Keenan Allen Vs Davante Adams

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Keenan Allen Vs Davante Adams

Postby Titans95 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:11 am

What is the difference in these two values in rookie picks? A high second? a high first?

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Keenan Allen Vs Davante Adams

Postby HughHoney » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:26 am

I prefer Allen by around 1.03-1.04 but I imagine most have them closer than that.

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 am

Allen by a mid 1st.. 1.04-1.06 range. I do think the gap will be closer next off season but Adams is still a little unproven.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am

Realistically there probably shouldn't be a huge gap, but I too wouldn't move Allen for Adams unless I was getting at least a mid 1st.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:39 am

BelichekYourSelf wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 am Allen by a mid 1st.. 1.04-1.06 range. I do think the gap will be closer next off season but Adams is still a little unproven.
Yeah I think the gap closes a lot next season and I think I like Adams QB situation long term but I can't see the Adams owner giving up anything more than his 2.06. Definitely not his 1.06 so I'm probably going to just have to hang tight

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 am

Allen is better by the 1.10 or so. It's not far off.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am Realistically there probably shouldn't be a huge gap, but I too wouldn't move Allen for Adams unless I was getting at least a mid 1st.
I'm not the biggest Keenan fan but I think the gap is most definitely a middle 1st round pick and until Adams shows that he is more than just a TD threat that shouldn't change. His lack of receptions and yardage relative to other top WR assets is a concern. Granted, he certainly could continue a double digit TD pace...but for how long? I want to see "Dez-like" numbers when he was in the prime of his career if I'm going to consider Adams a top level WR. And Dez only had double-digit TDs for 3 seasons.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 am

I don't think there is a gap at all. If anything I'd prob want something on top of Allen to move my Adams. Adams has much more long term value with Rodgers compared to Allen with Rivers.

Both players are essentially dependent on different stats. Every yr Allen is good he gets about 160 targets (~10 per game), while Adams is propped up by his TD stats.

Everyone says that you can't count on TDs, but the number one WR for Rodgers (averages 35+ TDs per year) is the exception to the rule. Will Allen continue to get such high target volume? Maybe? Hopefully for Allen owners.

It basically comes down to player preference. For me, I'd rather have the WR on the high powered offense.

I wouldn't move Adams strt up for Allen.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:10 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 am I don't think there is a gap at all. If anything I'd prob want something on top of Allen to move my Adams. Adams has much more long term value with Rodgers compared to Allen with Rivers.

Both players are essentially dependent on different stats. Every yr Allen is good he gets about 160 targets (~10 per game), while Adams is propped up by his TD stats.

Everyone says that you can't count on TDs, but the number one WR for Rodgers (averages 35+ TDs per year) is the exception to the rule. Will Allen continue to get such high target volume? Maybe? Hopefully for Allen owners.

It basically comes down to player preference. For me, I'd rather have the WR on the high powered offense.

I wouldn't move Adams strt up for Allen.
Interesting. I don't think its an absurd point of view but I'd happily trade Adams for KA straight up. I think I'd lean to giving up my high 2nd with adams to get KA but as a KA owner I'd like at least a late 1st.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:11 am

skip wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 am
Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am Realistically there probably shouldn't be a huge gap, but I too wouldn't move Allen for Adams unless I was getting at least a mid 1st.
I'm not the biggest Keenan fan but I think the gap is most definitely a middle 1st round pick and until Adams shows that he is more than just a TD threat that shouldn't change. His lack of receptions and yardage relative to other top WR assets is a concern. Granted, he certainly could continue a double digit TD pace...but for how long? I want to see "Dez-like" numbers when he was in the prime of his career if I'm going to consider Adams a top level WR. And Dez only had double-digit TDs for 3 seasons.
To be fair, Dez didn't have a Jordy Nelson in front of him in Dallas. IMO Adams ceiling should be about what Jordy was hitting in his prime, approx 1300 yrds, and 13+ TDs. Now obvs you have to have some faith to forecast that, but Adams has already shown a knack for the endzone, now that he's the main option and his targets go up I think he'll get there...or at least close.

Also wanting a 1st (like pretty much everyone is saying) seems really off to me. Let's just run the numbers a bit, and maybe I can sway some of you guys to the dark side.

In 2017, Adams was WR6 in ppg (10.6 ppg), whereas Allen was WR4 in ppg (11.4 ppg). Call me crazy but I'm not paying a 1st or even a 2nd to jump from WR6 to WR4 and gain a whopping 0.8 fantasy points per week to my starting lineup. NTM Adams numbers/targets should only increase this season now that's the only WR show in town and he'll be playing with Rodgers - not Hundley (like he did for most of last season).

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:23 am

I’m on the Adams side. I think the breakout is coming and there is no way I’d be adding a 1st onto Adams for Allen.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:25 am

I think a late first round added to Adams is about right. Allen is the target hog/reception player and Adams is the TD guy.

The Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Spartans » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 am

There pretty much a toss up to me (I've been trying to acquire Adams more than Allen tho). In current market I'd think Allen is worth late 1st round value more but personally I wouldn't make that deal.
My PPR dynasties (QB/RB/WR/TE/FL):

Under construction...just noticed teams I had shown were very different than where they are now (lots of trading last 12 months). LOL

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:42 am

I prefer Allen and would want a mid 1st added to Adams. But I wouldn't pay that for Adams either.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:57 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:11 am
skip wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 am
To be fair, Dez didn't have a Jordy Nelson in front of him in Dallas. IMO Adams ceiling should be about what Jordy was hitting in his prime, approx 1300 yrds, and 13+ TDs. Now obvs you have to have some faith to forecast that, but Adams has already shown a knack for the endzone, now that he's the main option and his targets go up I think he'll get there...or at least close.

Also wanting a 1st (like pretty much everyone is saying) seems really off to me. Let's just run the numbers a bit, and maybe I can sway some of you guys to the dark side.

In 2017, Adams was WR6 in ppg (10.6 ppg), whereas Allen was WR4 in ppg (11.4 ppg). Call me crazy but I'm not paying a 1st or even a 2nd to jump from WR6 to WR4 and gain a whopping 0.8 fantasy points per week to my starting lineup. NTM Adams numbers/targets should only increase this season now that's the only WR show in town and he'll be playing with Rodgers - not Hundley (like he did for most of last season).
Based on those numbers you must be talking non-ppr. The gap certainly closes some in that format as Allen should have a solid advantage in receptions whereas Adams will likely catch more TDs. I think most of us were discussing value in PPR like the OP’s league.