Big trade offer. Do it or no?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Big trade offer. Do it or no?

Postby Vcize » Fri May 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Piling on. Bell/Keenan side by a lot.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Big trade offer. Do it or no?

Postby cvbuc » Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 pm

I'M GOING TO BE BLUNT.

Some people are flat out ignorant when it comes to Bell.

He just turned 26 and REGARDLESS if you can get a RB a few years younger, Bell is achieving historical numbers over a several season stretch. To think one of these young backs will do the same is ludicrous and short sighted and reeks of the typical rookie fever that keeps certain teams in that perpetual state of "waiting" for their players to become HOFers that - almost all the time - never comes.

For YEARS i've read and listened to people WARY of Bell's injury status and holdout status. It's been years since that was a real factor. I've watched dozens of younger RBs (like Cook) go down with injury in that timespan.

How can you be wary of Bell but not of Cook who is coming off the ACL injury?

Bell has four full seasons left before he turns 30 and a patient running style that reduces the impact and punishment he takes. To be worried about Bell but not the three players in the above deal that are literally coming off major injuries and the other player who in some weeks looked like he might not record a single catch and has a big injury history of his own just doesn't make sense to me.

Rant over. Stop the abuse of Bell.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins