Watson vs 1.01 SF edition

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Watson vs 1.01 SF edition

Postby HughHoney » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:32 am

I view Watson as the #2 dynasty QB and Barkley as RB #6 so however that translates in SF.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:35 am
skip wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:21 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:20 am Let's not forget, Watson looked great but it was what, 5 games?
That's 5 more than Barkley.
I knew that was coming. Meanwhile, you ignored the entire point of the post which was supply and demand in regards to elite QB play vs elite RB play.

Is there a big difference between Watson and Stafford? Meanwhile, what's the difference between Barkley and Crowell? Barkley and Lynch?

There's 5 QBs available that could come close to Watson is. On a FF scale at least. How many RBs are in the Barkley category?
Massive difference for me between Watson and Stafford in dynasty. And why the comparison between Barkley vs Crowell and Lynch? One is at the very end of his career and the other is a mediocre RB at best. Why not compare Watson to Eli and Dalton? And when you say 5 QBs close to Watson do you mean in this draft???

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:14 pm

HughHoney wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:31 pm
skip wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:21 am

That's 5 more than Barkley.
I knew that was coming. Meanwhile, you ignored the entire point of the post which was supply and demand in regards to elite QB play vs elite RB play.

Is there a big difference between Watson and Stafford? Meanwhile, what's the difference between Barkley and Crowell? Barkley and Lynch?

There's 5 QBs available that could come close to Watson is. On a FF scale at least. How many RBs are in the Barkley category?
Massive difference for me between Watson and Stafford in dynasty. And why the comparison between Barkley vs Crowell and Lynch? One is at the very end of his career and the other is a mediocre RB at best. Why not compare Watson to Eli and Dalton? And when you say 5 QBs close to Watson do you mean in this draft???
All fair points here..........

Crowell and Lynch I chose because they are considered solid RB2's. Stafford is widely considered a top flight QB2 so I was attempting to illustrate the difference between the drop off from QB1 to QB2 compared to RB1 vs RB2.

And yes, when I say 5 QBs I was saying 5 have a shot at being QB1's. Meanwhile, I see 2 maybe 3 RBs that can become that in this draft.

Back to my original point. QB stats are out of the roof these days with 4,500+ yard seasons and 35+ TDs. Meanwhile, how many nightmare backfield splits are out there?

RB is slim pickings and while Watson looks great, I revery back to supply and demand. RBs will always cost the most. My advice here would be to snag Barkley and sell in two years when he is potentially dynastys #1 asset. I don't think Watson will ever be that, SF or 2 QB.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:14 pm
HughHoney wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:31 pm

All fair points here..........

Crowell and Lynch I chose because they are considered solid RB2's. Stafford is widely considered a top flight QB2 so I was attempting to illustrate the difference between the drop off from QB1 to QB2 compared to RB1 vs RB2.

And yes, when I say 5 QBs I was saying 5 have a shot at being QB1's. Meanwhile, I see 2 maybe 3 RBs that can become that in this draft.

Back to my original point. QB stats are out of the roof these days with 4,500+ yard seasons and 35+ TDs. Meanwhile, how many nightmare backfield splits are out there?

RB is slim pickings and while Watson looks great, I revery back to supply and demand. RBs will always cost the most. My advice here would be to snag Barkley and sell in two years when he is potentially dynastys #1 asset. I don't think Watson will ever be that, SF or 2 QB.
Fair enough. I think there is an advantage in having a young top QB to plug into the lineup week in and week out for top 5 results the next 10+ years. I think that even in 1 QB leagues but especially SF.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:49 pm

HughHoney wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:41 pm Fair enough. I think there is an advantage in having a young top QB to plug into the lineup week in and week out for top 5 results the next 10+ years. I think that even in 1 QB leagues but especially SF.
I agree and I favor looking at ppg, not just tiers or scarcity. The difference from a top QB to a guy like Stafford-ish is pretty big on ppg. I'm also a big believer in investing in a QB and find many members of this forum seem to think that there is a bigger pool of interchangeable ones than there really is. Maybe as a second or third option, but not at the top.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:04 pm

I don't think there's a gap. Neither owner would probably want to add anything to their side.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:22 am

Pretty even however id want Barkley = something small for Watson
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

RolandsTower
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RolandsTower » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:23 am

I like Watson more than Barkley in a superflex easily.

So, as far as picks I feel like Barkley + say a late 1st rounder/early 2nd rounder is prolly fair for Watson in superflex.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:47 am

alphaxray wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:30 am I assume you are asking the difference between Barkley and Watson...

Barkley is a late 1st in a startup and Watson usually goes early to mid 2nd.
no usually watson goes 1.01 or soon after and barkley isnt far behind

would need something (not much) added to 1.01 to send off watson
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp