Perine?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
joekuhns11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Perine?

Postby joekuhns11 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Is he going to be the man in Washington going forward or are they moving on?

I was thinking about offering Breida to the Mckinnon owner in return for Perine.
Team #1 (Finished 2nd)
QB - Watson
RB - Hall, Jacobs, Mixon
WR - Tyreek, Jefferson, Chase, Jayden Reed, Godwin, Cooper
TE - Goedert, Kmet
2024 Picks: 1.05, 1.10, 2.01

Team #2 (Finished 1st)
QB - Tua, Pickett
RB - Hall, Barkley, K. Walker, James Cook
WR - Chase, D. Smith, D. Adams, Hopkins, Jameson Williams
TE - Laporta
2024 Picks: None

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Perine?

Postby RB6 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 pm

I think Washington drafts their starter. He's not a guy I'd be targeting.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:50 pm

I think I'd rather have Breida over Perine, though I'd try to sell him to the McKinnon owner for a late 2nd or early 3rd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:15 pm

RB6 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 pm I think Washington drafts their starter. He's not a guy I'd be targeting.
^this. Even if they don't draft an RB, Rob Kelly has a better chance to start than Perine.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:50 pm I think I'd rather have Breida over Perine, though I'd try to sell him to the McKinnon owner for a late 2nd or early 3rd.
Same here. I think Breida has more value, or at least should/will in the future, but if you can move him to the McKinnon owner for something better than Perine, go for it.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 pm

It's not worth moving Perine at this time unless you're getting something back you're really interested in.

If they don't draft a RB until the 4th or 5th round, I think you can make the case his perceived value will go up some. If you want to move him, wait until next week as his value currently isn't that high.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Dusticlez1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dusticlez1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Per-trash
12 Team-DEVY-SuperFlex-Tiered PPR
QB: ARod/Geno/JimmyG
RB: Gibbs/Hines
WR: AJB/Hopkins/StBrown/Kirk/Dotson/Juju/Lockett
TE: Kelce/Kmet/Knox

12 Team-SuperFlex-Non-PPR
QB: Lamar/JimmyG/Baker
RB: JT/Javonte/Sanders/Pacheco
WR: AJB/Diggs/Kirk/Jameson/Cooks
TE: Hock/Dulcich

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:08 pm

I think Perine is more talented and would rather have him.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm

I’d rather bet on Perine being cut by week one than being the starter.

The Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Spartans » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 pm

I'd take anything you can get for Perine. Didn't like him out of draft and like him even less now.
My PPR dynasties (QB/RB/WR/TE/FL):

Under construction...just noticed teams I had shown were very different than where they are now (lots of trading last 12 months). LOL

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:18 am

The Spartans wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 pm I'd take anything you can get for Perine. Didn't like him out of draft and like him even less now.
i think most view perine in this light. you either were a fan or were not comming out. i doubt much has changed in most people's minds.

i thought he was deserving of a top 15 or so rookie selection last offseason, so im not ready to move on at this point. they could always add a rb via free agency, but its thompson, kelly, and perine as of now. its hard to imagine the skins taking someone in the first 2 rds, and i dont believe they have their 3rd. chances are, he will have a legit shot at competing with whomever is there for a decent role.

as with alot of young players...i watch the tape and feel that they just need time to adjust to run blocking schemes and defensive schemes at the next level. the game is simply too fast for them right out of the gate. i see some of this in perine, and it seems as if he became better later on in the year. partially because they were forced to use him at the end of the year, and quite possibly because he was beginning to get a feel for the nfl game.

as to specifically buying or selling him....it all comes down to cost or return. i couldnt blame anyone from moving on if you like someone in this draft, there are interesting targets in the range that perine should be bought or sold for. ive sent out a few feelers with rookie picks in the 25-30 range....and not a single bite. obviously noone is buying for a 1st, so this tells us that owners are expecting something in the 15-20 range....if they were to move him. at that price tag...i think your owner/buyer dependant.

in terms of perine vs breida...id take perine pretty easily personally. ive soured more on the skins as an organization, than i have perine's talent. i believe he's currently the most talented back on the team, that could certainly change, but for right now...the early down work is perine's to lose. i'll also mention that i thought he did a pretty nice job catching the ball out of the backfield to wind down the season aswell. this leads me to believe that he could have a high floor if he were to see significant playing time.

i dont anticipate that this thread will see supporter's comming out of the woodwork....there may not even be many that like him anymore...but our game is all about finding players before they break out and here is a great example of a time that you may want to speculate on a player (obviously for the right price).

i'll also mention that perine put up similar numbers to his backfield mate at ou in their rookie years. I am by no means suggesting their value should be the same, but giving a reference point for a potential buy low.

mixon- 626 yds on 178 carries, 4 tds...then 30 catches for 287 yds, 0td
perine- 603 yds on 175 carries, 2 tds...then 22 catches for 182 yds, 1 td

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:09 am

I’d rather have Perine. I’m not a fan of Kelley and I think Perine still has a good shot to be the main starting RB in DC.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:08 am

He's a slow plodder. You cant overcome that. I liked him coming out but that's gone now.

Chuck_The_Deuce
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chuck_The_Deuce » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:13 am

I liked him a lot coming out last year, but I think he is replaced next week in the draft.
14 team TE premium PPR 53 man rosters
QB: Dak, Mariota, Haskins, Flacco, Bridge
RB: Dalvin, Kerryon, Damian Williams, Hines, Burkhead, Latavius Murray, Andre Ellington
WR: JuJj, Cooper, DJ Moore, Christian Kirk, J Matt, Demarcus Robinson, Carroo
TE: Hunter, O.j., Demetrius Harris
K: Vinatieri
DL: Donald, Aikem, Golden, Graham, Lawson, Vernon
LB: Deion, Jaylon Smith, Hitchens, Avery Williamson, Fred Warner, Jatavis Brown, Bradham, Preston Brown, Josh Bynes, Tahir Whitehead, Shaq Thompson, Shaun Dion, Markus Golden, Josey Jewell, O'Daniel, Perryman, Onwuasor, Van Noy, Vince Williams
DB: Reshad Jones, Darby

FKC
All Pro
All Pro

Postby FKC » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:32 pm

RB6 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 pm I think Washington drafts their starter. He's not a guy I'd be targeting.
X2
FKC or subliminally known as KFC
“It’s finger lickin’ good!” -The Colonel
29 Act 5TS 10IR
10 team(0.5 ppr) - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex(WR/RB/TE)(SF in 2024)
Champ '19, '20, ‘21, ‘22
QB: Herbert, Tua, Carr, Ridder, Stroud
RB: D Cook, Barkley, Chubb, Ekeler, Dobbins, K Ingram, Brightwell, C/Z/D Evans, I Spiller, Strong Jr, R Rivers
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, T Hill, Diggs, Pittman, JSN, MT, A Rob, D Johnson, Mingo, Tank D, Hutchinson, Shenault, T Scott
TE: Ertz, Kittle, Waller, Freiermuth
2024 picks: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5