Julio , MT Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Julio , MT Trade

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:00 pm

For team 1 should I offer
Julio , Parker , Collins
For
M.Thomas
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Julio , MT Trade

Postby Ravenous » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 pm

it looks like your team is ready to compete now. is there an RB that you could get for that package? i think the points you are getting this year would probably be equal or less from julio to M.thomas...parker and collins are upside guys but not guaranteed anything.

edit** looks like you really like Bell Drake and Ajayi, not sure that your depth behind Bell is solid.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:45 pm

I think you could ask for a bit more considering Parkers "potential". I would try to get another TE.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Ravenous wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 pm it looks like your team is ready to compete now. is there an RB that you could get for that package? i think the points you are getting this year would probably be equal or less from julio to M.thomas...parker and collins are upside guys but not guaranteed anything.

edit** looks like you really like Bell Drake and Ajayi, not sure that your depth behind Bell is solid.
Yeah I love Bell , Ajayi , Drake not trying to move or improve them at all them 3 are staying in my lineup all year lol , I really do like Collins a lot he looked real good last year and should get 20 carries a game and know sending Julio , Collins , Parker is a big overpay for MT but sometimes that's what you have to do to get younger.

tbh I don't even know if he will accept them 3 for MT I haven't sent it yet I figured I had enough RB depth with 5 starting RBs ( I think Bell , Drake , Ajayi , Collins are going to be real good and CJA will all start wherever he goes maybe Indy) , I am worried about moving 2 WRs for 1 though I don't trust my #4 WR JMatt , M.Williams or White if I move Parker.

Maybe I'll try to figure something out without giving Parker , Something like Julio , Collins for a younger WR I just hate trading guys I like a lot when their values are low like Collins and Parker , OR I could move a RB and JMatt for a little WR upgrade
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Yes, but I'm very low on Parker and not too high on Collins, so I don't see them as being anything more than throw-ins.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:16 pm Yes, but I'm very low on Parker and not too high on Collins, so I don't see them as being anything more than throw-ins.
Really a 25 year old WR1 on his team and a 23 RB1 on his team are throw ins to you ?
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:22 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:20 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:16 pm Yes, but I'm very low on Parker and not too high on Collins, so I don't see them as being anything more than throw-ins.
Really a 25 year old WR1 on his team and a 23 RB1 on his team are throw ins to you ?
In a trade involving studs, yes. And I'm not sure those two will be the starters once the season begins.

Terrance William's is currently the WR1 on the Cowboys, but that doesn't mean anything.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:22 pm
In a trade involving studs, yes. And I'm not sure those two will be the starters once the season begins.

Terrance William's is currently the WR1 on the Cowboys, but that doesn't mean anything.
Collins was a top 10 RB last year when he became the starter I think he easily the starter there come this year , And people are down on Parker but he didn't do as bad as people think with the QB he had , playing behind Landry and hurt he still had in a 16 game projected season around 75-900 , He started off really good first 3 weeks he played when he was healthy he was WR13 just got hurt and cluster F at QB killed his season
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 pm

I'd need something back along with Thomas
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Collins was a top 10 RB last year when he became the starter I think he easily the starter there come this year , And people are down on Parker but he didn't do as bad as people think with the QB he had , playing behind Landry and hurt he still had in a 16 game projected season around 75-900 , He started off really good first 3 weeks he played when he was healthy he was WR13 just got hurt and cluster F at QB killed his season
If i was in your league, I would love to sell you a "25 year old WR1" and a "23 RB1" right now. That 25 year old WR1...is waiting on a 4th year breakout. No thanks, at least not for any sort of premium value. I still think Stills out-produces Parker this year.

That 23 year old RB1 is on a team that hasn't had a stable backfield, he was a castoff from Seattle, and got called up from the practice squad due to injuries. I am with you though, he looked really good. However, the Ravens have capital invested in Dixon (who also looked really good when given a chance in his rookie year). I also wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens draft another RB in the 3rd or 4th round that will further cloud the situation.

If they are your guys, and you believe in them, go for it. I just can't count the number of times I've been burned in startup drafts or trades going into the season with guys all based on hype or first crack at a starting role.

I think both are good players, and have potential like others have said. However, they are throw ins/holds until after the draft and then they have to prove their worth by continuing to produce/hold the job.

Last thought: trying to get younger is fine. If you are competing though, which it looks like your team should be, getting younger may not be the best way to take advantage of your window.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Ravenous wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 pm
If i was in your league, I would love to sell you a "25 year old WR1" and a "23 RB1" right now. That 25 year old WR1...is waiting on a 4th year breakout. No thanks, at least not for any sort of premium value. I still think Stills out-produces Parker this year.

That 23 year old RB1 is on a team that hasn't had a stable backfield, he was a castoff from Seattle, and got called up from the practice squad due to injuries. I am with you though, he looked really good. However, the Ravens have capital invested in Dixon (who also looked really good when given a chance in his rookie year). I also wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens draft another RB in the 3rd or 4th round that will further cloud the situation.

If they are your guys, and you believe in them, go for it. I just can't count the number of times I've been burned in startup drafts or trades going into the season with guys all based on hype or first crack at a starting role.

I think both are good players, and have potential like others have said. However, they are throw ins/holds until after the draft and then they have to prove their worth by continuing to produce/hold the job.

Last thought: trying to get younger is fine. If you are competing though, which it looks like your team should be, getting younger may not be the best way to take advantage of your window.
I don't see it like that I see Balt RB situation the same as Chi. is , Got Howard the 2 down back (oh and was a 5th round pick) and Cohen the 3rd down back just like Collins is the 2 down back and Dixon the 3rd down back.. Howard wasn't anything special coming out of college and look where he is a top 10-15 RB now and tbh Collins looked a lot better than him I'm not scared of them drafting some flier in the 3rd round or later.

Parker I can understand everyone getting sick of waiting but tbh other than these real big time studs WRs take 3 years to breakout I mean Parker did ok last year for a banged up 12 games with Cutler , But to me he didn't get a chance to breakout now is his do or die but we all know the talent he has just needs to stay healthy and get his bleep together and I think this is the year.

To me these guys aren't throw ins I think they are both worth a 1st I think Parkers ADP is early 1st and Collins late 1st , I would take Parker over almost any WR in the draft and maybe 3 RBs over Collins.

My projection for them are high I know
Collins gets 275 carries , 1200-1300 rushing yards , 6-8 TDs , 40 catches , 300 receiving yards and he did prove last year when he started he can do it.
Parkers gets 140 targets , 85 catches , 1100 yards , 7 TDs and other than the TDs that's not a crazy amount away from his 2017 16 game projections when he had Cutler and Landry there.
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Postby Hahaclintondix » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Gotta respect the “should I offer this?” question and immediately argue every point made telling you it’s probably not enough. Unless the MT owner is a contender with depth/youth issues at RB and WR (highly unlikely if they’re contending) this is getting rejected.

An early first valuation on Parker is absolutely ludicrous. So are your projections for both. If you can swindle the Thomas owner into this trade then great. You nailed it. Expect to be shot down.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 pm
Ravenous wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 pm

I don't see it like that I see Balt RB situation the same as Chi. is , Got Howard the 2 down back (oh and was a 5th round pick) and Cohen the 3rd down back just like Collins is the 2 down back and Dixon the 3rd down back.. Howard wasn't anything special coming out of college and look where he is a top 10-15 RB now and tbh Collins looked a lot better than him I'm not scared of them drafting some flier in the 3rd round or later.

Parker I can understand everyone getting sick of waiting but tbh other than these real big time studs WRs take 3 years to breakout I mean Parker did ok last year for a banged up 12 games with Cutler , But to me he didn't get a chance to breakout now is his do or die but we all know the talent he has just needs to stay healthy and get his bleep together and I think this is the year.

To me these guys aren't throw ins I think they are both worth a 1st I think Parkers ADP is early 1st and Collins late 1st , I would take Parker over almost any WR in the draft and maybe 3 RBs over Collins.

My projection for them are high I know
Collins gets 275 carries , 1200-1300 rushing yards , 6-8 TDs , 40 catches , 300 receiving yards and he did prove last year when he started he can do it.
Parkers gets 140 targets , 85 catches , 1100 yards , 7 TDs and other than the TDs that's not a crazy amount away from his 2017 16 game projections when he had Cutler and Landry there.
With those projections, why even trade Parker for MT, let alone add a stud RB like Collins and throw in Julio on top? Seems like a major overpay.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Hahaclintondix wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 pm Gotta respect the “should I offer this?” question and immediately argue every point made telling you it’s probably not enough. Unless the MT owner is a contender with depth/youth issues at RB and WR (highly unlikely if they’re contending) this is getting rejected.

An early first valuation on Parker is absolutely ludicrous. So are your projections for both. If you can swindle the Thomas owner into this trade then great. You nailed it. Expect to be shot down.
What do you mean almost everyone said Julio , Parker , Collins is to much for M.Thomas.. I did offer Julio , Collins it was turned down ONLY reason I would offer more than Julio for M.Thomas is I have the depth at RB to lose one of them , Having Julio and AJG I was just looking to get a little younger without losing to much at WR.

Can't argue with ADPs Parker is going around the 1.03 in almost every ranking but most people on the forums are way to high on picks I have noticed.
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 pm

This is where I’m at.

It’s equal in my eyes. Julio should give you a little more upside but MT will hold his value and allow for some flexibility with trades.