Move the 5th Overall or Take BPA?? Plus 2 Other Questions

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Move the 5th Overall or Take BPA?? Plus 2 Other Questions

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:24 am

I currently have the 5th overall pick and I am kind of torn as to what to do with it. After numerous failed attempts to trade up for one of the running backs I really want Chubb or Guice it appears I am in a quandary. Do I hold on to the 5th pick and take the best available player which looks to be Ronald Jones III or try and trade back? Should I even target a running back? Below is my team:

10 Team PPR Dynasty League: 27 player roster
1 Qb, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE), K, DST
QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Jared Goff
RB: Todd Gurley, Mark Ingram, Jay Ajay, Austin Ekleler, Aaron Jones, Adrian Peterson
WR: TY Hilton, , Jarvis Landry, JuJu Smith-Shuster, Nelson Agholor, Chris Godwin, Curtis Samuel, Robby Anderson, Kevin White, Mack Hollins, Laquon Treadwell, Dede Westbrook, Paul Richardson, Cordarrelle Patterson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Trey Burton,
K: Justin Tucker
DST: Carolina, Tennessee

I am also looking to cut some players so any advice on that would be great!
Potential cut list need to cut two or three:
Austin Ekleler (not sure what to do with this guy)
Adrian Peterson
Kevin White (at least going to keep through training camp to see what happens)
Mack Hollins
Laquon Treadwell
Dede Westbrook
Paul Richardson
Cordarrelle Patterson
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
Trey Burton

Is Brandon Marshall worth picking up off waivers?
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
Qb Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
TE George Kittle, Darren Waller, Pat Freiermuth
K Justin Tucker
Def/St Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers

Possibly competitive team
QB: DeShaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Cj Stroud
RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka
TE: Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz, Darren Waller, Tucker Kraft
D/St: Bills, Bucs

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Move the 5th Overall or Take BPA?? Plus 2 Other Questions

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 am

Hollins and AP are teh two easy cuts for me, saying that I'd try and move it as picks are worse so much this year

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:40 am

It is far to early in the off-season to consider cutting bait on the 1.05. Slow your roll and wait for the draft to see what happens. It's entirely possible you'll receive quick clarity at that point.

Not all draft picks will continue to mature in value, but I feel confident 1.05 is at the lowest 'value' standpoint it will be at moving forward. After the draft if you still feel the way you do now, find someone in love with a WR and capitalize.
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:41 am

I would take BPA at 5, these rankings will change after the NFL draft when landing spots are known. Having to only start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex makes their value about the same, most leagues start more WR than RB.

Ekleler move him to the Gordon owner for a later pick or make a pick swap with that owner?

I would cut Patterson, Pederson, and Hollins. They are about worthless in 10 team league.

Marshall is more valueble than the three names above but not a starter in 10 team league. You need STUDS in a thin league, not bunch of WR4/WR5 types.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:53 am

patterson hollins AP would be my cuts

there should be a guy at 5 you like based on landing spot and seemingly immediate chance to produce.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 am

I'd either take the best player available at 5 or trade the pick for a WR. I think your RBs are good enough to compete with if you're set everywhere else. You have some good WRs, but lacking a true WR1. Maybe adding the 1.05 to another WR can get you an nice upgrade, or just use the pick on someone like DT/Baldwin and even get something back in return.

As for your drops, I wouldn't have any issues with dropping AP, White, and Patterson. I also wouldn't waste a roster spot on Marshall.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 am

My preference with picks in the middle 1st like that is to continually move down. The likelihood on hitting with 1 shot there is much lower than a move down for multiple pieces. You can probably move down to 1.08-1.09 and add a 2nd round pick or productive piece. Then I look at making the same move again down a couple of spots. Rarely do I end up making draft picks in the 1st round. I do not make these moves in advance of the draft but rather during it when owners will make emotion-based decisions.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think holding the fifth pick until draft time is the best move.
Goddard wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 am I'd either take the best player available at 5 or trade the pick for a WR. I think your RBs are good enough to compete with if you're set everywhere else. You have some good WRs, but lacking a true WR1. Maybe adding the 1.05 to another WR can get you an nice upgrade, or just use the pick on someone like DT/Baldwin and even get something back in return.

As for your drops, I wouldn't have any issues with dropping AP, White, and Patterson. I also wouldn't waste a roster spot on Marshall.
Well there was discussions with the OBJ owner about sending the fifth and two 2019 firsts for OBJ. The ball is in his court to make a decision. If he accepts awesome if not oh well. I am thinking about trading Ingram to pick up a 2019 1st and 2019 2nd from what projects to be the worst team in the league for the third straight year.
skip wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 am My preference with picks in the middle 1st like that is to continually move down. The likelihood on hitting with 1 shot there is much lower than a move down for multiple pieces. You can probably move down to 1.08-1.09 and add a 2nd round pick or productive piece. Then I look at making the same move again down a couple of spots. Rarely do I end up making draft picks in the 1st round. I do not make these moves in advance of the draft but rather during it when owners will make emotion-based decisions.
I will see if I can make that strategy work because I am looking at a couple of WRs who will be there in the second (St. Brown and Chark).
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
K Justin Tucker

RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:40 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:53 am patterson hollins AP would be my cuts

there should be a guy at 5 you like based on landing spot and seemingly immediate chance to produce.
Thanks for the advice. I like Ronald Jones but i am probably being to nit picky with the pick.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:04 am

Hold the pick until you are in the clock. If you want to have discussions, go ahead. Tell them that you are willing to trade if your guy is gone. You may get an offer you can't turn down before the draft even.

I agree with the posts above who to drop..and no need to pick up Marshall.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst