class that have at least JuJu's upside if not more.
I respectfully disagree with there being 4 WRs in the this class that have higher upside than JuJu, especially considering he outperformed all WRs combined taken before him in a stronger class. I’m also not sure how much more upside you can get with a rookie WR than JuJu with a #16 .5ppr and #20 full ppr finish, which is definitely ahead of flex status for the record. That’s exactly the kind of production you look for in a long term dynasty asset and he’s still only 21 so he’s got many years of production left.

As far as the OP, if you would trade 1.3 for Davis why not for JuJu?
JuJu was 30th over a 16 game schedule which is a fantasy season. The difference between Davis and Ju Ju is Davis should move into WR1 role on his team. Like I said, I like JuJu a lot as an NFL player but fantasy is all about target potential 1st then conversion rate of targets given.

JuJu in that system just won't get the targets. Performance as a rookie, while it matters, does not mean a ton when compared to system. This year Miller could easily be the best WR due to system but we won't know for a few years who will really be the best.

I expect Ju Ju to only put up marginally better numbers in year 2. By next season he could have to build a new relationship with a different QB and the odds Brown will be the guy for several more years.

I am looking at it purely from a fantasy perspective in relation to the players being offered. JuJu is simply a WR2. Don't see him as a 1B on his own team like a Diggs/Thielen type which drives value a little higher.

Looking at a from a little different perspective, L. Bell was targeted 106 times vs JuJu's 69 last season. Antonio Brown was targeted 163 times over a 16 week fantasy season.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Boxseed
Captain
Captain

Postby Boxseed » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 am

He is a wr1 look at his age based production in the nfl compared to his counterparts. Not only look at that look at his breakout age in college the problem was we under rated juju. Whoever would take a player over juju in this class thats not the brightest thing to do. And Arob/davis/adams never put up the numbers juju did in there 1st 2 years. And I’m not a Pittsburgh fan just a fan of analytics
1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 2 flex 1 D
Qb: luck cam Brady
Rb: Barkley, Mixon, mccaffrey, kerryon
Wr: k.allen,cooper, green, Hilton, Davis, Kirk,
Te: Kelce

Picks:
4 2020 1st

12tm 1qb 2rb 2wr 3 flex
Team 2
Rodgers Rivers Cousins
Barkley, kamara, cmac , R.freeman,
Nuk, Evans, hill, d.adams, scantling c.davis
Engram, ertz

2020 2 2nds

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 am

Threadsurrection is confusing
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:14 am

Necro bumps confused me

Anyways, Juju >>> 1.1
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol