Corey Davis Shade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dynastyjukay
Rookie
Rookie

Corey Davis Shade

Postby dynastyjukay » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:07 am

Notice how Davis is showing up A LOT on threads these days? The opinions are mixed at best (Davis for 1.02, Davis for Julio Jones +...WHAT?). Obviously, injuries derailed his rookie season...but I just read 10 threads regarding a Davis for high picks and/or legit players.

The reason, IMHO, is that people are trying to sell him before the sophomore curse. If a WR has a bad rookie season, he can come out of it and have a good sophomore. If he has 2 bad years, good luck getting any value out of that guy. I wish I remember the source, but I read an article detailing how important year 2 is for WR's. If they have a good/great rookie year, they are USUALLY fine and have great careers. If they have a terrible rookie year, they have a chance to recorrect and still have a great career, yet the percentage obviously goes down. If they have a bad rookie and sophomore season, they have something like less than 10% chance of being a WR3 in the NFL.

Davis has already had the bad rookie season; is he going to be a Jerry Rice (less than 50 catches for less than 1000 yards), or Kevin White, Devante Parker, Troy Williamson, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, or really any of the first round WR's from the the last 3 drafts?

Anyone else feel they should get what they can for this guy before he is worth a mid-second (like Devante Parker still is for some crazy reason)?
QB: Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Jordan Howard, Mark Ingram, Jay Ajayi, D'Onta Foreman
WR: Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Robert Woods
TE: Travis Kelce, OJ Howard

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Corey Davis Shade

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:39 am

I'm a Davis fan and believer, but I can guarantee that he won't be Jerry Rice lol.

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:59 am

I guess it depends if you view Davis as having a bad rookie year. I personally think he was alright. He was injured a lot and the entire passing offense under performed (be it from the play calling, QB play, WR play, etc). If you take what he did in the games he did play in and extrapolate it over 16 games he would finish with around 60 catches which would have been decent for that offense. I would cash out on him if the offer was good, but by no means am I going to under sell just to get him off my roster. Guys like White and Williams had no business being drafted where they were IMO. Devante just couldn't seem to get his work ethic figured out early either. I don't know how Davis will compare to them when it's all said and done but I thought he was a better prospect than all of those guys and in the end I try and let the talent win out. It could/does at times burn you, but I am going to bank on some continued development and won't sell low yet. I also agree he won't be Jerry or AB either lol.

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jpusmc0311 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:03 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:39 am I'm a Davis fan and believer, but I can guarantee that he won't be Jerry Rice lol.
Can you guarantee that he wont be Antonio Brown?? No one thought Antonio Brown was going to be Antonio Brown during his horrible rookie season. I'm not saying that he will be the next AB, but I think that he has a ceiling that high.

With that said, I would not trade 1.02 or Julio Jones + for him, merely on the fact that his ceiling COULD be AB. I think that would be irresponsible.
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:14 am

I've been turning down offers of early-middish 1st round picks all offseason. Davis was bad, don't get me wrong, but between injury and the whole Titans offense being a mess last year, I guess I give him a bit of a pass. For me personally, he flashed enough to stay high on him. I'm optimistic that Titans improve on offense and expect Davis to be one of the biggest beneficiaries long term.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:17 am

If you are solely relying on "sophomore slump" rhetoric and box scores you shouldn't really have an opinion one way or another.

When he played (and the OC was calling reasonably competent plays - rare last season) I think he was pretty amazing. Look at his highlights from the patriots and Rams games. He is physical, made GREAT catches in coverage and repeatedly carried defenders for 5-10 yds. Not to mention his one-handed catch in the end zone.

I expect him to have a monster year with a new coach and Matt lafleur at OC.

I'm buying acrss the board in all formats
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

dynastyjukay
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dynastyjukay » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:41 am

Favrezilla wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:17 am If you are solely relying on "sophomore slump" rhetoric and box scores you shouldn't really have an opinion one way or another.

When he played (and the OC was calling reasonably competent plays - rare last season) I think he was pretty amazing. Look at his highlights from the patriots and Rams games. He is physical, made GREAT catches in coverage and repeatedly carried defenders for 5-10 yds. Not to mention his one-handed catch in the end zone.

I offer you him for the 1.03 straight up, what would you say?
QB: Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Jordan Howard, Mark Ingram, Jay Ajayi, D'Onta Foreman
WR: Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Robert Woods
TE: Travis Kelce, OJ Howard

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 am

dynastyjukay wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:41 am I offer you him for the 1.03 straight up, what would you say?
I know you didn't ask me but I'd lean pretty heavily towards accepting Davis for my 1.03, however it would ultimately depend on my roster construction and short term vs long term goals. If I'm a WR heavy team built to win maybe I prefer to hold the 1.03 and gamble on a quick injection of RB productivity.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:21 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 am
dynastyjukay wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:41 am I offer you him for the 1.03 straight up, what would you say?
I know you didn't ask me but I'd lean pretty heavily towards accepting Davis for my 1.03, however it would ultimately depend on my roster construction and short term vs long term goals. If I'm a WR heavy team built to win maybe I prefer to hold the 1.03 and gamble on a quick injection of RB productivity.
It depends on team needs. If I needed a WR, I'd snap accept that.

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 am

Double
Last edited by Favrezilla on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:33 am

Favrezilla wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 am
Pretty easy accept for me unless I really need a RB and the 3rd best one imo is in the right situation

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Favrezilla wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:17 am If you are solely relying on "sophomore slump" rhetoric and box scores you shouldn't really have an opinion one way or another.

what? amazing is very strong. he didnt have any good games really. week 1 6 for 69 and week 16 6 for 91 were his only decent games.

his only game he scored in was the patriot playoff game where they got smashed and even then he didnt top 100 yard but had 2 scores, but everyone knows the game was over before the 2nd score.

i think he is a legit talent, i dont believe in the titans or mariota though...and situation definitely matters
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:32 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm what? amazing is very strong.
I'm a Davis guy but I agree with this. If you zoom out on his rookie season it was actually really bad. He flashed some super impressive individual plays (diving catches, high pointed catches, toe tap sideline catches, one handed catches, strong efforts to break tackles and gain YAC) but overall was super inefficient and didn't put together any wildly impressive and complete games that I can recall.

What I do like is that he had some of his best performances towards the end of the year. Weeky 16 he had 9 for 6 and 97 yards vs LA Rams. In the playoffs he had 8 for 5 and 63 yards with those two FILTHY TD catches vs the Pats.

If you ignore those two performances you are missing out on why Davis fans are still optimistic. With a full offseason of working out together I think Mariota and Davis are going to show improved chemistry and have more of these types of weeks in 2018. But as a whole, the rookie year was definitely not amazing by any definition.
Last edited by btv802 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 pm

dynastyjukay wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:07 am Davis has already had the bad rookie season; is he going to be a Jerry Rice (less than 50 catches for less than 1000 yards), or Kevin White, Devante Parker, Troy Williamson, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, or really any of the first round WR's from the the last 3 drafts?
Your list is full of 'jury still out' candidates. It would be foolish to simply write off Mike Williams or even Kevin White at this point. Even Parker has flashed in moments to have hold considerations. Corey Davis' sample size is still significantly too small to start to toss around the word 'bad'. Did he pop like Juju? No. Is he a superior athlete in nearly all parameters? Yes. Should Juju be considered 'good'? I don't think so, although a box score guy could look at a 58/917/7 line and say 'THAT ISN'T GOOD FOR A ROOKIE'? When you play with an All Pro QB, RB, WR1, it isn't as challenging to simply 'play football'.

I preferred Mike Williams Pre-NFL draft to Corey Davis. It wasn't until MW was drafted in a fairly poor situation that CD swapped spots. I would pay a 1.03 today for Corey Davis, and a 1.05 for Mike Williams.

I love capitalizing on players that give a WR 1 year to develop then decide they aren't good and sell for a discount the next year.
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jpusmc0311 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:51 pm

It's impressive how many people can formulate a conclusive scouting report of his whole career off of a rookie season. This is the same group that swore by everything that Moncrief was a freakin future hall of famer for about 4 seasons... (I'm exaggerating on purpose)
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet