Thoughts on the state of this team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MayfieldOfDreams
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Thoughts on the state of this team

Postby MayfieldOfDreams » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:47 am

12 team 0.5 PPR (Edit: Starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST)
QB: C. Newton, A. Dalton
RB: L. Fournette, C. Hyde, J. Allen, A. Abdullah, C. Clement, TJ Yeldon, D. Foreman
WR: M. Evans, A. Robinson, C. Kupp, P. Richardson, J. Doctson, T. Lockett, Trent Taylor, Z. Jones, T. Boyd, M. Mitchell
TE: T. Burton, J. Doyle
DST: Texans, Lions

Picks 1.03, 2.10, 3.03

It's the first year of a start up so I don't know how I'll be performing. Gonna try to shore up my QBs and RBs with the rookie draft.
Last edited by MayfieldOfDreams on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Thoughts on the state of this team

Postby Generic Username » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 am

Unless this is a superflex, your QBs aren't of concern. The 1.03 gets you a good RB this year, or sell for a lesser RB and a drop back in the 1st. After that you can work on WR. Team looks middle of the pack with arrow pointing up

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 am

take rb at 1.03 and then shots on wr with the other picks. qb isnt a bad idea with this class and in a 1 qb league the 2.10 should get you a top 2 or 3 option
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

lilsoapjetski
Rookie
Rookie

Postby lilsoapjetski » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 am

I would definitely draft best RB available at 1.03, unless you can sell it for top tier RB. Don't know the starting requirements but I'd say you're good at WR assuming you start 2-3. I'd say you have a good shot at sneaking into the playoffs barring no injury setbacks
Team 1: 12 Team PPR IDP League: Start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 2TE 2FLEX 2 DL 2 LB 2 DB 2 FLEX 40 Man Rosters
QB: Rodgers, Winston, Tyrod, Lamar Jackson
RB: Mixon, Foreman, D. Booker, Alfred Morris, Ivory, Nick Chubb, Chase Edmonds, Mike Gillislee, Itto Smith
WR: OBJ, Funchess, Tate, John Ross, Phillip Dorsett, Antonio Calloway, Jordan Lasley
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Butt, RSJ,
DL: Bosa, J.J. Watt, Danielle Hunter, Dante Fowler
LB: Alec Olgletree, Sean Lee, Raekwon McMillian, Darius Leonard,
DB: Landon Collins, Kenny Vaccaro, Josh Jones, Jabrill Peppers

Team 2: 12 PPR SuperFlex: Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SuperFlex, 2 Flex 25 Man Rosters
QB: Russell Wilson, Blake Bortles, Andy Dalton, Chad Kelly, Nathan Peterman
RB: Zeke, Bell, D. Booker, Jamaal Williams, T.J. Yeldon, Tavon Austin, Chase Edmonds, Alfred Blue, Chris Warren
WR: AJ Green, Golden Tate, Fitz, Godwin, Chris Hogan, Desean Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Jordan Lasley, Javon Wims, Deon Cain
TE: Kyle Rudolph, Austin Hooper, Butt

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:50 am

I say take RB at 1.03, and if at 2.10 there are 3 of the top 5 QB's left take best WR or RB if one falls and then QB at 3.03. Now if there was a run and you only have 1 of the top 5 QB's I would take it at 2.10. This seams like the year you want to solidify your young QB.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 pm

I think you can use some better depth at RB and WR and not sure who your flex would be right now, but the 1.03 can help with that. Your starters are strong enough to help you compete.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm

I concur with the thoughts in the other posts. I also would monitor your bench players that start to do well and look to package a couple for an upgrade during the season. You have quite a few RBs and WRs who have a chance to increase their value with playing time. With short starting reqs, the more top players the better.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:48 pm

I would give RBs a big big value boost in this league.

Not only does the .5PPR give them a boost, but leagues where you only start 2 to 3 receivers, that devalues the mid level WR depth as well.

Definitely grab a RB at 1.3.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading your 2 2nd round pics to move up if the right RB falls into the beginning of round 2 as well.