Perine?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Perine?

Postby M-Dub » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:32 pm

I was high on Perine last year. Took him at 1.10 and then subsequently traded him before the season started. His value has definitely dipped, but I’d take him over Breida pretty easily. With Breida, you’d need an injury to McKinnon for him to be any sort of viable fantasy option. At least with Perine, there’s a chance he wins the starting job.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:01 am

I’ve been buying for early 3rd value where I can

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 am

M-Dub wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:32 pm I was high on Perine last year. Took him at 1.10 and then subsequently traded him before the season started. His value has definitely dipped, but I’d take him over Breida pretty easily. With Breida, you’d need an injury to McKinnon for him to be any sort of viable fantasy option. At least with Perine, there’s a chance he wins the starting job.
Matt Jones was the "starter" two years ago. Look how that one ended. People get way too caught in who the "starter" is. Go for talent which in this case is Breida.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 am
M-Dub wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:32 pm I was high on Perine last year. Took him at 1.10 and then subsequently traded him before the season started. His value has definitely dipped, but I’d take him over Breida pretty easily. With Breida, you’d need an injury to McKinnon for him to be any sort of viable fantasy option. At least with Perine, there’s a chance he wins the starting job.
Matt Jones was the "starter" two years ago. Look how that one ended. People get way too caught in who the "starter" is. Go for talent which in this case is Breida.
How do you define “talent”? Breida has superior athletic measurables, I’ll grant you that. But in their rookie seasons, Perine was slightly more productive and significantly more efficient. Combine that with the fact that he has a much clearer path to significant touches and was actually drafted, and it doesn’t seem all that close to me. Don’t get me wrong. Neither player is particularly exciting in the grand scheme of things, but if I’m taking a flyer on an end-of-bench stash, I think Perine offers significantly more upside, which is really all you’re looking for in that type of player.

🦬PRIME🦬
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert

Hull Awaits

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:03 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:49 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 am
How do you define “talent”? Breida has superior athletic measurables, I’ll grant you that. But in their rookie seasons, Perine was slightly more productive and significantly more efficient. Combine that with the fact that he has a much clearer path to significant touches and was actually drafted, and it doesn’t seem all that close to me. Don’t get me wrong. Neither player is particularly exciting in the grand scheme of things, but if I’m taking a flyer on an end-of-bench stash, I think Perine offers significantly more upside, which is really all you’re looking for in that type of player.
Breida --- 4.42 YPC
Perine --- 3.46 YPC

And Perine was aided by two big games and the rest was total garbage. Outside those two games, which still leaves us with 12 games, Perine averaged 3.03 YPC. Breida is a steady hand that could develop given more carries.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:30 pm

I guess I thought most everyone realized by now that YPC is one of the least relevant stats when projecting future success in the NFL. Not all carries are created equal, which is why guys like Kenyan Drake, Alex Collins and Dion Lewis had better YPC last year than Zeke, Bell and Shady.

Perine had more rushing yards last year because he had a higher snap share. I don’t see that changing in 2018, especially after the Niners signed McKinnon, who is now the 4th highest paid RB in the league and basically a far superior version of Breida.

Even in the passing game, which should be where Breida has a distinct advantage, Perine was far more efficient, catching 22 of 24 targets vs. Breida catching 21 of 36. Their receiving yardage was nearly identical and each had one TD through the air.

I’m just not seeing it with Breida. He was a nice story last year, but he’s already been replaced. Even just within the SF backfield, I’d rather take a flyer on Jeremy McNichols or Joe Williams. I think either of those guys has a better opportunity to carve out a role than Breida.

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:31 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:30 pm I guess I thought most everyone realized by now that YPC is one of the least relevant stats when projecting future success in the NFL. Not all carries are created equal, which is why guys like Kenyan Drake, Alex Collins and Dion Lewis had better YPC last year than Zeke, Bell and Shady.

Perine had more rushing yards last year because he had a higher snap share. I don’t see that changing in 2018, especially after the Niners signed McKinnon, who is now the 4th highest paid RB in the league and basically a far superior version of Breida.

Even in the passing game, which should be where Breida has a distinct advantage, Perine was far more efficient, catching 22 of 24 targets vs. Breida catching 21 of 36. Their receiving yardage was nearly identical and each had one TD through the air.

I’m just not seeing it with Breida. He was a nice story last year, but he’s already been replaced. Even just within the SF backfield, I’d rather take a flyer on Jeremy McNichols or Joe Williams. I think either of those guys has a better opportunity to carve out a role than Breida.
Sorry man but I had to stop after that first paragraph. Really?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:37 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:50 pm I think I'd rather have Breida over Perine, though I'd try to sell him to the McKinnon owner for a late 2nd or early 3rd.
As a McKinnon owner, that's an easy decline. Chances are SF brings in some more talent. Doubt Breida is even Fantasy relevant. Replacement level talent, but it is worth a shot. Every owner is different. I think Perine is JAG, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:54 pm

I don't want either, but if I HAD to choose, I would take Perine . . . Breida is a 190 lb runningback who can't pass block and was pretty terrible in the passing game overall last year. I don't like his chances going forward, as sub 200 lb rbs have a really tough time keeping roles in the NFL unless that are outstanding in a certain area(s) and I don't see that in Breida . . . Perine is very uninspiring, but at least has a track towards playing time at the moment. Was legit better than expected in the passing game last year.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Heartwork
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Heartwork » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:14 pm

In my opinion, Perine is Rob Kelly 2.0. As stated before he is a slow powerless plodder.

12 Team PPR| 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Super Flex, 2 WRT | 25 Roster | 4 Taxi

QB: Stroud, Murray, Jimmy G
RB: Walker, Bijan Robinson, Pacheco, Charbonnet, Spiller, Abanikanda, Hull
WR: Dell, M. Brown, Smith-Njigba, Downs, Ross, C. Jones, Austin, Palmer
TE: Laporta, McBride, Woods, Turner, Parham
PS:
IR:
'24 Picks: 1.02, 2.12, 3.02, 5.06
'25 Picks: 2nd, (2) 3rds, (2) 4th, 5th

RolandsTower
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RolandsTower » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:41 am

I definitely think they draft their starter but they may not, and if they don’t Perine is at least better than Rob 1.5 YAC Kelly. They’re both bums but I’d taken Perine over Breida at this point hoping the Skins don’t draft a back early.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:34 am

people are comically low on perine. I haven't the slightest clue why he is vilified but others get excuses made for them constantly.

I would buy him anywhere I could, seems like everyone thinks hes not worth anything but I bet I couldn't send a 3rd for him anywhere, kinda seems like a situation where owners wanna hold and see if he gets a good role rather than sell for cheap a year after spending a 1st on him
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:48 am

Perine is a limited back but is vastly underrated as a pure runner of the football. Doesn't mean Washington won't draft a more well rounded and talented player in this deep draft of RBs but don't sleep on Perine entirely lol. Have you seen what he did as a true freshman at Oklahoma before Mixon arrived? No big deal, he just rushed for 1713 yards and 21 TDs. In the process he broke Melvin Gordon's NCAA single game rushing record. Even with Mixon sharing the backfield in his sophomore and junior year he still finished his college career as Oklahoma's all time leader in rush yards despite coming out his junior year. If you think about it that's pretty impressive considering some of the running backs that have come out of Oklahoma (Adrian Peterson, DeMarco Murray, etc).
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:16 am

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:37 am
M-Dub wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:55 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:09 pm Both Breida and Perine are FAGs :roll:

( formerly a guy)

Queens for a day then gone ...back to handling the mop up duties only
Nothing kills a thread quite like some good, old-fashioned, thinly veiled homophobia.
Ssorry if my tongue in (butt) cheek in you end doh :doh: offended your sensibilities. :liar:

Probably should've gone with an over the top hetero in your face $hot instead of going for a backdoor angle for a laugh.

Our apologies for the sexual overtones that have no place in fantasy football. We regret any pain or hurt we may have caused the GM of the Emily Grey Fan Club franchise
Don’t quit your day job.

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits

joekuhns11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekuhns11 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 am

Update - I traded 1 of my 3 2020 2nds for Perine & L. Murray. I can flip Murray to the Cook owner and recoup a pick this year if i want.
Team #1 (Finished 2nd)
QB - Watson
RB - Hall, Jacobs, Mixon
WR - Tyreek, Jefferson, Chase, Jayden Reed, Godwin, Cooper
TE - Goedert, Kmet
2024 Picks: 1.05, 1.10, 2.01

Team #2 (Finished 1st)
QB - Tua, Pickett
RB - Hall, Barkley, K. Walker, James Cook
WR - Chase, D. Smith, D. Adams, Hopkins, Jameson Williams
TE - Laporta
2024 Picks: None