Josh Gordon value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Better Value

J. Gordon & 1.13
24%
1.02 & ???
76%

Total votes: 38

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Josh Gordon value

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:58 pm

tyson wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:43 pm I have him some where between the 1:4 and 4:1 the optimist that just acquired him says 1:4 the pissed off owner that held him through a long suspension struggles to believe he is worth the 4:1 - I know that is no help but cheaper for me than flash (in the pan) gordon therapy .
this is catchy and funny, but completely off base. if anyone gives josh gordon away for less than a 2nd they're #badatfantasyfootball
I could make the argument that anyone who has held him and not sold in one of the many sell high windows, or anyone that bought him in one of those windows, is #badatfantasyfootball

tyson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tyson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:21 am

sugbear65 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:58 pm
tyson wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:43 pm I have him some where between the 1:4 and 4:1 the optimist that just acquired him says 1:4 the pissed off owner that held him through a long suspension struggles to believe he is worth the 4:1 - I know that is no help but cheaper for me than flash (in the pan) gordon therapy .
this is catchy and funny, but completely off base. if anyone gives josh gordon away for less than a 2nd they're #badatfantasyfootball
I could make the argument that anyone who has held him and not sold in one of the many sell high windows, or anyone that bought him in one of those windows, is #badatfantasyfootball
there was only one sell high window, and that was when he was the most dominant wr in the league. anyone who sold him for a haul right then was either lucky or a fortune teller. that offseason he gets a year long ban, which then gets reduced to 10 games, but from that moment on he's been un-tradable, especially when he got slapped with two full year long suspensions after that. you'd have been hard pressed to get a late 2nd out of someone anywhere along the line, and even then, that to me is hardly "selling high".

really not sure why you quoted this though, do you disagree that selling him for a 3rd right now would be a boneheaded, piss poor trade?
Chicago Fire
10-Team PPR IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex
QB: Brees, Wentz, Baker, Hurts
RB: Barkley, Damien Harris, Sony Michel, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams, Boston Scott, Darwin, Bryce Love
WR: Evans, Allen Robinson, Lamb, Sutton, Hilton, Boyd, Anthony Miller, JJAW
TE: Ertz, Higbee
DL: Chase Young, Donald, Watt, Ingram,
LB: Devin Bush, Blake Martinez, TJ Watt
DB: Mathieu, Mike Hilton
Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Tijuana Tidal Wave
10-Team PPR IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex
QB: Josh Allen, Brees, Roethlisberger, Tua, Hurts
RB: Zeke, Mixon, Henry, DJ, Latavius, Cohen, Jamaal Williams, Justin Jackson, Boston Scott, Eno Benjamin
WR: Julio, Evans, JuJu, Sutton, Mike Williams, Anthony Miller
TE: Higbee, Gronk
DL: Demarcus Lawrence, Josh Allen, Aldon Smith, Akiem Hicks
LB: Joe Schobert, Jamie Collins, LVE, Nate Gerry, Joe Thomas
DB: Tyrann Mathieu, Marlon Humphrey
Picks: 2nd, 4th

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 am

topher wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:49 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:47 pm Which side have you got and what if anything is needed to add to the 1.02 to get a deal done ?
Added?!?

Nothing. His value is probably 1.04
Lol. No! He's maybe worth 1.06 or so at best. He's closer to 2.04 than 1.04, IMO.

mariettajeff
Starter
Starter

Postby mariettajeff » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:16 am

Yesterday was 4/20. Wait and see what happens first. LMAO. IMO the side with the 1:2 is in the drivers seat.
Team 1 Richard Cranium 2015 & 2016 Champion 16 teams 1 PPR 1 QB\1 RB \2 WR \ 1 RB/WR\ 1 TE
Wilson, Mahomes
Gurley, David Johnson, Jonathan Taylor, Darrell Henderson
OBJ, Cooks, Fuller, M. Williams, Courtland Sutton, A.J. Brown
Kelce, Dissly
Butker
Balt, Jets

Team 2 Crushing Steelers 12 teams 1PPR 1QB\2RB\2WR\1TE\1 RB-WR\ 2 I
Allen, Garropolo, Goff
Mixon, Chubb, Mack, Drake,
OBJ, Cooks, Hopkins, Kirk, Miller, A.J. Brown
Goedert, Hockerson, Fant
Gay