Amari ++ / Keenan ++

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Amari, 2.02, early 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd / Keenan 2019 1st, 2020 1st

Take amari and picks
No votes
Keep Keenan and picks
100%
Change the 2020 1st to a 2020 2nd
No votes

Total votes: 31

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Amari ++ / Keenan ++

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue May 22, 2018 2:56 pm

I don't understand this trade at all. Keenan alone > Cooper + 2.02 + 2019 2nd + 2020 2nd. There's no way you should add anything to your side. If anything you should counter with Keenan for Cooper + 2019 1st + 2020 1st.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:28 pm I don't even know what's going on here. Someone wants to add two 1sts to Keenan to get Amari. And there's another poster arguing that they should be close in value?
I'm arguing that the posters saying KA is worth more are correct, but that KA isn't in "another stratosphere" of talent or value as they are suggesting, so you basically understand what's going on.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:24 pm
Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:14 pm

I disagree, I think talent wise Cooper is as good, but with his abysmal season last year Allen should be worth more. There is a good chance Cooper bounces back with some good numbers this year (he will command the most targets he's ever seen) and there is a good chance with that he will be worth more than Allen a year from now, BUT, I agree Cooper side should be adding.
Regardless of your belief in Cooper he is the one that has to bounce back while KA is the one thats sitting at #3 WR from last year....you gotta value the stud thats already proven it. If you believe in Cooper and want to move KA from him like you said you better be getting a lot on top because their values are pretty significantly different.
They aren't though, not by ADP at least. Everyone is entitled to their own evaluations but community averages gauge that while the Allen side should get something added to give him away, it's not going to be a lot on top from most Cooper owners, whether or not you agree. I made a move similar to this, but gave away Allen and Parker, Garcon and a 3rd and got Cooper and Cooks back, so I understand what you are saying, but I would not want to move Cooper and another significant piece for Allen, as I think he's the better long term player. To each their own.
We clearly disagree on Amari and KA which is cool to each his own but your recent trade for Amari is exactly my point. The difference of Garcon/Parker/3rd for Cooks is at the very least a projected future Mid/Early 1st, So essentially you got Cooper and an early future 1st value for KA. I personally would've not done that trade because as we both know I'm extremely high on KA but also I'm really skeptical of Cooks but that trade makes a TON of sense for anyone adding depth especially if you think Cooper can achieve the production so many of us have been waiting for.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm
Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Regardless of your belief in Cooper he is the one that has to bounce back while KA is the one thats sitting at #3 WR from last year....you gotta value the stud thats already proven it. If you believe in Cooper and want to move KA from him like you said you better be getting a lot on top because their values are pretty significantly different.
They aren't though, not by ADP at least. Everyone is entitled to their own evaluations but community averages gauge that while the Allen side should get something added to give him away, it's not going to be a lot on top from most Cooper owners, whether or not you agree. I made a move similar to this, but gave away Allen and Parker, Garcon and a 3rd and got Cooper and Cooks back, so I understand what you are saying, but I would not want to move Cooper and another significant piece for Allen, as I think he's the better long term player. To each their own.
We clearly disagree on Amari and KA which is cool to each his own but your recent trade for Amari is exactly my point. The difference of Garcon/Parker/3rd for Cooks is at the very least a projected future Mid/Early 1st, So essentially you got Cooper and an early future 1st value for KA. I personally would've not done that trade because as we both know I'm extremely high on KA but also I'm really skeptical of Cooks but that trade makes a TON of sense for anyone adding depth especially if you think Cooper can achieve the production so many of us have been waiting for.
Yeah, I'm fully on board with KA being worth more, it's just by current ADP he isn't needing to add multiple firsts or anything to get KA. I fully agree that this trade is A$$backwards, though. I'm just trying to provide some sense of middle ground, as before last year. Cooper was worth more, at least based on ADP, if I am not mistaken. Cooper had a terrible year, and KA had a career year. What I am saying is if Cooper can get back to where he should be, he's going to see the most targets he's ever received, and could easily have a career year if you believe in the talent. Being 2 years younger and having a career year could easily create a situation where Amari is in more demand than KA a year from now, that's all.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:49 pm
Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Yeah, I'm fully on board with KA being worth more, it's just by current ADP he isn't needing to add multiple firsts or anything to get KA. I fully agree that this trade is A$$backwards, though. I'm just trying to provide some sense of middle ground, as before last year. Cooper was worth more, at least based on ADP, if I am not mistaken. Cooper had a terrible year, and KA had a career year. What I am saying is if Cooper can get back to where he should be, he's going to see the most targets he's ever received, and could easily have a career year if you believe in the talent. Being 2 years younger and having a career year could easily create a situation where Amari is in more demand than KA a year from now, that's all.
TRUUUUU. Getting Cooks on top of Cooper for KA is a great trade, 2 top 20 with top 10 upside for 1 top 10. My big issue with Amari is I think He's had some really promising seasoning but he's never actually had that WR1 season yet, I think in previous years we've valued him like we have Juju this year but even more so because of draft capital. But I understand where you are coming from because I've always been a huge fan of KA and always knew that once he put together a full season he would dominate but for 2 years his value has been in the slumps.

Gronk
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Gronk » Tue May 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:04 pm Dude what? No. Amari side should be giving the 2019 1st and 2020 1st and you should give up nothing but KA. Even then I'd probably say no because a 2020 1st is so far away its practically worth a mid/late second this year. KA>>>>>>>Cooper and its not even close.
X2

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:05 pm

If it were Keenan by himself I would probably still take Keenan

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Tue May 22, 2018 8:49 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:26 pm i dont like anything about this deal for you and dont understand what appeals to you
This exactly.

Keenen >>>>>>>>> Cooper. I wouldn't give up Keenen alone for Cooper + 2 1sts.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

R2D2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby R2D2 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm

I like the Keenan side and agree that the Amari side needs to add value significantly to the offer