Gesicki v. Kittle

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who would you take?

Ktttle
61%
Gesicki
39%

Total votes: 49

TrojanDynasty32
Role Player
Role Player

Gesicki v. Kittle

Postby TrojanDynasty32 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:51 am

Who would you rather have Gesicki or Kittle in a PPR?
Team 1

QB- Carr, Mac
RB- Kamara, Patterson, Swift, Ingram, Foreman, Breida
WR- M Thomas, Metcalf, Keenan, Bourne, AB, Waddle, Green, D-Jax, Landry, St. Brown
TE- Waller, Hockenson
K- Tucker
D- Miami
Start: QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, WR/RB, WR/TE, K, D

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Re: Gesicki v. Kittle

Postby BucFanJKE » Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 am

I prefer Kittle
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Richardson, Dak, Watson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, QJ, Bateman, MT, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

polk_high_allstar
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby polk_high_allstar » Tue May 22, 2018 7:31 am

Had exactly the same question about a week ago. I went with Gesicki. Think that you get what you see with Kittle but Gesicki has that athleticism that could make him very special. I was close though.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=160669
Madden Cruisers (10 Team)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLEX, K, 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB(1 IR)

QB - J. Garoppolo, J. Winston
RB - S. Barkley, J. Mixon, R. Penny, M. Sanders, D. Foreman, C. Hyde, G. Bernard
WR - A. Cooper, C. Kupp, C. Davis, C. Godwin, D. Metcalf, D. Westbrook, K. Stills, D.Parker, D. Moncrief
TE - D. Njoku
DL -J. Watt, C. Dunlap, E. Griffen
LB - L. Kuechly, B. Wagner, T. Edmunds
DB - H. Clinton-Dix, D. Kazee
K - M. Crosby

Madden Cruisers (12 Team)
QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SFLEX, FLEX, DT, DE, 2 LB, CB, S, 2 FLEX

https://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2018/ ... =0005&O=07

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue May 22, 2018 8:28 am

polk_high_allstar wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:31 am Had exactly the same question about a week ago. I went with Gesicki. Think that you get what you see with Kittle but Gesicki has that athleticism that could make him very special. I was close though.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=160669
What I saw from Kittle was pretty impressive for a rookie TE playing with a bad QB for most of the season, playing hurt for a lot of the games, and not even being the starter.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue May 22, 2018 8:44 am

I don't understand the Gesicki hype. Gimme Kittle.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

oogieboogie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oogieboogie » Tue May 22, 2018 9:03 am

If we want production now, Kittle. Maybe Gesicki has Gronkowski's rookie season and then he will be a top 7 or 5 TE, but that seems unlikely given how terrible the Dolphins project to be. Also, Gronk's 2010 season was only on ~59 targets and buoyed by 10 TDs. The top 7 TE* last year averaged 123 targets (*based on Fantasy Points from ProFootballRef). Is Gesicki going to get 100+ targets? :think:

Also, Dallas was my #1 TE in this class. Go get him if you want a long-term play at TE. Probably could flip Gesicki for Dallas+
12 teams - PPR
1QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR, 1-3TE

QB-Ryan, Tua, Fitz, Winston
RB-Zeke, Gurley, Conner, Henry, McKinnon, Drake
WR-Adams, Cooper, Woods, Parker, Pittman, M.Jones, DJax, MVS, Fitz, Foster
TE-Cook, Alie-Cox, Fells, Doyle, Okwuegbunam
Draft Picks: 2021 1,2,3,4,4

League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2019

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:12 am

I like Kittle more but its hard to guess since we haven;t seen anything from Gesicki. Kittle had one of the more impressive rookie TE seasons in a long time

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue May 22, 2018 11:31 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:44 am I don't understand the Gesicki hype. Gimme Kittle.
This, I could have done it to Goddards post but I wanted somebody else to get a bite at the apple.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue May 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Had this exact decision in my rookie/FA draft. Went with Gesicki. Here’s why:

Gesicki pretty much had a record setting combine at the TE position. You have to go all the way back to Vernon Davis to find something similar. Also Gesicki was a multisport athlete (volleyball & basketball), something of which goes very underrated imo for TEs. Both those sports focus on body control/movement while in the air (a bit more than football anyways - football has more things to practice), ntm rebounding, which is very transferrable to the TE position. Esp in the RZ. Penn didn’t exactly feature the TE, but if they did, I could very easily see him being the far and away TE1, just like he was with PFF.

While PFF graded Gesicki as the number 1 TE, they also nominated him for their top 5 offensive rookies of the year (along with Barkley, Ridley, Baker, and Darnold). He has a huge catch radius (100 percentile) and only dropped 3 of 60 balls last yr (best catch rate of all TEs) - which will be great playing with Tannehill.

Speaking of the fins, they have 50% of their teams targets available with their recent departures, and they’ve already said that Gesicki is likely to essentially be a slot WR. So a TE playing a poor mans Jarvis Landry role, that is also the best RZ option on the team...yah sign me up. I highly doubt the diminutive Stills, Amendola, Thomas, or uninterested Parker will be the peferred option in the end zone.

Kittle is also an athletic outlier, but the biggest redflag for me, was that they moved up to grab Pettis to play the slot. Also in the weeks before Jimmy G, Kittle was on the field for 77% of the teams snaps/ran a route on 73% of the teams passing plays. However, after Jimmy G started, his target share dropped to 10% and he only was on the field for 44% of snaps, and ran a route on 46% of the teams passing plays he was on the field for...red flags. Now I hope Jimmy G turns into the next Brady...but I highly doubt Kittle is the next Gronk

bills2
Captain
Captain

Postby bills2 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Went with Kittle for a lot of the reasons people mentioned. Impressive rookie season and the offense should only get better, hopefully he does with it.

Course this is kind of easy for me, I have both Kittle and Gesicki in 2/3 leagues.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Gesicki for me. I think people are way too caught up in the 49ers offense because of Jimmy G over those last 6 games. I like Kittle but just think Gesicki will put up what Kittle did and probably more, he was the top receiving TE by most, in the draft and went to a team that not only needed a TE in the worst way but has a bunch of targets available due to Landrys departure.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:19 pm Had this exact decision in my rookie/FA draft. Went with Gesicki. Here’s why:

Gesicki pretty much had a record setting combine at the TE position. You have to go all the way back to Vernon Davis to find something similar. Also Gesicki was a multisport athlete (volleyball & basketball), something of which goes very underrated imo for TEs. Both those sports focus on body control/movement while in the air (a bit more than football anyways - football has more things to practice), ntm rebounding, which is very transferrable to the TE position. Esp in the RZ. Penn didn’t exactly feature the TE, but if they did, I could very easily see him being the far and away TE1, just like he was with PFF.

While PFF graded Gesicki as the number 1 TE, they also nominated him for their top 5 offensive rookies of the year (along with Barkley, Ridley, Baker, and Darnold). He has a huge catch radius (100 percentile) and only dropped 3 of 60 balls last yr (best catch rate of all TEs) - which will be great playing with Tannehill.

Speaking of the fins, they have 50% of their teams targets available with their recent departures, and they’ve already said that Gesicki is likely to essentially be a slot WR. So a TE playing a poor mans Jarvis Landry role, that is also the best RZ option on the team...yah sign me up. I highly doubt the diminutive Stills, Amendola, Thomas, or uninterested Parker will be the peferred option in the end zone.

Kittle is also an athletic outlier, but the biggest redflag for me, was that they moved up to grab Pettis to play the slot. Also in the weeks before Jimmy G, Kittle was on the field for 77% of the teams snaps/ran a route on 73% of the teams passing plays. However, after Jimmy G started, his target share dropped to 10% and he only was on the field for 44% of snaps, and ran a route on 46% of the teams passing plays he was on the field for...red flags. Now I hope Jimmy G turns into the next Brady...but I highly doubt Kittle is the next Gronk
Not faulting anyone who takes Gesicki's upside after all he is the biggest athletic freak at TE in a decade at least, but i just want to point out that Kittle was really banged up in the 2nd half of the year. I think they both have fantastic careers but I like the 49er's offense a lot more.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:17 pm

If Kittle is slotted as my starter I’d hang on to him. Team like mine, I’d really consider swapping him out for Gesicki, seems like a maybe better lottery ticket to me.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st