Rebuilding Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Rebuilding Advice

Postby keebs3 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:45 pm

I would continue to shop players to competitors that don't mind giving up future picks to win now. Wait until just before the season and sell guys like Henry and Baldwin.

Then, just let your team ride this year- You have to sacrifice the season, but you want that draft capital. Focus on picking up guys that are showing potential but not yet ready to breakout. Guys like Funchess and Godwin early last year. This also increases your chance of landing a top pick in 2019- maybe even the 1.01.

Next summer, when teams are focused on the draft- turn those picks back into players. Offer picks for guys better than you originally sold to owners who just want to make picks. If you find the right owner you can flip your team pretty quick. I sold Ingram, T. Coleman last summer for 1st round picks, my season tanked to the 1.01, then I recently made deals like the 1.06 and Njoku for Diggs, and 1.05, Shepard, and a 2nd for Keenan Allen (to a guy who didn't have any picks in the first 3 rounds). I hit on Kamara last year then sold him high just last week to the Nuk owner for him and OJ Howard. You have to find the right owner for the right deal- it takes being the most active owner in the league- I shopped nearly everyone to every different owner until I found the right combo for what I wanted.

I'm not saying you can turn picks into studs right away, or even that my team is now all of a sudden a powerhouse, but people will value the picks more pre draft next year and you should be able to improve. Sell players before the season for picks, focus on future talent on waivers, sell the picks back out for better/younger players next year.

That's how I turned it around in a little over a year, anyway. Take it for what its worth. I'm now adding Barkley to team 1 and feel I can compete. A little over a year ago I had little more than Ingram and a bunch of rookies on my team.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:40 am

Ravenous wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:47 pm henry is probably somewhere around 1.02-1.05ish this year...but rebuilding, you would probably see if you can get a multiple firsts back...i like the idea of trying to move baldwin mid season.

another option to consider is seeing if you can find an unproven rookie/2nd year QB like Trubisky, Mahomes that you still like, and trying to move stafford and pick up something else of value (like a first, multiple 2nds, another player you like)
Took your advice and sold Stafford for Darnold + 19 1st and 19 3rd. Wanted Trubisky but the owner had no 19 picks and I love Mahomes but owner wouldnt give him up
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Thu May 24, 2018 7:29 pm

hope it works out!
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.