Josh Gordon

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Snake » Fri May 18, 2018 5:54 pm

There’s a chance that Gordon just goes nuts this season and wins you the league. Ajayi and Drake just don’t have that upside.

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Josh>Drake>Ajayi and Josh>Drake&Ajayi
Josh=1.5
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Sat May 19, 2018 5:24 am

Look at this way, Gordon on the worst team in the league was the #1 WR in the league (that is his ceiling). Now, the ultimate risk/reward guy....he could be out the league at anytime, his floor. He was #1 WR with scrub QB, coaching, ect.

Will Drake or Ajay be the #1 RB in the league? I doubt it, but if could happen.I doubt it, but if could happen. How about top 5? Maybe top 10? Could either one get a season or career ending injury and be out...could happen (especially with Ajay). I will take the guy with the highest ceiling, as it is so much higher than those 2 backs....lol.

As a Gordon owner, I would not trade him for less than 1.01 rookie pick or multiple top 5 picks (if not the 1.01/Barkley). Just my take...

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sat May 19, 2018 5:39 am

1coldone wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:24 am Look at this way, Gordon on the worst team in the league was the #1 WR in the league (that is his ceiling). Now, the ultimate risk/reward guy....he could be out the league at anytime, his floor. He was #1 WR with scrub QB, coaching, ect.

Will Drake or Ajay be the #1 RB in the league? I doubt it, but if could happen.I doubt it, but if could happen. How about top 5? Maybe top 10? Could either one get a season or career ending injury and be out...could happen (especially with Ajay). I will take the guy with the highest ceiling, as it is so much higher than those 2 backs....lol.

As a Gordon owner, I would not trade him for less than 1.01 rookie pick or multiple top 5 picks (if not the 1.01/Barkley). Just my take...
WOW I didn't think his value was that high I'm starting to rethink it and hold him for now unless I can get one of them RBs and a high 1st or nice young WR
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:24 am

If someone offered me the 1.02-1.07 id consider it, no one is going to trade me Barkley for Gordon lol no matter how hard I hope.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:41 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:39 am
1coldone wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:24 am Look at this way, Gordon on the worst team in the league was the #1 WR in the league (that is his ceiling). Now, the ultimate risk/reward guy....he could be out the league at anytime, his floor. He was #1 WR with scrub QB, coaching, ect.

WOW I didn't think his value was that high I'm starting to rethink it and hold him for now unless I can get one of them RBs and a high 1st or nice young WR
No one will give you the 1.01 but I was able to get the 1.08 for him and snag Penny (my personal 1.02 or I wouldn't have traded him). Its worth holding gordon and reminding all the owners just how good he is before you sell him. Right now there is a uncertainty of his actual production on top of his character issues since he ahsn't played in so long but I know once he gets a full season under him he'll be a top 10 WR asset.

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Sat May 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Yea i do not expect anyone to give that...just saying what i would want lol. Needless to say i will be keeping Gordon and rolling the on the guy who has already shown a high ceiling in the nfl. Over those that have not played the 1st snap. Hate to get treadwell-ed...lol

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sat May 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:31 am

"As a Gordon owner, I would not trade him for less than 1.01 rookie pick or multiple top 5 picks (if not the 1.01/Barkley). Just my take... "

You must be as high as Josh on his best day !

The Browns situation has changed, Josh as an athlete has changed ... the days of non-stop targets funneled his way as the only weapon the Browns have to get back into the game are gone. Can he be a top WR1 ??? Perhaps but the odds are against him. Targets aren't going to be there in the abundance as in the past. Landry, Duke & Njoku not to mention Coleman or Calloway should siphon off a bunch. Plus the running game is stronger than before with Hyde & Chubb.

Plus the quick twitch that got immense separation back in his big year didn't seem to be there last year. Can he do it occasionally ? ...Sure, but it happened with regularity back then. Mostly I don't see him as the number one option on 90+ per cent of the pass plays anymore. Duke & Landry will be a decent amount and Josh will be the decoy to run off coverage. Top 12 is reasonable but top 3 not so much. Mid 1st would be the highest and more than likely 1.05 -1.09 is fair. Getting two picks in mid first range is ridiculous as the number 1.01

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun May 20, 2018 9:17 am

Isn't he a FA next year ?

idk maybe he ends up on a better offence or even stay in Cle. with the rookie QB that could be really good and seeing Cle. D they might have to pass 600 times to try and stay in games.. I'm not sure about this year with Taylor even though Watkins was really good with him and that was only on about 450 team passes , but next year with a more passing QB could be nice.

Edit - Just looked they did throw 574 times last year with Kizer at QB and anything is better than him , TBH Taylor is a really good all around QB I think he can support Josh and Landry with Duke out of the backfield , Don't think they will both be top 10 WRs.

My projections
Landry 85-900
Gordon 70-1250
Last edited by AresGodOWar on Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:21 am

cazzie33 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:31 am "As a Gordon owner, I would not trade him for less than 1.01 rookie pick or multiple top 5 picks (if not the 1.01/Barkley). Just my take... "

You must be as high as Josh on his best day !

The Browns situation has changed, Josh as an athlete has changed ... the days of non-stop targets funneled his way as the only weapon the Browns have to get back into the game are gone. Can he be a top WR1 ??? Perhaps but the odds are against him. Targets aren't going to be there in the abundance as in the past. Landry, Duke & Njoku not to mention Coleman or Calloway should siphon off a bunch. Plus the running game is stronger than before with Hyde & Chubb.

Plus the quick twitch that got immense separation back in his big year didn't seem to be there last year. Can he do it occasionally ? ...Sure, but it happened with regularity back then. Mostly I don't see him as the number one option on 90+ per cent of the pass plays anymore. Duke & Landry will be a decent amount and Josh will be the decoy to run off coverage. Top 12 is reasonable but top 3 not so much. Mid 1st would be the highest and more than likely 1.05 -1.09 is fair. Getting two picks in mid first range is ridiculous as the number 1.01
Gordon has that sexy long stride...he's never been a quick twitch guy. Just bigger and faster and more physical than everyone else so Idk what you're talking about him losing a step. Secondly he doesn't need to be force fed the ball when he's getting an 18 yards per catch average. all he needs is 120 targets for 70-80 receptions and he'll be a top 5 WR. Pretty reasonable target share for the #1 WR on a team.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:19 am

Disagree on the quick twitch, it was and is important for long striders. Dez & Josh are similar in that they sell routes by getting up on DBs then have that (Or had) ability to create separation in a step or two out of breaks. Quick twitch doesn't mean you have to be a waterbug zig -zagging.

As you get bigger or older that quick first step goes away, usually a bit @ a time. Some days it's there , some it's not. You see it in basketball players too. They are still good but not the explosion as in their youth. What was once a given natural acceleration you have to "get ready" to make your break or move. Happens to 'em all. Not that Gordon won't do damage but didn't see him creating the same separation last year. To be fair he came back in the middle of the season so maybe that had something to do with it

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:19 am Disagree on the quick twitch, it was and is important for long striders. Dez & Josh are similar in that they sell routes by getting up on DBs then have that (Or had) ability to create separation in a step or two out of breaks. Quick twitch doesn't mean you have to be a waterbug zig -zagging.

As you get bigger or older that quick first step goes away, usually a bit @ a time. Some days it's there , some it's not. You see it in basketball players too. They are still good but not the explosion as in their youth. What was once a given natural acceleration you have to "get ready" to make your break or move. Happens to 'em all. Not that Gordon won't do damage but didn't see him creating the same separation last year. To be fair he came back in the middle of the season so maybe that had something to do with it
I see what you're saying but I don't think Gordon has lost that...he was averaging 18.9 yards per catch last year same as he was the year he went nuts. Give him a decent QB and you'll see him thrive once again.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun May 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Titans95 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:19 am Disagree on the quick twitch, it was and is important for long striders. Dez & Josh are similar in that they sell routes by getting up on DBs then have that (Or had) ability to create separation in a step or two out of breaks. Quick twitch doesn't mean you have to be a waterbug zig -zagging.

I see what you're saying but I don't think Gordon has lost that...he was averaging 18.9 yards per catch last year same as he was the year he went nuts. Give him a decent QB and you'll see him thrive once again.
I think he will be a stud with Taylor , Taylor can hit the deep ball 2015 Sammy had only 95 targets for 60-1050-9 with a 17.5 ypc avg. and 18 20+ yard catches.

And that's with only 450 pass attempts from Buff QBs , Last year Cle. threw the ball around 570 times
Last edited by AresGodOWar on Sun May 20, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:06 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:05 pm
Titans95 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 pm

I think he will be a stud with Taylor , Taylor can hit the deep ball 2015 Sammy had only 95 targets for 60-1050-9 with a 17.5 ypc avg. and 18 20+ yard catches
Exactly.