Grade My SF team -STARTUP

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Grade My SF team -STARTUP

Postby jp4703 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 am

So I'm still in the middle of my startup SF draft, but I wanted to see what you guys think about the team I've built.

Please let me know where you may think I need to improve.

Currently done with 21/28 rounds.

Starting:
1 Quarterback
2 Running Backs
3 Wide Receivers
1 Tight End
1 Superflex Player (QB/RB/WR/TE)
2 Flex Players (RB/WR/TE)
18 Bench Spots

12 teams, 1PPR, 6pts TD, -4 INT.

QB: A.Rodgers, R. Wilson, D. Prescott
RB: K. Drake, Duke Johnson, L. Miller, A. Collins, TJ. Yeldon, B. Powell, B. Scarbrough
WR: A. Thielen, J. Landry, D. Baldwin, C. Kupp, N. Agholor, K. Stills, M. Sanu, T. Lockett, A. Miller(Rookie), D. Cain(Rookie)
TE: J. Graham, G. Olsen

I know my RB's are weak but I didn't draft RB's till really late. I drafted Henry in the 3rd round but regretted it and ended up trading him for a 6th and 8th round pick which turned into Dak and Kupp. I'm also going to try and get a rookie TE before the draft ends.

I'm also looking to trade Dak, but since this is my first SuperFlex league I'm not sure how to value him. I'd like to trade him for a Rookie 2018 QB + a little more. How should I gauge Dak's his value?
16 team - 42rosters - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1PK, 3DE/DL, 2DB, 2LB, 1DFLEX
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford.
RB: L. Bell, D. Cook, J. Conner, M. Sanders, A. Blue, J. Ajayi, A. Barnes.
WR: M. Thomas, A.J. Green, J. Jones, C. Godwin, Z. Jones, J. Reynolds, K. Kirkwood, J. Moore, J. Hurd, T. Benjamin.
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Smith, M. Andrews, D. Waller, J. Sternberger.
K: M. Badgley.
DB: L. Collins, J. Johnson, J. Tart, C. Geathers, M. Blair.
DL: C. Dunlap, D. Barnett, J. Casey, B. Graham, G. McCoy, J. Allen.
LB: T. Whitehead, J. Hicks, J. Collins, J. Brown, K. White, G. Avery, C. Barton, B. Cashman, J. Ryan, J. Tavai, Q. Williams.
Picks:
2020: 2, 4, 4, 5
2021: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

jnappy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Grade My SF team -STARTUP

Postby jnappy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:40 am

Well your QBs are obviously very solid, and your RBs need some work but that's fine. I'd definitely look to stash a couple young upside TEs if you can (Everett, Shaheen, Jonnu, any of the top 3 rookies). WR's are in great shape for taking QBs early as well!

As far as Dak's value goes, you just did a startup, so that's where everyone is going to be valuing their guys. Look for who went around him when you picked for a 1-for-1 or look a couple rounds later for a 2-for-1.
[Team 1] 2015 - 6th | 2016 - 12th | 2017 - 3rd | 2018 - 1st! | 2019 - 3rd | 2020 - 5th
Hometown league
Jimmy GQ
32 team full PPR/IDP - 1TMQB/1RB/1WR/1TE/1FLEX/1TMPK/1DL/1LB/1DB
TMQB: 49ers
RB: Kamara, DJ, Hines, JJack
WR: ARob, Mooney, Myers, JGrant
TE: Goedert, Kroft, Keene
TMPK: 49ers
DL: JPP
LB: Oluokun, Shaq Thompson
DB: Poyer
2021 picks: 1.26, 2.26, 3.26
2022 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jp4703 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 am

jnappy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:40 am Well your QBs are obviously very solid, and your RBs need some work but that's fine. I'd definitely look to stash a couple young upside TEs if you can (Everett, Shaheen, Jonnu, any of the top 3 rookies). WR's are in great shape for taking QBs early as well!

As far as Dak's value goes, you just did a startup, so that's where everyone is going to be valuing their guys. Look for who went around him when you picked for a 1-for-1 or look a couple rounds later for a 2-for-1.
This league doesn't seem to value QB's according to SF. Dak was the 7-8th QB off the board in round 6, and a lot of people didn't take QB's till late.

I guess I'll have to wait till the season starts and everyone starts valuing QB's more to trade him.
WR: M. Thomas, A.J. Green, J. Jones, C. Godwin, Z. Jones, J. Reynolds, K. Kirkwood, J. Moore, J. Hurd, T. Benjamin.
LB: T. Whitehead, J. Hicks, J. Collins, J. Brown, K. White, G. Avery, C. Barton, B. Cashman, J. Ryan, J. Tavai, Q. Williams.
Picks:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 am

Love the QBs and with that scoring, they'll help you be a playoff team regardless of what the rest of your roster looks like. Your RBs aren't great, but can be serviceable if two of Drake, DJ, Miller, and Collins can put up RB2 numbers. They might also have some in-season value and you can trade them for picks if you're not competing right away. Your top 3 WRs are good, but you're lacking a stud. Baldwin is up there in age and Thielen will be 28 by the start of the season. If you're not competing by mid-season, I'd look to package those two for an upgrade. Overall I think you have a playoff team, just not sure you have enough depth or "studs" outside of your QBs to be truly competitive. I do think you have plenty to build on though and can turn this team into a competitor fairly quickly.

jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jp4703 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:20 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 am Love the QBs and with that scoring, they'll help you be a playoff team regardless of what the rest of your roster looks like. Your RBs aren't great, but can be serviceable if two of Drake, DJ, Miller, and Collins can put up RB2 numbers. They might also have some in-season value and you can trade them for picks if you're not competing right away. Your top 3 WRs are good, but you're lacking a stud. Baldwin is up there in age and Thielen will be 28 by the start of the season. If you're not competing by mid-season, I'd look to package those two for an upgrade. Overall I think you have a playoff team, just not sure you have enough depth or "studs" outside of your QBs to be truly competitive. I do think you have plenty to build on though and can turn this team into a competitor fairly quickly.
From my stand point it looks like I have one of the better teams in the league. The guys who took studs traded up for them and lost a lot of depth. Some owners stacked up on rookies early so they really don't have great lineups for this year coming up. It was honestly a weird draft with a lot of trading. I had to trade away my 2019 1st and 2nd just to make sure I can build some depth. Depth wise I would say I have the most depth in the league, stud wise outside of my QB's I don't have much. But I picked up WR's that are PPR friendly so hopefully that helps since this league is 1PPR.
Picks:

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:48 am

I think you hold Dak. Someone will need a QB and you can sell him then. Or you keep him if you cant get a rookie qb. Having 3 QB's in a SF is important IMO.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Looks good to me. The more QBs you can roster, the better. RBs aren't the greatest but you can address them in next year's draft as well.

Mrowmix
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mrowmix » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Those are three solid QBs. Dak is a hold until the season. Wait until he goes on a hot streak and for a team to be in desperate need of one. That's when you sell and get your stud RB or WR and an underperforming young QB.

jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jp4703 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 am

Mrowmix wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 pm Those are three solid QBs. Dak is a hold until the season. Wait until he goes on a hot streak and for a team to be in desperate need of one. That's when you sell and get your stud RB or WR and an underperforming young QB.
Yeah I think this might be the best bet.
Picks:

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 am

Your team looks good, like others have said, just a little weak at RB but you can figure that out later on. One other thing about Dak, he has such a safe floor, due to his running ability, that he’s worth a lot in superflex plus he doesn’t throw a lot of interceptions so with it being -4 for those, he’s a very safe player to own with those settings.

jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jp4703 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:17 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 am Your team looks good, like others have said, just a little weak at RB but you can figure that out later on. One other thing about Dak, he has such a safe floor, due to his running ability, that he’s worth a lot in superflex plus he doesn’t throw a lot of interceptions so with it being -4 for those, he’s a very safe player to own with those settings.
If you were selling Dak in a SF which RB's or WR's would you ask for? It's hard for me to tell how much QB's are really valued since this is my first SF league. It was really tough going QB back to back first and second rounds while everyone was going RB/WR.
Picks: