Josh Doctson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Josh Doctson

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 pm

where does Doctson rank amongst this years rookie wr i was thinking of offering him for james washington or michael gallup not sure what hes worth any more. am i better off just holding him? 12 team PPR
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Re: Josh Doctson

Postby ESKAY » Sun May 20, 2018 6:58 pm

I don’t have Doctson in my couple leagues so I would like to acquire him. And I think he is worth a early second which is right where Washington is being drafted. So I think that is fair. Just a matter of who you like more.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 pm

I would put Doctson on an equal footing with this years top WRs. At this point they are all just unproven potential.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun May 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 pm I would put Doctson on an equal footing with this years top WRs. At this point they are all just unproven potential.
I agree he is probably the 1A to Crowders 1A this year in Washington and Smith is a decent enough QB for Doctson to have a good year.. He was a early 1st round pick in most drafts when he came out of college so I think his talent is as good if not better than anyone in this draft other than Barkley
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 20, 2018 7:40 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:16 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 pm I would put Doctson on an equal footing with this years top WRs. At this point they are all just unproven potential.
I agree he is probably the 1A to Crowders 1A this year in Washington and Smith is a decent enough QB for Doctson to have a good year.. He was a early 1st round pick in most drafts when he came out of college so I think his talent is as good if not better than anyone in this draft other than Barkley
right i totally remember i just am not sure if his value still holds and im sure most are looking for the next juju/mike thomas/odell/evans type that is going to suprise everyone and produce year one

TM1
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus

TM2
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 20, 2018 7:51 pm

so you would rather have Doctson over moore, sutton, ridley, kirk?

TM1

TM2

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sun May 20, 2018 8:41 pm

I’d put Moore, Ridley, Sutton, Miller, Kirk, Washington, Pettis, and Gallup all ahead of him. I’d also rather take a chance on Callaway and Smith over him as well.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm

HughHoney wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:41 pm I’d put Moore, Ridley, Sutton, Miller, Kirk, Washington, Pettis, and Gallup all ahead of him. I’d also rather take a chance on Callaway and Smith over him as well.
Wow why so low on Doctson , he has more talent than any of them and going into year 3 breakout as probably the #1 in Washington while none of them WRs are even close to being the #1 on their teams ?
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 20, 2018 8:52 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm
HughHoney wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:41 pm I’d put Moore, Ridley, Sutton, Miller, Kirk, Washington, Pettis, and Gallup all ahead of him. I’d also rather take a chance on Callaway and Smith over him as well.
Wow why so low on Doctson , he has more talent than any of them and going into year 3 breakout as probably the #1 in Washington while none of them WRs are even close to being the #1 on their teams ?
I feel like im in the middle of both of your opinions. not sure i wouldnt rather take a shot on a new guy to see if they can immediately look the part ( i know its not likely but still) not saying we have seen doctsons true abilities yet but i kinda thinkg i would rather take a shot on one of the new guys but i would not agree with the callaway trequan take i would probably take those first recievers over doctson if possible.

TM1

TM2

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm
I think we just disagree on Doctson’s talent level. It was a weak WR class when he came out and he’s been pretty unimpressive so far. I don’t see the QB change in Washington helping him either.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 20, 2018 9:39 pm

playa_hata wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:51 pm
so you would rather have Doctson over moore, sutton, ridley, kirk?
I'd do Ridley over Doctson then Sutton and Kirk. Ridley has a limited ceiling but is the surest prospect of the bunch. I think Doctson has as good as chance as the rest of the rookies and has a decent ceiling to boot. I like Sutton's potential, but it will take a few years to see it. And there is every chance he could bust. Kirk should do well, but like Ridley, I can't see him more than a WR2.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Except DJ is 21 vs Doctson being what, 25? Also, I think you need to knock a guy down a peg or two, like Parker when they're played a few years in the league and they are still being referred to as "unproven potential". In college, Doctson wasn't a polished route runner, but more of a down the field go up and get it guy. Not a guy I'm investing in with Alex Smith at QB. If he was traded to Carolina, sure. Smith is one of the worst QB's I could think of for Doctson's skill set.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 pm
Except DJ is 21 vs Doctson being what, 25? Also, I think you need to knock a guy down a peg or two, like Parker when they're played a few years in the league and they are still being referred to as "unproven potential". In college, Doctson wasn't a polished route runner, but more of a down the field go up and get it guy. Not a guy I'm investing in with Alex Smith at QB. If he was traded to Carolina, sure. Smith is one of the worst QB's I could think of for Doctson's skill set.
idk Tyreek Hill looking pretty good with Smith last year chucking it up to him
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 pm
sorry but who is DJ ?

TM1

TM2

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun May 20, 2018 10:24 pm

HughHoney wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm I don’t see the QB change in Washington helping him either.
Not sure I agree here. Cousins gets a lot of love but he spreads the ball around a lot and doesn't make for a good QB to produce any one single WR of value. Doctson is easily the best receiving option on Washington other than maybe Reed who struggles with health issues. I suspect this will be Doctson's breakout season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.