1.2 - do you take R PENNY OR GUICE

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Dynasty PPR Rookie draft pick - 1.2

Poll ended at Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Rashaad Penny
36%
Derrius. Guice
53%
Other explain
11%

Total votes: 75

Andersong0857
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1.2 - do you take R PENNY OR GUICE

Postby Andersong0857 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 am

Ok pros and cons

Guice
- higher upside
- more agility
- better OL
- younger at only 20 while penny 22

Penny
- higher potent offense
- Russell Wilson keeps ball moving so more chance score
- no character issues
- better chance be feature back right away
- does not have Chris Thompson stealing 3rd down carries

Thanks for all tips. I am drafting this Saturday and I think I am taking Guice. He has more upside and younger but I think Penny has better chance to produce more right away.

Tobin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Tobin » Thu May 17, 2018 7:10 am

If it is not PPR then I would look at Guice
It if is PPR then Penny
TEAM 1:
12 team 6pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,1Flex,1K,1DST
QB: Fields, Jones, Flacco, Browning
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Swift, K.Williams, J.Warren, Hunt
WR: J.Jefferson, Lamb, D.Adams, Pittman, London, M.Evans, R.Moore, E.Moore
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, Dulcich, Johnson, Otton

TEAM 2:
12 team 4pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,1Flex,1K,1DST
QB: Dak, Pickett, Levis, Browning
RB: Achaine, Gibbs, Spears, Javonte, Gibson
WR: Lamb, Pittman, DJM, J.Williams, JSN, Burks, J.Dotson, E.Moore,
TE: Hockenson, Ferguso, Dulcich, Musgrave

TEAM 3:
12 team 6pt passing TD - 6pts other TDs / 1 pp1 - Superflex, TE Premium
1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 2 Flex / SFlex
QB: Burrow, Richardson, Jones, O'Connell, Zappe
RB: Gibbs, K.Williams, Dobbins, CEH, R.Johnson
WR: Lamb, Pittman, G.Wilson, M.Brown, Sutton, Burks, Z.Jones, D.Douglas, Tillman
TE: Hockenson, Kincaid, Dulcich, Musgrave, Kraft

TrojanDynasty32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TrojanDynasty32 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:17 am

Pantherbro13 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:06 pm
Bot101 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm
Pantherbro13 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm

1st round pick under a coach who wants to run the football and have a strong defense. He is joining a team that has a good QB. He doesn’t have any competition (like a Chris Thompson) and the pick suggests him being their feature guy. Not to mention he is an extremely exciting player to watch.
Strong defense? Have you paid attention to who they let go/traded away this off season? Legion of Boom has become the Legion of Whom?
Not denying the defense is probably going to be bad. Was hinting more at PC’s ball control philosophy of running the ball and rely on the defense to keep the score low. The quality of players has certainly changed but the philosophy hasn’t.
The problem with that is Carroll is a historically poor drafter of RBs. None have panned out. His OL is trash. I would say Carson & Procise are at least as much competition as Thompson. & I wouldn’t say they have a good QB. Sherman would agree w/ me, but that’s another discussion entirely.
Team 1

QB- Carr, Mac
RB- Kamara, Patterson, Swift, Ingram, Foreman, Breida
WR- M Thomas, Metcalf, Keenan, Bourne, AB, Waddle, Green, D-Jax, Landry, St. Brown
TE- Waller, Hockenson
K- Tucker
D- Miami
Start: QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, WR/RB, WR/TE, K, D

GBP1388
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GBP1388 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 pm
SpartacusPTech wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Personally I like Penny more, but like them both.
bishop sankey 2.0
Don't you put that on him
Green Bowl Packers
12 team .5ppr 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 te k d
qb: watson, pickett, purdy, minshew, mayfield
rb: bijan, chubb, mixon, charbs, hubbard, foreman, r. johnson, gray, ford
wr: chase, evans, cooper, d. johnson, pittman, juju, julio, palmer, r. james, shakir
te: kittle, goedert, gesicki, chig
d: car, bal
k: butker
2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Thu May 17, 2018 8:02 am

TrojanDynasty32 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 pm I don’t really understand the Guice love. He doesn’t look like a guy who will contribute in the passing game. His highlight reel is a bunch of runs where everyone gets blocked up and he just runs to the end zone. No broken tackles or great jukes. I don’t think he’s big enough to be the physical runner in the NFL people expect him to be. & I think there’s reason to be concerned about that stuff off the field. His personality has come across very weird and guys like that have a tendency to wear out their welcome.

As for Penny, the guy runs upright and he bounces EVERYTHING! That works at the lower levels of D1. It makes for a journeyman career in the NFL. That pick just feels like Christine Michael all over again.

I may be wrong, but I think Chubb and Jones are better players. I think they showed more on tape. I think their games translate better to the pros. & although they weren’t asked to do it in college, i think both will be able to contribute in the passing game.
If you have questions about Guice's ability to catch the ball then you should have the same questions about Chubb. There are probably 3 running backs who have catching the ball on their highlight tapes and are Barkley, Jones and Penny. LSU is a different animal because they don't throw to the backs, and sometimes they don't even throw to the receivers, very much. It was one of the knocks on Fournette and he has done just fine. Just because they don't show it on the highlights doesn't mean they can't do it. Its just a by product of the system they were in.

If you really want to get an idea of what type of back Derrius Guice is go back and watch the 2016 LSU vs a&m game. That is why I feel Guice is a better back than Penny.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
Qb Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
TE George Kittle, Darren Waller, Pat Freiermuth
K Justin Tucker
Def/St Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers

Possibly competitive team
QB: DeShaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Cj Stroud
RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka
TE: Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz, Darren Waller, Tucker Kraft
K: Justin Tucker
D/St: Bills, Bucs

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:29 am

I take Guice at 1.02. But an argument can be made for all the packs in this group. Penny has competition that people seam to forget about. They have all shown flashes therefore good chance they take some of the workload. Guice has his issues with Thompson, and character, Micheal is in NE with a bunch of backs who have also shown flashes and has a coach who is notorious for not caring what name or the contract of the back, if he see's a match-up advantage that is who will play more that week.

When I watched film my 2nd Favorite back was Jone's. This was predraft and I hoped to get him later in the draft. But the question I had watching him was, what was the level of defense's he played against? They sure were not as good as Guice and Chub faced. (I am big 10 fan so no SEC fanboy). So I use a mix of, wisdom of the crowd and what I saw. Consensus has been Guice is the number 2 talent, he looked good on tape against good(not always great) defenses so he is my number 2.

I think you should choose best player at that position remaining over landing spot(at least more weight to best player). You can having a great landing spot but if they dont have the talent then they will fail and the next year someone else will be picked to replace them. Look at Perine and many others.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 am

I chose other. I would try to trade the pick. The difference between Sony, Chubb, Guice, Penny is in perception. Since nobody seems to be a lock, which is what I would like to get with a 2 pick, I would trade it for something I like on another team.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

iron
Role Player
Role Player

Postby iron » Thu May 17, 2018 7:03 pm

I also hold 1.02 and would love to trade down, but the rest of the league is wise and also knows that their may be only a slight difference between RB's in the 1.02-1.06 (or even 1.08) range, and won't deal much <if anything> to make the move.
Start 1QB, 1-4RB, 1-4WR, 1-4TE. TE prem

Team 1 (14 team)

QB- K.Murray,,Lock, Brissett
RB- D.Cook, JRobinson ,Mattison, Coleman, J.White, E.Benjamin
WR- Hopkins, Evans,, Hamler, Fitz, DeSean Jax, Stills, V.Jefferson, T.Smith
TE- Hurst, Ebron,, Akins, Cox, Dissly, Uzomah, Jarwin

Team 2 (16)

QB- Wilson,Rivers, Luton, Rudolph
RB- E.Elliott, Kamara, Edmonds, B.Scott, Gaskin, L.Murray, Love, Perine, JJ Taylor
WR- K.Allen, M.Evans, Fitzgerald, R.Cobb, D.Jackson, Pascal, D.Robinson, Watson, Devernay
TE- Hooper, Ertz, Schultz, Alie-Cox, Arnold, Okwuegbunam, Hollister

Team 3 (16)

QB- Mariota,, Foles, K.Allen, Kizer
RB- D.Harris, Hynes, Mattison, AJ Dillon, Ozigbo
WR- D.Parker, Peoples-Jones, Pascal, Funchess, Isabella
TE- Boyle, Deguara,

2021 picks- 1.6, 2.2, 2.4, 2.11, 2.14, 3.14, 3.15, 4.1, 4.11, 5.2, 5.4, 5.5
2022 picks- 1st (5 picks), 2nd (4 picks), 3rd (2 picks), 4th (1 pick), 5th (2 picks)

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:59 am

surgebird2 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:21 pm
scilly wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm I'm taking Michel then Penny over Guice.
x2

Patriots did not draft Michel to become another part of their committee, they drafted him to be the bell cow, maybe not right away but eventually. Anyways, it's not like the Patriots draft a RB highly very often. Michel is the best all around back besides Barkley just in terms of talent.
Until the Pats prove they want their first bell cow back in forever by actually doing it, I'm taking both Penny and Guice over Michel every time in rookie drafts.

Plenty of fantasy GMs don't like wading through the annual NE RB chaos - yeah some weeks are great, if you guess right, but guessing and hoping you hit right every week is giant PITA.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Fri May 18, 2018 5:03 am

After reading the Delorean report I think I have changed my mind and would go with Penny.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri May 18, 2018 5:25 am

Smoking Guns wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:03 am After reading the Delorean report I think I have changed my mind and would go with Penny.
I have them essentially ranked the same, what pushed it over the top for you?