SUPERFLEX TE PREM Wentz, Ertz vs. Goff, Engram+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side?

Wentz/Ertz
69%
Goff/Engram+
31%

Total votes: 26

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SUPERFLEX TE PREM Wentz, Ertz vs. Goff, Engram+

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:03 pm

I'm not involved in this. Posting for another owner in the league of team 2 in my sig. It is a contract league where players become free agents available for bidding by the entire league when their contract expires.

SUPERFLEX, PPR, TE PREM (1.5) $500 cap.

Wentz (3 years $10), Ertz (3 year $35)
or
Goff (2 years $10), Engram (3 years $10), Josh Gordon (2 years $10), 1.07

Which side do you like more?

I'm on the Wentz/Ertz side. That extra year of control from Wentz to Goff is huge to me because top QBs go for insane prices in free agency Drew Brees went for $62...
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

Badger
Role Player
Role Player

Re: SUPERFLEX TE PREM Wentz, Ertz vs. Goff, Engram+

Postby Badger » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Wentz/Ertz pretty handily IMO
12 Team, Half PPR, 20 Man Rosters
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex

Ben R, Mayfield, Burrow, Carr
Saquon, Aaron Jones, Penny, Breida, K Vaughn, Tevin
Keenan, JuJu, ARob, Golladay, Ruggs, Dede, Hollywood, Gallup
Kelce, Fant

2020 Picks 1, 2, 3

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:14 pm

I’d take the Wentz/Ertz side also, but overall its a fair offer. The 1.07 is a valuable pick in Superflex as you are guaranteed either a top-3RB, top-3QB, or the top wideout. Josh Gordon is a complete gamble, as that could be wasted cap money or a decent investment. I don’t think we will ever see 2013Flash again, so to me its kind of meh. Engram at $10 a year is a good deal too, but Ertz is in a more stable situation tied to a young elite passer.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Wentz side for me too. The Ertz contract isn't as good as some of those other contracts, but he's still worth more than Engram. And 3 years of Wentz compared to 2 years of Goff isn't close at all.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:19 pm

While I like Wentz a fair amount more than Goff, the 1.07+Gordon makes up for that gap. The 1.07 in this format is going to be plenty valuable. I'll consider the TEs pretty even. Ertz may outscore Engram by a little bit but at 3x the price, that's steep.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Wentz and goff are close. Engram is better than ertz and has a much better contract. Gordon is trash but the 1.07 makes it a big win for that side. I don't think it's close.

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:03 pm Engram is better than ertz
Care to elaborate? That’s a pretty hot take

fantasysportsavvy101
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fantasysportsavvy101 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Wentz and Ertz all the way.

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:48 am

the 2 best players in this trade are Wentz and Ertz....but i can see how the 1.7 and JG make this a fair trade either way. guess it depends on team need.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:11 am

I took Wentz / Ertz side but didn't even notice the 1.07 till after if voted. That makes it much closer! Don't understand how anyone can say anything along the lines of "by a fair bit" when picking. This is pretty even imo.

And I too would love to hear the logic behind "Engram is better than Ertz". I'm not saying it's wrong, but i'd love to hear the reasoning as to why at this point, esp after the season Ertz just came off. Is this more salary related in this trade scenario?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 am

The part that I think isn't close at all is the QBs. Not only is Wentz already a top 3 asset in a SF, but you're getting him for dirt cheap and an extra year on top of Goff. The gap there is much larger than any gap with the rest of this offer, and I'm not even sure there's much of a gap between the rest. Ertz is probably worth around Engram and Gordon, so while the 1.07 is left out, that doesn't cover the huge gap I mentioned between the QBs.

I'm going to assume Wilson and Rodgers are much more expensive than Wentz and have no idea how many years they have on their contracts. With Wentz' contract, he's probably the most valuable piece in the entire league.

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:26 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 am The part that I think isn't close at all is the QBs. Not only is Wentz already a top 3 asset in a SF, but you're getting him for dirt cheap and an extra year on top of Goff. The gap there is much larger than any gap with the rest of this offer, and I'm not even sure there's much of a gap between the rest. Ertz is probably worth around Engram and Gordon, so while the 1.07 is left out, that doesn't cover the huge gap I mentioned between the QBs.

I'm going to assume Wilson and Rodgers are much more expensive than Wentz and have no idea how many years they have on their contracts. With Wentz' contract, he's probably the most valuable piece in the entire league.
I have Rodgers on a 4 year $45 contract and Wilson has 4 years $50. I completely agree though. The gap between Wentz and Goff is huge with that extra year. Basically in 2 years Goff is going to have a $55-65 contract. Hell Adam Thielen just went for $61 a few days ago in free agency which was insane.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:33 am

BelichekYourSelf wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:26 am
Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 am The part that I think isn't close at all is the QBs. Not only is Wentz already a top 3 asset in a SF, but you're getting him for dirt cheap and an extra year on top of Goff. The gap there is much larger than any gap with the rest of this offer, and I'm not even sure there's much of a gap between the rest. Ertz is probably worth around Engram and Gordon, so while the 1.07 is left out, that doesn't cover the huge gap I mentioned between the QBs.

I have Rodgers on a 4 year $45 contract and Wilson has 4 years $50. I completely agree though. The gap between Wentz and Goff is huge with that extra year. Basically in 2 years Goff is going to have a $55-65 contract. Hell Adam Thielen just went for $61 a few days ago in free agency which was insane.
That's pretty crazy. I can't imagine there would be a bigger bargain than Wentz in that case. Heck, if those are the contracts for some of those other players, not sure I'd move Wentz alone for all of that. Would need a huge overpay.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:46 am

Bisquiteen Trisket wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:03 pm Engram is better than ertz
Care to elaborate? That’s a pretty hot take
Engram is a superior athlete and is a lot faster than Ertz. Look at their careers, it took Ertz a few years to get going. Engram just put together a huge rookie season and still looked raw. He'll take over as the TE1 in the next 2-3 years once Kelce's injuries and concussions start catching up to him.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:22 am

why people make their own polls extremely misleading is beyond me

josh gordon and a 1.07 are not minimal gap closers to me
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp