Contender or Pretender

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Contender or Pretender

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:48 am

So what're y'alls thought on this team, spent this offseason trying to make a retool to create a bit more of youth
1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 DFlex
QB:Brissett, Mccarron, Eli
RB:Howard, Ajayi, Miller, Powell
WR: AB, TY, Landry, Jones, Juju, Dez, Crabtree, Funchess, Dede
TE: Kelce, Cook
DL: Heyward, Campbell, Cam Jordan
LB: Ogletree, Davis, Marshall, Woodyard
DB: Who care
Picks:2018 5.5,5.9 2019: 4th 5th, 2020: all but my first
Obviously QB is a massive hole and ideally I'd trade one of my depth Wrs for a guy to fill in there but no bites yet, I've been trying to trade Dez and Crabs to no avail. Any other thoghts? Feel free to roast

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Contender or Pretender

Postby JJRules » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:53 am

QB: Awful all around - need to upgrade
RB: Howard and a bunch of guys I don't like
WR: AB and some question marks - Does Luck return to form? Will Landry command all the targets in CLE? Can JuJu be fantasy-consistent as the WR2 on his real life team?
TE: KELCE SMASH!
IDP: I don't do IDP and have nothing to contribute to this.

I don't see this roster contending in its current state, tho a few of your guys could definitely beast and get you into the playoffs. The lack of meaningful picks for the foreseeable future is alarming.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:06 am

Yeah that's what I was hoping wouldn't be the case, I was thinking I could play matchups with my 6/7 guys behind AB to get some pretty nice WR2/Flex plays out of them.
Where would you recommend taking this team? Got an owner interested in Juju, offered his 19 first(projected early) that to me seems light but I was thinking countering that pick and his 1.11 for Juju or the 19 first, mariota and a second. Thoughts on either of those ideas?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am

TE and WR is obviously your strength. QB needs a lot of help, but shouldn't be too difficult to upgrade in a 1QB league. Maybe you can trade for one of the rookie QBs after the draft. RB is ok, but not great. Howard should be fine as your RB1, but even though I like Miller and Ajayi, I'd prefer them to be my RB3 at best and not have to rely on them every week. It's possible one of them becomes a consistent producer and you can plug them in weekly, but I'd see if I can package one of them with something else to upgrade. I think with a few moves, you can be a contender.