Cam Meredith for 2.06

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
topher
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Cam Meredith for 2.06

Postby topher » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Pretty even for me. I think I'd wait till draft time before making the move. If there was someone I liked more still on the board or if someone for whatever reasons falls, Obviously keep pick.

To be specific, strictly talking WR...if Kirk, Moore, Sutton, Washington, Ridley and Pettis were all gone, I'd take Meredith....but I have a strong feeling 1 of these guys would still be there and would easily prefer.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:16 pm

Cam by a bit...2.06 is 30 - 70 to work out
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Well imho the idea that Cam Meredith should be worth 2.06 is a good joke so the whole thread should be there. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty Diehard
Starter
Starter

Postby Dynasty Diehard » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:38 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:07 pm Well imho the idea that Cam Meredith should be worth 2.06 is a good joke so the whole thread should be there. ;)
You've got some serious rookie fever bud, you should get that checked out. Meredith had 66 catches for 888 yards and 4 TDs in his 2nd season, with Matt Barkley and Brian Hoyer as his primary QBs. He was going into last season as the Bears #1 WR until he got hurt. Now he goes to an offense that's consistently in the top 5 and has Brees as his QB. Do you honestly believe that mid-2nd rounders hold more value than a player like this?
10-team PPR
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF, 1 K
2014: 6-6-1, missed playoffs
2015: 12-3, League Champion
2016: 14-1, League Champion
2017: 11-4, Runner Up
2018: 9-5, 4th place
2018: 6-3

QB - Lamar Jackson, Carson Wentz
RB - Alvin Kamara, Josh Jacobs, Kareem Hunt, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR - Tyreek Hill, Odell Beckham Jr., Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, Corey Davis, James Washington, Tre'Quan Smith, Auden Tate, DaeSean Hamilton, Allen Lazard, Jakobi Meyers, Alex Erickson, Russell Gage
TE - Darren Waller, O.J. Howard, David Njoku, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki
DEF - Vikings
K - Justin Tucker

2020 Picks - 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7
2021 Picks - 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:29 am

Dynasty Diehard wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:38 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:07 pm Well imho the idea that Cam Meredith should be worth 2.06 is a good joke so the whole thread should be there. ;)
You've got some serious rookie fever bud, you should get that checked out. Meredith had 66 catches for 888 yards and 4 TDs in his 2nd season, with Matt Barkley and Brian Hoyer as his primary QBs. He was going into last season as the Bears #1 WR until he got hurt. Now he goes to an offense that's consistently in the top 5 and has Brees as his QB. Do you honestly believe that mid-2nd rounders hold more value than a player like this?
Absolutely, because of this draft class. The 2016 or 2013 draft class, different story. Has nothing to do with rookie fever, rather Meredith versus the depth & ability of the top 18+ players to contribute right away if placed in the right situation, I'll take the 2.06 any day.

I didnt buy Meredith when he was earning some owners late 1sts after the 2016 season, I am not going to buy for 2.06 today just because he has a potential short-term situation with Brees. People are paying for "name brand" but his situation isnt as rosy as it appear from first glance.

Pretty much everyone from 2017 is back, plus the Saints have 8 rookie picks, and added a Brees favorite at TE (Ben Watson). So come Sept exactly how many targets is Meredith going to get? 80? 100? I wouldnt be surprised if he got more in the 45-65 range. This was a solid football move by the Saints - like a 2017 Torrey Smith to the Eagles - for a team looking to build their team depth and go deep into the playoffs before Brees retires - just dont see it as a good fantasy move for owners, short or long term.

Thats even assuming he is fully healthy by May (9 months from ACL + other knee damage). Right now it looks like his goal is to be ready by training camp (August), so that gives other WRs/TEs 3 extra months to work with Brees.

I think Snead, who landed in Baltimore on a wide open depth chart has a better chance at fantasy viability and he definitely is going to cost much less than a 2.06. If an owner believes in Meredith, then the smart play is to wait OTC and see who is available at 2.06 vs Meredith.

Btw I've seen better more proven talents like Crabtree, Dez Bryant, Fitzgerald, Garcon go for similar to cheaper prices. Heck you can likely get a Chris Hogan for a 3rd.

So yeah, I find 2.06 for a Meredith to be a bit of a joke - the new owner of the 2.06 can laugh all the way to the back.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 am

I'd rather have any of the 4 QBs than Meredith (everyone but Josh Allen). In a 1QB league they'll likely all be available at pick 2.06 (which is a touch early) but at least you can choose your favorite as they'd prob be the first one off the board. Even if Meredith becomes something (which I doubt), he's got what, one maybe two yrs of Brees? then who knows what he'll be...so his ceiling is MAYBE a WR2/3 for MAYBE 2 yrs...no thanks.

Go try and trade Meredith for one of Mahomes, Watson, or even Trubisky, I'm guessing all three are declined. That should give you your answer right there. You might need to wait for a rookie QB to blow up, but they have far greater long term value.

Go with the pick, and either take a faller, or draft a QB.

Chuck_The_Deuce
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chuck_The_Deuce » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:03 am

I like Cam Mer a lot, but I'd rather have the pick. I want to wait and see how healthy he is. He landed in a great spot but lets not forget that offense is not passing as much as it typically does. I would do it for a 3rd.
14 team TE premium PPR 53 man rosters
QB: Dak, Mariota, Haskins, Flacco, Bridge
RB: Dalvin, Kerryon, Damian Williams, Hines, Burkhead, Latavius Murray, Andre Ellington
WR: JuJj, Cooper, DJ Moore, Christian Kirk, J Matt, Demarcus Robinson, Carroo
TE: Hunter, O.j., Demetrius Harris
K: Vinatieri
DL: Donald, Aikem, Golden, Graham, Lawson, Vernon
LB: Deion, Jaylon Smith, Hitchens, Avery Williamson, Fred Warner, Jatavis Brown, Bradham, Preston Brown, Josh Bynes, Tahir Whitehead, Shaq Thompson, Shaun Dion, Markus Golden, Josey Jewell, O'Daniel, Perryman, Onwuasor, Van Noy, Vince Williams
DB: Reshad Jones, Darby

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:36 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 am Go try and trade Meredith for one of Mahomes, Watson, or even Trubisky, I'm guessing all three are declined. That should give you your answer right there. You might need to wait for a rookie QB to blow up, but they have far greater long term value.
One of these three is not like the other...

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:40 am

CharlieKelly wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:36 am
Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 am Go try and trade Meredith for one of Mahomes, Watson, or even Trubisky, I'm guessing all three are declined. That should give you your answer right there. You might need to wait for a rookie QB to blow up, but they have far greater long term value.
Very true...and I'd still rather have him over Meredith

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:40 am
CharlieKelly wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:36 am
Very true...and I'd still rather have him over Meredith
That's great if you can turn that QB into a better player/draft pick down the road. That doesn't fly in all 1 QB leagues though. We have a guy who had 5 starting QBs when the season started last year (counting Trevor Siemian) and no one showed interest. They, including myself, just waited for injuries to occur and grab the backups. That's how I ended up with Keenum for free instead of paying a 2nd rounder for my backup QB.
I'd much rather go with the guy who still has youth on his side, went to a good offense (5th in passing yards last year and that was with Brees throwing his fewest yards in a season since '05), joined his old position coach from his 66 catch season and should be the starter opposite Thomas. Isn't that about all you can hope for before the season for a 2nd round pick?
Maybe the biggest part about all this is league size. In my 16 team league, pick 22 has a pretty low shot at being successful so I usually trade my 2nd every year for a decent guy so it doesn't go to waste more years than not.
Last edited by Gtdano_14 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Should've went with " The Wire" six seasons as the closer :doh:

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:21 pm

Dynasty Diehard wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:38 am
This was my thought as well. It's probably pretty close value-wise, but I'd personally take Meredith (who's shown he can produce) with Brees over a dart throw mid 2nd round pick.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby drbuttermaker » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:35 pm

If Meredith did not blow out his knee I would rather have him, but after looking over my board there are definitely 30-40 players I would rather have over him.