Carlos Hyde

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Carlos Hyde

Postby HawkeyeState » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Hey gang.
Carlos Hyde truther and owner here.

What is everyone doing with Hyde? Practically every mock draft on the planet has Barkley going to the Browns at 4, and I like Hyde, think he's been undervalued for most of his career in fantasy, but Barkley would tank Hyde's fantasy potential/production for the next 1-2 seasons.
I suppose the 1 saving grace is Hyde is kind of on a glorified 1 year deal so if Barkley does go to Cleveland and is the stud we all think he is, Hyde could be a cut candidate this time next year.

I just feel like Browns have so many needs and they gave Hyde the 12th most RB money in the league on average, why would they spend a top 4 pick on a RB? This is the deepest class in years at RB and the odds of the top 3 going all QB are super high (Giants either take a QB or trade down IMO and team coming up takes QB anyway). They could get Darnold/Allen and Bradley Chubb to be opposite Garrett and be a young dynamo!

So, are you selling him in anticipation that Hyde goes there? What would you take for him?
Are you holding and praying?
Are you buying cheaply and at what price thinking that they won't draft Barkley?
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Carlos Hyde

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:12 pm

They won't take Barkley. Dorsey is smarter than that. QB at 1 then either Chubb at 4 or move down and get a bunch of picks from the Bills or Patriots.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:19 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:12 pm They won't take Barkley. Dorsey is smarter than that. QB at 1 then either Chubb at 4 or move down and get a bunch of picks from the Bills or Patriots.
This is what I believe will happen as well.
But when everyone on NFL Network or ESPN seems to think Barkley to Browns at 4 is a guarantee, it wears down your belief of it when I can't be plugged into NFL sources and all that like those guys are.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:26 pm

HawkeyeState wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:09 pm Hey gang.
Carlos Hyde truther and owner here.

What is everyone doing with Hyde? Practically every mock draft on the planet has Barkley going to the Browns at 4, and I like Hyde, think he's been undervalued for most of his career in fantasy, but Barkley would tank Hyde's fantasy potential/production for the next 1-2 seasons.
I suppose the 1 saving grace is Hyde is kind of on a glorified 1 year deal so if Barkley does go to Cleveland and is the stud we all think he is, Hyde could be a cut candidate this time next year.

I just feel like Browns have so many needs and they gave Hyde the 12th most RB money in the league on average, why would they spend a top 4 pick on a RB? This is the deepest class in years at RB and the odds of the top 3 going all QB are super high (Giants either take a QB or trade down IMO and team coming up takes QB anyway). They could get Darnold/Allen and Bradley Chubb to be opposite Garrett and be a young dynamo!

So, are you selling him in anticipation that Hyde goes there? What would you take for him?
Are you holding and praying?
Are you buying cheaply and at what price thinking that they won't draft Barkley?

It doesn't make sense to me that they sign Hyde to that much money if they were planning to take Barkley. Why do that if you're gonna take Barkley? I think they're going to draft their QB then trade out of the 4th. I'm a Hyde owner so maybe this is just me having wishful thinking, but if I didn't own him, I'd probably be buying cheap.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:49 pm

He should be a hold/buy right now. I also doubt Barkley goes to Cleveland.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I think Hyde is a hold too. The two shares that I have, I’m holding for sure. Initially, I thought the Browns would go with Barkley or should anyway but after signing Hyde, I would think that they won’t go RB until 2nd or 3rd round at the earliest. One thought though, they had so much cap space, they could’ve signed Hyde just in case Barkley wasn’t there at pick #4, I doubt that scenario but you never know. So there’s still a chance that they take Barkley at #4, I do agree with a lot now that they will probably trade down a little and gain more picks.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Yeap, definitely a hold at this point. Value would greatly increase the instant Barkley goes anywhere else. Fingers crossed he goes somewhere else!
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:53 pm

If the Browns are smart, they take a QB at 1 not named Josh Allen, and trade back from 4 and gain more picks. At least, that's how I see it. Dorsey isn't dumb, and I think signing Hyde was with the intention of using him along with Duke, and investing their picks in other positions.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:07 pm

browns fan here thinking the worst thing the browns can do is trade back. 12th highest paid rb who cares did you all forget the browns cap room? they signed hyde cuz they have no clue how the draft will play out and had to have a replacement for crow. most mock drafts i see have barkley going #2 to the giants so not sure what mock drafts youre looking at.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:21 pm

chosen_one wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:07 pm browns fan here thinking the worst thing the browns can do is trade back. 12th highest paid rb who cares did you all forget the browns cap room? they signed hyde cuz they have no clue how the draft will play out and had to have a replacement for crow. most mock drafts i see have barkley going #2 to the giants so not sure what mock drafts youre looking at.
Why not trade back from 4? Did you see what the Colts got moving back 3 spots? 3 extra 2nd round picks! Trading back from 4 is a good idea on a team that needs multiple players to begin to compete.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:21 pm
chosen_one wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:07 pm browns fan here thinking the worst thing the browns can do is trade back. 12th highest paid rb who cares did you all forget the browns cap room? they signed hyde cuz they have no clue how the draft will play out and had to have a replacement for crow. most mock drafts i see have barkley going #2 to the giants so not sure what mock drafts youre looking at.
Why not trade back from 4? Did you see what the Colts got moving back 3 spots? 3 extra 2nd round picks! Trading back from 4 is a good idea on a team that needs multiple players to begin to compete.
I’d only add that you are probably underselling the trading back option by only calling it a “good idea” instead of great idea. The Browns have a lot of gaps as you stated.
And no, easily 60-70% of the “expert” mock drafts do not have Barkley going at #2 to the Giants
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:44 am

He’s a hold for sure...unless you can find another truther that is valuing him at his 2017 levels. In my leagues his value is quite depressed currently due to the barkley speculation, but it should bounce back quite nicely if they don’t take Barkley - not really all that worried about any of the other rookies stealing work from Hyde.

Dr. Trades
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dr. Trades » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:03 pm

With all this said, seeming to be a possible buy-low option, what is Hyde's value in pick(s) right now?
League 1: 12 Team League (0.5 ppr WR/RB, 0.75 TE)
QB: Dak, Rodgers, Jimmy G
RB: Henry, Mixon, Swift, AJ Dillon, Jamaal Williams, TDP, Zamir White, Dontrell Hilliard, Hassan Haskins, Joshua Kelley, Chris Evans, Jaylen Warren
WR: JJefferson, AJ Brown, Deebo, DJ Moore, Keenan Allan, Russell Gage, George Pickens, Isaiah McKenzie, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Dalton Schultz, Logan Thomas, Daniel Bellinger
D/St: 49ers, Cowboys

League 2: 12 team (28 roster spots) Superflex/TE premium (qb 4pts per TD, all others 6pts per TD, WR/RB 0.1 ppc and 0.75ppr, TE 1.5 ppr)
QB: Rodgers, Stafford, T. Lawrence
RB: javonte, ETN, Eli Mitchell, AJ Dillon, Michael Carter, TDP, Marlon Mack, Jaylen Warren, Darrel Williams, Kene Nguwanu, Trey Sermon
WR: J. Chase, Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, KJ Hamler, Calvin Austin 3, Danny Gray, Erik Ezukanma
TE: Schultz, Fant, Evan Engram, Jelani Woods, Noah Gray, Durham Smythe, Josiah Deguara, Brycen Hopkins

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 am

My simple answer to this is that I am praying. I am a Hyde believer, but very concerned about the landing spot with Barkley potentially coming to town
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Browns only signed him to a 3 year deal and have a potential out with Hyde in 2019 for 2.3mil dead cap. If they draft Barkley he will be on rookie deal and cheap. So just cause they signed Hyde doesn't mean they can't/won't kick him to curb in a year or keep him and use him and Barkley. It would be the smart move to not draft Barkley and get the DE or trade back, but this is the Browns we are talking about.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker