Jay ajayi...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jay ajayi...

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 20, 2018 1:07 am

CharlieKelly wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:46 am BELIEVE ME, Ray Didinger is not some talking head. I completely understand where you're coming from. I would think the same thing. I prefaced that link and who he is because of sports media being a joke these days. Didinger has a ton of clout in Philadelphia and in the NFL. His opinion comes from inside sources within the locker room.
My point is that it's not some breaking story. It's got no bearing on how he'll be deployed there. It's filler. He's still uber talented with a really good history of production and should get 15+ touches per game.

Are you confident that guys like Chubb, Michel, RJ, Royce or Kerryon can give you similar production? Because i'm not.

Especially if i'm in win now mode i'm not moving him for a 2nd round WR like Pettis or Washington.
Is he though? Really? What's your foundation for that? He had a couple of really big games in the NFL, no doubt. He had over 200 carries last year with 1 rushing TD. He's had 10 in 3 years. Usually "uber talented RB's do more than he's done in 3 years". To me he's an above average RB, but nothing special, and with his knee condition I'd be selling with the idea that he's going to be "the guy" in Philly this year. I think Nick Chubb would walk into a locker room with Jay Ajayi and eat his lunch. The others maybe not so much, but Nick Chubb is a far superior RB and it's not close IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:07 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:46 am BELIEVE ME, Ray Didinger is not some talking head. I completely understand where you're coming from. I would think the same thing. I prefaced that link and who he is because of sports media being a joke these days. Didinger has a ton of clout in Philadelphia and in the NFL. His opinion comes from inside sources within the locker room.
My point is that it's not some breaking story. It's got no bearing on how he'll be deployed there. It's filler. He's still uber talented with a really good history of production and should get 15+ touches per game.

Are you confident that guys like Chubb, Michel, RJ, Royce or Kerryon can give you similar production? Because i'm not.

Especially if i'm in win now mode i'm not moving him for a 2nd round WR like Pettis or Washington.
Is he though? Really? What's your foundation for that.
Ajayi is extremely talented. Yes. Just watch pretty much any play from last year when he wasn't getting met 3 yards behind the LOS, and the dude was a magic man. Incredible combo of size, force, agility, and burst. Dude is a baller. He just may have very real issues with emotional and social intelligence
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 20, 2018 1:16 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:13 am
CharlieKelly wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 am My point is that it's not some breaking story. It's got no bearing on how he'll be deployed there. It's filler. He's still uber talented with a really good history of production and should get 15+ touches per game.

Is he though? Really? What's your foundation for that.
Ajayi is extremely talented. Yes. Just watch pretty much any play from last year when he wasn't getting met 3 yards behind the LOS, and the dude was a magic man. Incredible combo of size, force, agility, and burst. Dude is a baller. He just may have very real issues with emotional and social intelligence
I saw the same things with him at Boise, though. IDK if it had to do with getting into the sport late or what, but he just didn't show football intelligence consistently. He's like a wild horse, extreme athleticism on some plays but seems to lack a natural "intuition" for the game.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 am

Is he though? Really? What's your foundation for that? He had a couple of really big games in the NFL, no doubt. He had over 200 carries last year with 1 rushing TD. He's had 10 in 3 years. Usually "uber talented RB's do more than he's done in 3 years". To me he's an above average RB, but nothing special, and with his knee condition I'd be selling with the idea that he's going to be "the guy" in Philly this year. I think Nick Chubb would walk into a locker room with Jay Ajayi and eat his lunch. The others maybe not so much, but Nick Chubb is a far superior RB and it's not close IMO.
TDs are super volatile and terrible predictor of future value. Also Ajayi basically redshirted in year 1, so your whole post is pretty misleading.

Above average RBs don't have 3 200 yard rushing games in a single season with Ryan Tannehill at QB. If you watch him play he's an elite talent, and we've seen what he can do when given a full workload.

I don't think Chubb will ever see a workload like that, especially while Duke is hanging around. He's a two down pounder. Also he plays for the Browns.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 am

"TDs are super volatile and terrible predictor of future value. Also Ajayi basically redshirted in year 1, so your whole post is pretty misleading.

Above average RBs don't have 3 200 yard rushing games in a single season with Ryan Tannehill at QB. If you watch him play he's an elite talent, and we've seen what he can do when given a full workload.

I don't think Chubb will ever see a workload like that, especially while Duke is hanging around. He's a two down pounder. Also he plays for the Browns."

We've also seen what he can do in a lockerroom and that does have an effect on his opportunity. Got left home to start the season in Miami for pouting about Arian getting the starting assignment ahead of him. Pouted in Philly ... and I LOVED his skillset coming out of Boise (except he may have been the worst blocking rb I've ever seen ) but has an ego like AP that thinks of himself ahead of the team. Don't see him getting an extension in Philly. Got into an altercation recently (post Super Bowl) after trashing a rental home (Mansion) a la Johnny Football . Too many good young RB's around to put up with his nonsense off the field. That being said he should get the bulk of carries for the Eagles this year. Question is if they game plan to go with an aerial attack and he only gets 5 carries is he going to be a disruption again? Easily could see Howie Roseman moving him out for whatever if they don't plan on offering an extension long term. So there is more than your standard risk in sticking with Ajayi over a Chubb or Freeman , etc...

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Sun May 20, 2018 8:23 am

cazzie33 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 am "TDs are super volatile and terrible predictor of future value. Also Ajayi basically redshirted in year 1, so your whole post is pretty misleading.

I don't think Chubb will ever see a workload like that, especially while Duke is hanging around. He's a two down pounder. Also he plays for the Browns."

We've also seen what he can do in a lockerroom and that does have an effect on his opportunity. Got left home to start the season in Miami for pouting about Arian getting the starting assignment ahead of him. Pouted in Philly ... and I LOVED his skillset coming out of Boise (except he may have been the worst blocking rb I've ever seen ) but has an ego like AP that thinks of himself ahead of the team. Don't see him getting an extension in Philly. Got into an altercation recently (post Super Bowl) after trashing a rental home (Mansion) a la Johnny Football . Too many good young RB's around to put up with his nonsense off the field. That being said he should get the bulk of carries for the Eagles this year. Question is if they game plan to go with an aerial attack and he only gets 5 carries is he going to be a disruption again? Easily could see Howie Roseman moving him out for whatever if they don't plan on offering an extension long term. So there is more than your standard risk in sticking with Ajayi over a Chubb or Freeman , etc...
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get an extension either, but that could be a good thing for fantasy owners. If they don't plan on bringing him back, then there's no reason to try and keep him fresh, so there's a chance they just ride him through the season. Then after that he gets to choose where he plays. That sounds better than signing a long term deal on an offense that usually likes to spread it around.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun May 20, 2018 8:42 am

Regardless of how you feel about his talent, he's a 24 year old that's the heavy favorite to be at least the head of a committee on one of the best offenses in the NFL. I don't really care if his name was Jaggy McJagFace, there is value in that at the price of a late 1st round pick.

If we could guarantee who was going to lead the Patriots or Saints in touches every year we'd all be buying that guy up. Even if you think he's a 1 year guy, that's all people think Mccoy has left and he's still getting back a late 1st. And even if they don't retain him he will still have good value if he puts up points this year in Philly, which in Philly it will be hard not to if he stays healthy.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun May 20, 2018 9:04 am

Didn't Gurley go like 20 games without a 100 yard game because his team sucked now he is the #1 player in football ?

I'm not comparing Gurley to Ajayi I'm just saying %50 of a RB is his team , Ajayi's team blew since he came into the league and now he is on the #1 team in football with a awesome OL and he showed last year what he can do with a 5.8ypc on a awesome team.

If he stays healthy he will avg 4.8-5.2 ypc , over 1200 yards and get his 10+ TDs in that offence.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am

Not a fan....the game when he rushed for 130 yards in miami last year and ended with 13.3 fantasy points is exactly why I have zero interest in a RB that doesn't catch footballs in a ppr league.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun May 20, 2018 9:20 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am Not a fan....the game when he rushed for 130 yards in miami last year and ended with 13.3 fantasy points is exactly why I have zero interest in a RB that doesn't catch footballs in a ppr league.
His lack of usage as a receiver in the NFL is interesting, given how much he was used as one in college. He had 50 receptions in his last year at Boise State, which is more than CMC or Reggie Bush or Alvin Kamara or LT2 or Steven Jackson or just about anyone ever had in a season in college.

On a great offense, I think the hope is that the TDs will make up for that to some extent. And outside of that, he's really only getting a few less receptions per season than guys like Fournette or Zeke, whom I don't think anyone is avoiding in PPR.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:26 am

Vcize wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:20 am
Titans95 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am Not a fan....the game when he rushed for 130 yards in miami last year and ended with 13.3 fantasy points is exactly why I have zero interest in a RB that doesn't catch footballs in a ppr league.
His lack of usage as a receiver in the NFL is interesting, given how much he was used as one in college. He had 50 receptions in his last year at Boise State, which is more than CMC or Reggie Bush or Alvin Kamara or LT2 or Steven Jackson or just about anyone ever had in a season in college.

On a great offense, I think the hope is that the TDs will make up for that to some extent. And outside of that, he's really only getting a few less receptions per season than guys like Fournette or Zeke, whom I don't think anyone is avoiding in PPR.
True. Obviously Zeke and Fournette are in a different category though. And not questioning his ability as a receiver just the fact the they won't use him as one. As far as touchdowns go I'd prefer not to bank on any RB getting 10+ touchdowns. I don't think the eagles RB position got 10 touchdowns last year. Not saying I'd trade him away for the 1.12 but There is at least 4-5 rookie running backs I'd rather gamble on over him so I'd probably be willing to trade a mid 1st like 1.06-1.08 for him.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun May 20, 2018 9:29 am

He did catch 24 passes in 13 games as kind of a backup last year that's not bad he can get to 40ish
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:29 am He did catch 24 passes in 13 games as kind of a backup last year that's not bad he can get to 40ish
I understand there should be some optimism for him this year but I think you are going to be sorely dissapointed the way you are hyping him up. He's got a shot to be a backend RB1 but he isn't getting 40+ receptions 1,200 rushing and 10+ TD.....it just isnt going to happen

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun May 20, 2018 9:36 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:29 am He did catch 24 passes in 13 games as kind of a backup last year that's not bad he can get to 40ish
I understand there should be some optimism for him this year but I think you are going to be sorely dissapointed the way you are hyping him up. He's got a shot to be a backend RB1 but he isn't getting 40+ receptions 1,200 rushing and 10+ TD.....it just isnt going to happen
I think the only way he dont hit them yards and TD numbers is if he gets hurt , I think he does get 30-40 catches to , I just don't see any other RB on the team really taking carries away from him other than when he needs rests , Clement or Sproles will play most 3rd downs but tbh Sproles is about done and Clement is a JAG
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:39 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:36 am
Titans95 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 am
I think the only way he dont hit them yards and TD numbers is if he gets hurt , I think he does get 30-40 catches to , I just don't see any other RB on the team really taking carries away from him other than when he needs rests , Clement or Sproles will play most 3rd downs but tbh Sproles is about done and Clement is a JAG
clement looked anything but a JAG in the playoffs. I get the enthusiasm for Ajayi's outlook but I'm just saying do not expect a top 5 rb finish. and don't expect many people to value him any higher than 15-20 rb asset in dynasty. If you like him and value him that high go get him or keep him but you're crazy if you think other people will give you that value.