Dez trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Re: Dez trade

Postby ESKAY » Thu May 24, 2018 7:36 pm

bainer3 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 pm @goddard

It’s common practice for vets to wait until the start of camp to sign with someone. There’s also the major detail that is the fact that he was released Very late into FA, which is one of the main reasons there is a lot of bad blood.

He will sign a 1 year 8 million contract by training camp, there’s obviously a market for him after turning down the ravens offer.

He would be with the jags right now, instead of Moncrief, if he got released with some sort of respect.

I’m not a huge dez fan, I just get so mad when there’s this boneheaded narrative that he’s fallen off so hard that he’s not even worth a 2nd round pick. People been reading too many buck brooks articles.
Yes it really was a Dik move by the Cowboys to wait so long to cut him. I hope other FA remember that when they are thinking of signing with Dallas. We heard for weeks they were going to talk with Dez and they dragged it out for weeks. Specifically so there would be no market for him. I think a second is good value and I would pay it in a snap accept. I don’t think he is done at 29.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 pm

bainer3 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:19 pm Lol even a blind man can see its dak, you obviously haven’t watched film on last year.

To say it wasn’t dak just because they let dez go, is false. He was an easy scape goat with his salary and age. Obviously dak and dez didn’t click on or off the field, so it’s easier to cut the aging wr with a big salary (opposed to the young starting qb with 450k salary).

Let’s put it in perspective, dez was the only pass catcher on the team that cracked 11 ypc with more than 15 catches. Dak has a 6.8 ypa, near the bottom of the league. This seems to me that dak can’t throw accurately down field.

I watched every incompletion to dez on YouTube (a video break down dedicated to it) and it’s obvious that dak is the main problem, not to say dez didn’t have some brain farts. If 1/4 of daks mistakes on those missed throws are complete, dez has 1100+ 10+ and we aren’t talking about this and he’s still on the cowboys.

It’s lazy to read some nfl articles that say dez has so “severely declined” and just take it at face value. Dez is still good, maybe not top 5 anymore, but still a 1000 yard wr with huge red zone upside.

Can’t wait to see dak fail, even Witten said that “...dez has great chemistry with a GOOD qb...”
It's what I been trying to say all year everyone just reads articles from sports writers and think Dez is washed up instead of watching the tape of Daks passes to Dez last year
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

bainer3
Captain
Captain

Postby bainer3 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:54 am

@aresgodowar

Didn’t see your first response conversing most of what I said haha you can always tell when people just read nfl articles lol those writers just create these fake narratives to spice things up lol

Fake news like saying dez was an expert at creating separation in his prime or was considered a speedster at any point in his career... the man still had higher separation numbers than guys like Mike Evans, Hopkins, and Crabtree in 2017. He also ran a 4.52 and 4.68 at his pro day, so he was hardly considered a “burner”

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:04 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 pm
bainer3 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:19 pm Lol even a blind man can see its dak, you obviously haven’t watched film on last year.

To say it wasn’t dak just because they let dez go, is false. He was an easy scape goat with his salary and age. Obviously dak and dez didn’t click on or off the field, so it’s easier to cut the aging wr with a big salary (opposed to the young starting qb with 450k salary).

Let’s put it in perspective, dez was the only pass catcher on the team that cracked 11 ypc with more than 15 catches. Dak has a 6.8 ypa, near the bottom of the league. This seems to me that dak can’t throw accurately down field.

I watched every incompletion to dez on YouTube (a video break down dedicated to it) and it’s obvious that dak is the main problem, not to say dez didn’t have some brain farts. If 1/4 of daks mistakes on those missed throws are complete, dez has 1100+ 10+ and we aren’t talking about this and he’s still on the cowboys.

It’s lazy to read some nfl articles that say dez has so “severely declined” and just take it at face value. Dez is still good, maybe not top 5 anymore, but still a 1000 yard wr with huge red zone upside.

Can’t wait to see dak fail, even Witten said that “...dez has great chemistry with a GOOD qb...”
It's what I been trying to say all year everyone just reads articles from sports writers and think Dez is washed up instead of watching the tape of Daks passes to Dez last year
My retort to that is go watch every route run be Dez, He was NEVER open....Dak isn't an accurate QB downfield and he won't succeed with a WR like Dez who needs a GOOD accurate QB whose willing to throw it up and let dez fight for it since Dez can't separate for decent CB's to save his life. I think if Dez goes out and finds a new team with an Elite QB like Brady/Rodgers/Brees he may return some value but people thinking he's a even a WR2 at this point is just hanging on to the good ole days. Guys calling Dak the worst QB in the league after 1/2 of a bad season are absurd. You don't have to be able to throw dimes 30 yards downfield to be a solid QB. His rookie year is exactly who Dak is and that is a GOOD QB. Move the chains and don't turn the ball over. half the teams in the NFL would LOVE to get a QB that could at the very least do that.

bainer3
Captain
Captain

Postby bainer3 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:21 am

Titans95 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:04 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 pm

My retort to that is go watch every route run be Dez, He was NEVER open....Dak isn't an accurate QB downfield and he won't succeed with a WR like Dez who needs a GOOD accurate QB whose willing to throw it up and let dez fight for it since Dez can't separate for decent CB's to save his life. I think if Dez goes out and finds a new team with an Elite QB like Brady/Rodgers/Brees he may return some value but people thinking he's a even a WR2 at this point is just hanging on to the good ole days. Guys calling Dak the worst QB in the league after 1/2 of a bad season are absurd. You don't have to be able to throw dimes 30 yards downfield to be a solid QB. His rookie year is exactly who Dak is and that is a GOOD QB. Move the chains and don't turn the ball over. half the teams in the NFL would LOVE to get a QB that could at the very least do that.
To be fair, dez averaged 2.4 yards of separation in 2017... that puts him in the middle of the pack. Hopkins had less separation than dez on average, and Julio had more drops...but they are arguably 2 of the top dynasty wrs (I’m a Texans fan)

I don’t think every route needs to be watched, I watched every incompletion ... which tells the whole story. Dez had a 32% target share, which is one of the most in the league. We can ignore the routes where he caught the ball and gained yards, or the routes that he didn’t get targeted. the only other routes that need to be watched were the incompletions.

Dak was clearly the main issue when it came to the incompletions, he missed dez on wide open slants on 5-6 occasions ... I mean WIDE open. He led dez out of being open ALOT.

Film doesn’t lie man, and if dak hits him on some of those slants and a couple other terrible throws... he has 1000 and 10. He’s always been a terrible route runner, but his yards of separation in 2017 was an indication that he WAS open a decent amount. It’s just a fact man.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri May 25, 2018 10:46 am

Things I learned in this thread:

1) Apparently I read sport writers. I was unaware of this. I am also incapable of formulating my own opinions and regurgitate what they write.
2) You should get all of your information on a subject from YouTube. Don't bother to watch the games every week or care about every play. You should ONLY focus on the plays that are required to make your point.
3) 100% of the problems with Dez's decline (am I allowed to use that word in here?) are Dak Prescott who is among the worst QBs in the NFL.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bainer3
Captain
Captain

Postby bainer3 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:36 pm

skip wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:46 am Things I learned in this thread:

1) Apparently I read sport writers. I was unaware of this. I am also incapable of formulating my own opinions and regurgitate what they write.
2) You should get all of your information on a subject from YouTube. Don't bother to watch the games every week or care about every play. You should ONLY focus on the plays that are required to make your point.
3) 100% of the problems with Dez's decline (am I allowed to use that word in here?) are Dak Prescott who is among the worst QBs in the NFL.
Haha so the failed plays (incompletions and interceptions) aren’t the most important thing to look at? His catching percentage was something like 53%, which is low. I’m not sure why we would look at the completions, when ya know, he caught the ball. We could look at non targeted plays, but he already gets a 30% target share... maybe he should have been open every play? He gets 2.4 yards of separation in average, which is around league average... so separation isn’t the issue, because that’s never been a strong point .

You could also show me some statistics that back up your claim that he has severely declined, to what some people say not really worth a 2nd rounder. Maybe I can see it from your point of view.

We can only wait and see how dak does, because the nfl media is already calling that wr crew the worst in the league (I think the bills, Ravens,Dolphins, and redskins would have something to say about that) But for now, Sarcasm works too.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri May 25, 2018 9:25 pm

bainer3 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:36 pm Haha so the failed plays (incompletions and interceptions) aren’t the most important thing to look at? His catching percentage was something like 53%, which is low. I’m not sure why we would look at the completions, when ya know, he caught the ball.
The burden of proof statistically doesn't fall on me. You have pulled this out of context saying the only thing that matters is incompletions (and I assume who to blame... So who gets credit for the completions? Seems to me if you're blaming all the incompletions on Dak then logically it follows all the completions are credited to Dak? Where here do we place blame or credit on Dez?). You would need to put your subset of data up against a similar subset with other WRs for it to have any relevance.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

The Showstopper
Role Player
Role Player

Postby The Showstopper » Sat May 26, 2018 3:24 am

To be fair, Dez was always one of those guys who was open, even when he wasn’t...Thats why He was so much better with Romo..Tony trusted him enough to go get the 50-50 balls...And for the most part he did...And then drug a few defenders 5-10 more yards, often into the end zone...

bainer3
Captain
Captain

Postby bainer3 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:03 am

skip wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:25 pm
bainer3 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:36 pm Haha so the failed plays (incompletions and interceptions) aren’t the most important thing to look at? His catching percentage was something like 53%, which is low. I’m not sure why we would look at the completions, when ya know, he caught the ball.
The burden of proof statistically doesn't fall on me. You have pulled this out of context saying the only thing that matters is incompletions (and I assume who to blame... So who gets credit for the completions? Seems to me if you're blaming all the incompletions on Dak then logically it follows all the completions are credited to Dak? Where here do we place blame or credit on Dez?). You would need to put your subset of data up against a similar subset with other WRs for it to have any relevance.
Incompletions can be blamed on either wr or qb, and in my opinion, based on the film ; it’s mostly on dak.

Now I understand if you don’t want to take my opinion, fair enough. But I’ve listed stats that back up my argument.

I compared Avererage yards of separation to 2 of the top dynasty assets (nuk and Evans) and dez graded out better in seperation. But since that wasn’t enough, here’s a list in comparison.
Ab- 2.6
Dez-2.4
Green- 2.4
Julio-2.4
Crabtree- 2.2
Nuk- 2.1
Evans- 2.1
Jeffrey- 1.8

Here’s how some of the other cowboys wrs grade out.

Witten - 2.3
Beasly- 2.4
Williams - 3.3

If you bring up drops, dez (6) technically had less drops than julio (7). Most wrs that have over 100 targets have around 4-7 drop (see: fox sports)

Sure, it wasn’t dez’s greatest season, but his seperation average clearly states he gets open just as much as other top wrs. There were bias stats that claimed dak was the best tight window throwers, but he only threw 96 balls into tight coverage... which tells me he doesn’t trust his wrs in tight coverage... but when he does, his wrs should be just as celebrated for catching said balls.

I proved that dez gets seperation, If you don’t want to blame dak... blame the coaching. Never claimed dez was still elite, but the stats and film prove he is far better than this fake narrative that he’s a washed out red zone target now.

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:23 pm

It doesn’t surprise me that Dak is made to be the scapegoat in this forum. Zeke was a horrific distraction all of last year and no one blames him for anything, it’s funny. Not to mention the multiple Jerry Jones media fires. Dak was thrown into the fire and was tested, he’s a second year qb not Tom Brady. Unfortunately dez made his money on being physical, I watched him get bullied by most corners last year. He also unfortunately lost 8 steps after his multitude of devastating lower body injuries. The worst games I watched dak play were the ones in which dez whined for the ball, and Dak tried to force feed him. Dez is not the same player, but still acts like he is, and thinks teams should put up with his antics for a mediocre Wr. I would sell dez for a second but wouldn’t buy for more than a third. Half these posts seem like dez made multiple accounts to make excuses for himself, clearly he has the time do so considering no one wants to sign him.

#unbothered
#unsigned
#unwanted
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:48 pm

Titans95 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 pm Dez=Turd Sandwich
Nah, he's just not what he used to be. Better than plenty of starting WR's out there. Dak is the turd sandwich. Dez needs to be a number 2 at this stage, not a number 1. He will be able to bully plenty of number 2 corners out there, he just needs to be real about it, and that's the issue. He still thinks he's a top WR in the game.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:48 pm
Titans95 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 pm Dez=Turd Sandwich
Nah, he's just not what he used to be. Better than plenty of starting WR's out there. Dak is the turd sandwich. Dez needs to be a number 2 at this stage, not a number 1. He will be able to bully plenty of number 2 corners out there, he just needs to be real about it, and that's the issue. He still thinks he's a top WR in the game.
Dak will be a QB1 and Dez MIGHT be a WR3 if he's lucky. Watch and see.