Startup thoughts

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Startup thoughts

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:46 am

Wrapping up a 12 team superflex TE premium draft and wondering what y’all think of this team

QB: Jimmy, Mariota, Carr, Rosen
WR: Thomas, Diggs, watkins, TY, Meredith
RB: zeke, Chubb, hyde, ty monty, Crowell
TE: OJH, Kittle, ASJ, Eifert

There were a lot of teams that seemed to be taking older proven vets a lot earlier than they should’ve gone IMO which is why I ahem such a young team here. Prioritized gathering a bunch of upside TEs and QBs due to the superflex and premium parts as I figured they’d make pretty nice trade bait in the future. I think I could use a bit more WR depth and could get some 2019 picks as I traded mine for diggs

LaFleur42
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Startup thoughts

Postby LaFleur42 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:58 am

At this point...to me...I would be more worried about your RB depth. Hyde is a question mark in terms of what he is going to be given in regards to work load. TYMont doesn't appear to be in the graces of GB. Crowell is in a prime spot but he is a JAG kind of guy. I would see if you can find someone who would bite on Eifert or maybe Carr.
Too many to list...

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 am

I actually like it a lot, especially for a startup where not many teams have as much depth.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 am

Think your WR depth is actually a strength. You've got several QB2s so that might actually be a point of weakness, but you have good depth. Agree with an earlier poster that after Zeke your RBs have some question marks. If you only have to start 2 then you're probably fine though. I'd actually say your biggest weakness is TE in a TE premium league. You've got some nice upside but little proven production and my guess is this is where you'll have the largest point differential with your opponents at least this year.

Do really like your draft though. Probably would have went with a similar strategy given vets were being grabbed early on.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

usgojoox
Rookie
Rookie

Postby usgojoox » Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 am

Your RBs are pretty bad. Chubb or Hyde could make the other one useless. If you only have to start 1RB it isn't a terrible position to be in but if you do, I wouldn't feel too confident.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 am

probably shouldve said starting reqs are
1qb 1wr 1rb 1te 1sflex 4flex
that's part of why i mainly ignored RB after I got zeke as I figured it was purely the BPA at that point and RBs went fast and often

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue May 15, 2018 9:59 am

idk how you ended up with that team but congrats! you killed that ish
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:59 am idk how you ended up with that team but congrats! you killed that ish
The easiest way to describe it is a showcase of going BPA constantly in a startup, I didn’t even have a second RB until the 8th round