Draft Help @ 1.03

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Moneyball_85
Starter
Starter

Draft Help @ 1.03

Postby Moneyball_85 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:46 am

Hey guys,

I was able to get my hands on 1.03 to land a top tier RB (traded Freeman and 1.05 to get Engram and 1.03) and I'm stuck on who to take. My league is way different than most. It's non-PPR and you don't reach points until you hit 50, 100, and 150 yards. TDs are still 6pt, unless they catch a TD, then it's 9pt.

Anyways, I'm trying to pick between Guice and Michel. The second pick will be RoJo according to the owner... Guice has a good situation and will be 1st and 2nd down back, but Chris Thompson will be goal line back. Michel will have a ton of upside and Pats don't have a legit #1 WR anymore, so RB committee will be very involved. Penny, RoJo and Chubb will be bell cows, but I think they are on the next tier. If you were me, which RB would you take at 1.03?
16 team dynasty league, .5 PPR, Yardage (RB/WR/TE) 5pt=50, 10pt=100, QB= need 250 yards before collecting points for yds

QB-Mahomes, Gabbert, Heinecke
RB- Jonathan Taylor, Derrick Henry, CEH, Deon Jackson, Prince, Keaton Mitchell
WR- Ja'Mar Chase, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, Russell Gage, Charlie Jones, Sherfield, Wicks
TE- Mark Andrews, Conklin, Darnell Washington
K- Joesph
DT/DE- Burns, Wilkins, Highsmith, Houston
LB- Foyesade Oluokun, Zaire Franklin, Werner, Logan Wilson
CB/S- Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Talanoa Hufanga, Deshon Elliot

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Draft Help @ 1.03

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:51 am

Moneyball_85 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:46 am Hey guys,

I was able to get my hands on 1.03 to land a top tier RB (traded Freeman and 1.05 to get Engram and 1.03) and I'm stuck on who to take. My league is way different than most. It's non-PPR and you don't reach points until you hit 50, 100, and 150 yards. TDs are still 6pt, unless they catch a TD, then it's 9pt.

Anyways, I'm trying to pick between Guice and Michel. The second pick will be RoJo according to the owner... Guice has a good situation and will be 1st and 2nd down back, but Chris Thompson will be goal line back. Michel will have a ton of upside and Pats don't have a legit #1 WR anymore, so RB committee will be very involved. Penny, RoJo and Chubb will be bell cows, but I think they are on the next tier. If you were me, which RB would you take at 1.03?
What are you talking about? Chris Thompson is 185 pounds, he isn't and will never be a goal line back. In this setting get Guice and forget about it. I like Michel a lot and have him over Guice in PPR but you're logic that the Patriots is completely wrong. Their #1 guy is gronk like it has always been and now they have Edelman back, last year was the anomaly with Cooks, this year is their standard starting lineup.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue May 22, 2018 11:53 am

Not Michel. He is not a ppr back, Guice had more receptions than him last year.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:55 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:53 am Not Michel. He is not a ppr back, Guice had more receptions than him last year.
I can't tell if this is a joke :eh:

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue May 22, 2018 11:56 am

How high are you right now? Thompson is the little scat back 3rd down guy. So Guice loses some receptions to him, in your league settings that doesn't mean nearly as much. 100% Guice

Michel will be inconsistent to rack up big yardage with the committee they always use, and Gronk is the TD machine in that offense. Guice gets the carries for yard build up and will be the hammer inside the 5. No brainer
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:57 am

Between those two, I would go Michel.

Moneyball_85
Starter
Starter

Postby Moneyball_85 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:58 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:51 am

What are you talking about? Chris Thompson is 185 pounds, he isn't and will never be a goal line back. In this setting get Guice and forget about it. I like Michel a lot and have him over Guice in PPR but you're logic that the Patriots is completely wrong. Their #1 guy is gronk like it has always been and now they have Edelman back, last year was the anomaly with Cooks, this year is their standard starting lineup.
I mean't change of pace back, not 3rd down back.
16 team dynasty league, .5 PPR, Yardage (RB/WR/TE) 5pt=50, 10pt=100, QB= need 250 yards before collecting points for yds

WR- Ja'Mar Chase, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, Russell Gage, Charlie Jones, Sherfield, Wicks
K- Joesph

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Moneyball_85 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:58 am
Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:51 am

I mean't change of pace back, not 3rd down back.
Okay well with your scoring format you want the RB with the most yards and most goal line work. That will probably be Guice. I have Michel and Penny over him in PPR formats because I can see both of them catching 50+ passes but that is irrelevant in your format so go with the bruiser and goal line back

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:57 am

Between those two, I would go Michel.
Edit: I didn’t read it was non-PPR, I’d go Guice in non-PPR.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Tue May 22, 2018 12:09 pm

A lot of craziness in this thread.

Just go Guice. If he's gone, go Michel. Guice ahead of Michel.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Guice for your settings
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

cptjonesb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cptjonesb » Tue May 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Was that Devonta Freeman you traded? If so you are moving backwards in the RB department with anyone you take except Barkley, you hope that all the RB's in this draft turn into Devonta Freeman except Barkley who we hope turns in AP.

Moneyball_85
Starter
Starter

Postby Moneyball_85 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 pm

cptjonesb wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:11 pm Was that Devonta Freeman you traded? If so you are moving backwards in the RB department with anyone you take except Barkley, you hope that all the RB's in this draft turn into Devonta Freeman except Barkley who we hope turns in AP.
Concussions, leg injury, a healthy Tevin Coleman, upgraded passing attack, and getting older....tried to cash in while he still holds value. The deal also landed me Engram, so I'm pretty happy about it.

K- Joesph

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue May 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Moneyball_85 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 pm
cptjonesb wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:11 pm Was that Devonta Freeman you traded? If so you are moving backwards in the RB department with anyone you take except Barkley, you hope that all the RB's in this draft turn into Devonta Freeman except Barkley who we hope turns in AP.
Concussions, leg injury, a healthy Tevin Coleman, upgraded passing attack, and getting older....tried to cash in while he still holds value. The deal also landed me Engram, so I'm pretty happy about it.
if you got 1.03 straight up for him that would be cashing in

to answer your question i would take guice if thats who you like best. i personally would be taking penny in your format as i see him getting by far the most touches and theres a good chance he stays on the field for goal to go situations
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:55 am
The.Big.Spank wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:53 am Not Michel. He is not a ppr back, Guice had more receptions than him last year.
I can't tell if this is a joke :eh:
Look it up. Michel hardly caught or had passes thrown his way. Thats why the Kamara comp is so lame.

To the OP. Grab Penny if hes available. If hes gone grab Guice. Oh and ditch that league with its stupid scoring system.