Josh Doctson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Josh Doctson

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 20, 2018 10:30 pm

skip wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:24 pm
HughHoney wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm I don’t see the QB change in Washington helping him either.
Not sure I agree here. Cousins gets a lot of love but he spreads the ball around a lot and doesn't make for a good QB to produce any one single WR of value. Doctson is easily the best receiving option on Washington other than maybe Reed who struggles with health issues. I suspect this will be Doctson's breakout season.
Crowder is really nice tho i own both on separate teams and i think i like crowder a bit more and am more confident in starting crowder.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 20, 2018 11:00 pm

HughHoney wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm
AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm
HughHoney wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:41 pm I’d put Moore, Ridley, Sutton, Miller, Kirk, Washington, Pettis, and Gallup all ahead of him. I’d also rather take a chance on Callaway and Smith over him as well.
Wow why so low on Doctson , he has more talent than any of them and going into year 3 breakout as probably the #1 in Washington while none of them WRs are even close to being the #1 on their teams ?
I think we just disagree on Doctson’s talent level. It was a weak WR class when he came out and he’s been pretty unimpressive so far. I don’t see the QB change in Washington helping him either.
It was a lame class in 2016, but it's better than this years class. If I had to rank them together I'd say:

1) Michael Thomas
2) Calvin Ridley
3) Josh Doctson
4) Sterling Shepard
5) James Washington
6) Corey Coleman
7) Courtland Sutton
8) Anthony Miller
9) Christian Kirk
10) DJ Moore
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 20, 2018 11:24 pm

playa_hata wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 pm I would put Doctson on an equal footing with this years top WRs. At this point they are all just unproven potential.
Except DJ is 21 vs Doctson being what, 25? Also, I think you need to knock a guy down a peg or two, like Parker when they're played a few years in the league and they are still being referred to as "unproven potential". In college, Doctson wasn't a polished route runner, but more of a down the field go up and get it guy. Not a guy I'm investing in with Alex Smith at QB. If he was traded to Carolina, sure. Smith is one of the worst QB's I could think of for Doctson's skill set.
sorry but who is DJ ?
oh duh DJ Moore. brain fart.

TM1
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus

TM2
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Mon May 21, 2018 5:35 am

Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:00 pm
HughHoney wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm
AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Wow why so low on Doctson , he has more talent than any of them and going into year 3 breakout as probably the #1 in Washington while none of them WRs are even close to being the #1 on their teams ?
I think we just disagree on Doctson’s talent level. It was a weak WR class when he came out and he’s been pretty unimpressive so far. I don’t see the QB change in Washington helping him either.
It was a lame class in 2016, but it's better than this years class. If I had to rank them together I'd say:

1) Michael Thomas
2) Calvin Ridley
3) Josh Doctson
4) Sterling Shepard
5) James Washington
6) Corey Coleman
7) Courtland Sutton
8) Anthony Miller
9) Christian Kirk
10) DJ Moore
You’re a lot higher on Doctson, Coleman, and Shepard than I am. I expect Doctson to have a better year based on sheer volume but I’m not expecting a breakout that makes him more than a WR3 or flex starter. So far Doctson and Coleman haven’t even caught even 45% of their targets.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 pm I would put Doctson on an equal footing with this years top WRs. At this point they are all just unproven potential.
Except DJ is 21 vs Doctson being what, 25? Also, I think you need to knock a guy down a peg or two, like Parker when they're played a few years in the league and they are still being referred to as "unproven potential". In college, Doctson wasn't a polished route runner, but more of a down the field go up and get it guy. Not a guy I'm investing in with Alex Smith at QB. If he was traded to Carolina, sure. Smith is one of the worst QB's I could think of for Doctson's skill set.
idk Tyreek Hill looking pretty good with Smith last year chucking it up to him
That's what I'm saying. Doctson is a go up and get it guy. Paul Richardson is the separator over the top guy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue May 22, 2018 8:52 am

skip wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:24 pm
HughHoney wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm I don’t see the QB change in Washington helping him either.
Not sure I agree here. Cousins gets a lot of love but he spreads the ball around a lot and doesn't make for a good QB to produce any one single WR of value. Doctson is easily the best receiving option on Washington other than maybe Reed who struggles with health issues. I suspect this will be Doctson's breakout season.
I think cousins is not one to favor one particular receiver but then again has he really had a dominant wr to work with yet?

TM1

TM2