What do you think of this team? (Dynasty startup almost complete)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

What do you think of this team? (Dynasty startup almost complete)

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Hey everyone,

Figured I would post my team below, which is a Superflex, TE premium league. I picked 12, but for the sake of time will just list out my roster. There is still about 6 rds remaining but the players at this point are all flyers as it is a 30 man roster. It is a pretty young team but I think I made out well for the most part:

TE 1.5 PPR
QB TD 6 pts

QB
CARR
STAFFORD
DARNOLD
LAULETTA
ETLING

RB
BELL
FOREMAN
KERRYON JOHNSON
MONTGOMERY
J. WILLIAMS

WR
COREY DAVIS
MIKE EVANS
JARVIS LANDRY
CHRISTIAN KIRK
CALVIN RIDLEY
JOHN ROSS
DAESEAN HAMILTON
J'MON MOORE
CHAD HANSEN

TE
MARK ANDREWS
CHARLES CLAY
DALLAS GOEDERT
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: What do you think of this team? (Dynasty startup almost complete)

Postby vixen » Sun May 20, 2018 4:15 pm

not a fan of your TEs in a TE premium league...you have to hope that Goedert immediately becomes Burton
WRs are obviously good/great
not a fan of your RBs behind Bell
Carr and Stafford are sufficient QBs ..would have liked to see a better QB4 though
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

gators0923
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gators0923 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:44 pm

Without knowing the rest of the league I'd say about a mid range team, good enough to sneak into the playoffs but won't compete for some time. Mainly I'd pray Dallas pans out and that you can trade/draft some RBs in the future
Team- 16 PPR QB 2RB 2WR TE Flex D K
QB- Daniel Jones, Sam Ehlinger, Carson Wentz
RB- Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Austin Ekeler, James Robinson, Pierre Stong
WR- Jakobi Meyers, Jaylen Waddle, Chase Claypool, Darnell Mooney, Nico Collins, Van Jefferson, Jalen Tolbert, KJ Osborn
TE- Dalton Shultz, Cole Kmet, Brevin Jordan
D- Cowboys
K- Jason Myers

Team 2 10 IDP PPR QB 2RB RB/WR 2WR WR/TE TE DT DE DL LB 2CB S DB DP D K
QB- Jalen Hurts, Mac Jones, Taylor Hienicke
RB- Rhamondre Stevenson, Alvin Kamara Fournette, Antonio Gibson, Singletary, Darrell Henderson
WR- Deebo Samuel, Terry Mclaurin, Michael Pittman, Darnell Mooney, Chase Claypool, Diontae Johnson, Jakobi Meyers, Skyy Moore, Elijah Moore
TE- Hockenson, Everett
DT- Buckner
DE- Burns, Judon
LB- Brooks, Hicks
CB- Taron Johnson. Okudah
S- Richie Grant, Jevon Holland
D- Cowboys
K- McPherson

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun May 20, 2018 6:57 pm

This is an incredibly young team with a ton of potential but likely won’t be playoff competitive for some time.

Your starting QBs are solid for a 12 team superflex. Carr will hopefully have a bounce back season and Stafford is easily a top 10 QB here. Darnold could potentially be the starting QB in NY as soon as this year, but it’s hard to rely on him as a bye week/injury fill-in. Lauletta and Etling are shots in the dark and likely won’t give you much return for a few years.

Your RBs are Bell and...I’m not sure. I assume you only have to start one RB as only Bell is bolded. He is as good as they come, but his situation after this year is murky, and he is no spring chicken. Foreman is a solid RB coming off a pretty serious injury, and who might not ever be the same. Johnson is another question mark in that offense. And who knows what the hell is going on in that GB backfield. All these guys are big question marks and it would be hard to predict which to start (other than Bell) any given week.

Your WRs have a bunch of unfulfilled potential with name value. These three could easily be top ten WRs in ppr. Or they could be boom or bust. Evans is the best in that group but had a letdown season last year. Hopefully he can return to form. Davis needs that whole Tennessee offense to be more productive if he wants to put up numbers. Landry is a ppr monster but goes to a team with a lot of weapons on offense (did I just say that?). I don’t expect him to put up 100+ catches this year, but he should still be top 15-20 in my opinion. The rest are just rookies and 2nd year players who haven’t proven a damn thing. Not the worst thing to have these type of prospects on your team, but you probably should have thrown in a few cheap vets who will produce for you on bye weeks or as injury fill-ins. Any of your bench WRs could put up a goose egg just as easily as actual points.

Your TEs are mediocre with some future upside. Clay will probably be a serviceable TE for you some weeks, but the other two will be short term crapshoots.

I like that you went young, but I think you went too young too often. My advice would be to start stockpiling 2019/2020/2021 picks and plan to start being competitive in a couple of years when these young guys (hopefully) hit their stride.

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun May 20, 2018 7:24 pm

I think this is a pretty competitive team in a start up not sure how much better the other teams could be unless others were just making bad draft selections
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:13 pm

I’d say around mid range because of lack of depth behind Lev Bell and your TEs are just so young. Overall though, it’s a young team that could be really good in the near future if guys like Corey Davis, Ridley, Kirk, etc pan out.
Last edited by Cowboysfan33 on Mon May 21, 2018 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun May 20, 2018 10:19 pm

I like your starters at QB and RB (only Bell) and your WRs if Davis works out. Past that, yikes... I won't ever draft a QB from the Jets. The RBs after Bell are not good. Your backup WRs are high risk but I don't mind too much. I don't like your TEs at all given the format. You have no one I'd feel comfortable starting maybe ever.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:27 pm

I am guessing these were not the responses the OP was planning on getting. I think the best way to sum up your draft is high risk high reward. If a couple pan out you look like a genius. If they all bust it will be a long rebuild. Best of luck too you.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 am

vixen wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:15 pm not a fan of your TEs in a TE premium league...you have to hope that Goedert immediately becomes Burton
Carr and Stafford are sufficient QBs ..would have liked to see a better QB4 though
Burton had minimal value so immediately becoming burton still wont be too helpful lol
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:59 am

vixen wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:15 pm not a fan of your TEs in a TE premium league...you have to hope that Goedert immediately becomes Burton
I'm extremely confident Goedert immediately becomes burton.....the problem is who wants to start Burton unless Ertz is hurt? No one. Goedert is a stud of a TE but he's practically worthless for the next 4 years.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue May 22, 2018 11:39 am

tom14cat14 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:27 pm I am guessing these were not the responses the OP was planning on getting. I think the best way to sum up your draft is high risk high reward. If a couple pan out you look like a genius. If they all bust it will be a long rebuild. Best of luck too you.
I’m not taken back by any of the comments etc, no surprises, basically just confirms my suspecions.

Based on the other teams in the league I think I’ll have no issues making the playoffs but anything past that is a toss up. RB depth is a major issue, but I seem to be higher on my WR core than most on this thread. TE is weak, just all potential.

I drafted young too early, I think is my mistake. My prior dynasty start up draft was much more conservative with youth.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)