Carson Wentz trade thoughts

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Carson Wentz trade thoughts

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Thoughts on a deal sending Carson Wentz for D. Henry and the 2018 2.01? My league does have 1 point per 25 yards for qbs/6 points for td's for qb's as well as various bonuses for all positions. Qb's can put up big numbers. Pretty standard points for the other positions. Thoughts?

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Carson Wentz trade thoughts

Postby BradysBunch » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 pm

With the scoring and your lack of a 2nd qb, I am keeping Wentz.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Based on qb scoring big as you say I’d keep wentz

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:07 pm

The value is fine but you can't move Wentz with how your QBs are now.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:58 pm

I don't mind the trade. I'm not too worried about your QB situation because I don't quite think you're ready to compete with those WRs. You can always draft one of the top QBs and hope Trubsiky or the rookie QB become good.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:58 pm I don't mind the trade. I'm not too worried about your QB situation because I don't quite think you're ready to compete with those WRs. You can always draft one of the top QBs and hope Trubsiky or the rookie QB become good.
My thoughts as well. 25yards per point and 6 point QBs isn't all that big and scary for a 1 qb league. We have ours at 20 passing yards/pt and 6pt TDs

Trubisky will be the starting QB for an improved bears team. I think it's worth it to bring in Henry from a scared owner who is underselling. Goddard's point of taking a top rookie QB with that second to help make up for losing Wentz is a good one.

I say make the trade
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:03 am

I'd do that trade.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 am

I know people like to bag on QBs in 1 QB leagues and I'm usually one of them, but elite QBs are a bit of a different story.

Wentz last year was providing a 4-5 point per game advantage over an average mid-level QB1 in my league, and that was only 4 pt pass TD scoring. 4-5 points per game is massive. That's the same as the difference between Kareem Hunt and Duke Johnson. The same as the difference between Travis Kelce and Jack Doyle. The same as the difference between Keenan Allen and Chris Hogan.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 am

Hang onto Wentz.
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 am

Vcize wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 am I know people like to bag on QBs in 1 QB leagues and I'm usually one of them, but elite QBs are a bit of a different story.

Wentz last year was providing a 4-5 point per game advantage over an average mid-level QB1 in my league, and that was only 4 pt pass TD scoring. 4-5 points per game is massive. That's the same as the difference between Kareem Hunt and Duke Johnson. The same as the difference between Travis Kelce and Jack Doyle. The same as the difference between Keenan Allen and Chris Hogan.
I get that and agree, but he's trading Wentz for Henry and the 2.01. If it was just the 2.01 by itself, I'd say walk away now and don't turn back. Henry is worth an early/mid 1st on his own, so trading a QB (even an elite one) for that kind of value isn't selling low.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Goddard wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 am
Vcize wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 am I know people like to bag on QBs in 1 QB leagues and I'm usually one of them, but elite QBs are a bit of a different story.

I get that and agree, but he's trading Wentz for Henry and the 2.01. If it was just the 2.01 by itself, I'd say walk away now and don't turn back. Henry is worth an early/mid 1st on his own, so trading a QB (even an elite one) for that kind of value isn't selling low.
4-5ppg for henry/2.01 is not worth it. Plug Henry/2.01 into those trades above? Would you give henry/2.01 be enough to upgrade Chris Hogan to Keenan Allen? Not likely, but it would have the same effect on your lineup.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Strictly by value I like the Henry side, but its a tough call after seeing rosters. Henry is a nice upgrade over whoever you would start after kamara, mixon, cooper, parker in that last flex spot, and going from Wentz to Trubisky is of course a gap, like mentioned above.

Full PPR dings Henry. Depends a good chunk on how sold you are on Trubisky.

Overall Id say if you make this move you have a couple more to make after it
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:46 pm
Goddard wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 am

4-5ppg for henry/2.01 is not worth it. Plug Henry/2.01 into those trades above? Would you give henry/2.01 be enough to upgrade Chris Hogan to Keenan Allen? Not likely, but it would have the same effect on your lineup.
A lot of people make this argument, but it's not as simple as that. If that's the case, you wouldn't trade Wentz or any other elite QB either unless you're getting an elite RB in return. However, no one is going to trade Zeke, DJ, Gurley, or anyone else near that value for any QB. So I really am curious, what RB would you trade Wentz for in a 1QB league? Henry's current ADP is RB16, right between Howard and Chubb. RB11-14 are CMC, Mixon, Freeman, and Guice. I'm going to assume those RBs wouldn't be enough either since value wise they're probably fairly close or at least shouldn't be separated by much more than the 2.01 that's already included in this offer. So I'm going to assume you would want a top 10 RB if you're trading Wentz or any other RB. I highly doubt anyone is giving up even Melvin Gordon, the RB10 based on ADP, let alone the other guys ranked ahead of him.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:42 pm

QBs are interesting in dynasty, in that they can "arrive" as an elite QB for a year, and then regress back somewhere else the next year and beyond.

Like Matt Ryan in 2016. A year ago, this same conversation would've been about Matt Ryan.

I've seen Stafford "arrive" as a top 3 dynasty QB in startups. I think in 2012 he was drafted accordingly. Rivers has been there too.

Is Wentz going to be more Rivers/Stafford/Ryan, or will he be a Rodgers/Brees/Peyton Manning/Brady type of QB that you can rely on for a decade?

I own Wentz in a few leagues so I sure hope he is a Rodgers/Brees/Peyton type of guy. But I have backup plans in case he isn't.

So the value is fine on your trade.

But I would still be inclined to keep Wentz here unless you have other trades planned.

greenbird
Starter
Starter

Postby greenbird » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Wentz for me