Trading for Meredith

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Oh Yeah Leon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trading for Meredith

Postby Oh Yeah Leon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Being offered Meredith for Barber and a 2018 4th. Obvious accept right?
10tm Superflex-Start 2TE Dynasty, 0.5ppr, 34 man rosters w/2IR slots
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1(QB, RB, WR, TE), 1(RB, WR, TE)

QB's: Mahomes, LJax, Garoppolo, Huntley, Minshew, O'Connell
RB's: Chubb, Ekeler, Mixon, Gibbs, Bigsby, Tucker, Latavius, J. Hill, C. Reynolds, D. Jackson
WR's: Kupp, Tyreek, Hopkins, Kennan Allen, Flowers, R. Rice, Cooks, Zay Jones, Bourne, X. Hutchinson, Boutte, C. Austin, Hodgins
TE's: Goedert, Waller, LaPorta, Schultz, J. Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Granson

2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2025 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

2023 :thumbdown:
2021 League Champ :dance:
2020 2nd place
2019 League Champ :dance:
2018 League Champ :dance:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trading for Meredith

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:30 pm

I'd take Meredith for that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Yeah I would take him too.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:41 pm

That's basically free. No point in waiting on any other replies.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:53 pm

Meredith easily.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Is this the 10 team league in your sig? If so give me Barber and the 4th. You have no need of Meredith, you do have need of depth at QB & RB.

Your RB situation is not the strongest, nor is your QB (ie it is within the realm of possibilities than you're without a starting QB in 1 year if Lucks rehab goes downhil). So I'd actually go QB at 1.05 and gamble a solid RB is available at 2.02 (which is actually pick 12).

Anyways I know most people expect the Buccaneers to go RB early, but if they dont go RB til Day 3, Barbers going to have a solid role and he's already shown he can outlast Doug Martin (a former 1st round pedigree talent), with CJA upside .

This is a case where I feel keeping the RB and the pick (which is basically a value of an early third when taking the league size and SF into account) is better than the WR who was good for half a season a year and a half ago, especially since the likelyhood (imho) he cracks your starting roster is less than that of Barber.

Unless you're a flip type of owner and feel you can flip Meredith for something better down the road. But the other owner obviously feels he's getting the better end of the deal in your league or he wouldnt have offered what to some looks like an easy accept but to me looks like a regret in hindsight (but I'll issue a mea culpa if wrong).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

hawk2119
Starter
Starter

Postby hawk2119 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Piling on the Meredith side.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Meredith all day long and it's not even close.

Bucs will get a RB to be their #1 or 1B in the first 3 rounds of the draft and Barber will be worthless if he isn't already
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:35 pm

HawkeyeState wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:21 pm Meredith all day long and it's not even close.

Bucs will get a RB to be their #1 or 1B in the first 3 rounds of the draft and Barber will be worthless if he isn't already
See this is a hot take by a poster who didnt do their homework or bother to put real thought into giving advice - this post is more worthless than the prediction Barber will be.

The Buccaneers have 2 RBs on their roster atm - one of which is Barber. The Buccaneers also have only 2 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. 1.07 and 2.06 (38th). Their next pick is 102. They'll probably grab a couple of RBs in the 5th or 6th rounds, but they have too many needs at more important positions to likely spend a high pick on RB in a draft that has decent RBs that could even go UDFA - unless Barkley falls into their lap at 7.

The Buccaneers chose to re-sign Barber. They have as of yet - not signed any other RBs despite the decent number of veteran FAs such as Peterson, Charles or Murray. Even if they draft 1-2 RBs or sign 1-2 then worst case scenario, Barber is one injury away from re-gaining a role, and could easily end up the 1A or 1B of a committee if a late drafted RB follows Jeremy McNichols last year (the guy they drafted in the 5th and everyone went gaga over at the time).

Basically Barber = Meredith in value and you're giving up a 4th to get a WR when you dont need another WR.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:55 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:08 pm Is this the 10 team league in your sig? If so give me Barber and the 4th. You have no need of Meredith, you do have need of depth at QB & RB.

Your RB situation is not the strongest, nor is your QB (ie it is within the realm of possibilities than you're without a starting QB in 1 year if Lucks rehab goes downhil). So I'd actually go QB at 1.05 and gamble a solid RB is available at 2.02 (which is actually pick 12).

Anyways I know most people expect the Buccaneers to go RB early, but if they dont go RB til Day 3, Barbers going to have a solid role and he's already shown he can outlast Doug Martin (a former 1st round pedigree talent), with CJA upside .

This is a case where I feel keeping the RB and the pick (which is basically a value of an early third when taking the league size and SF into account) is better than the WR who was good for half a season a year and a half ago, especially since the likelyhood (imho) he cracks your starting roster is less than that of Barber.

Unless you're a flip type of owner and feel you can flip Meredith for something better down the road. But the other owner obviously feels he's getting the better end of the deal in your league or he wouldnt have offered what to some looks like an easy accept but to me looks like a regret in hindsight (but I'll issue a mea culpa if wrong).
I certainly think it's close but I am inclined to side with ArrylT here. A 4th rounder is far from worthless in a 10-team SF league
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:37 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:35 pm
HawkeyeState wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:21 pm Meredith all day long and it's not even close.

See this is a hot take by a poster who didnt do their homework or bother to put real thought into giving advice - this post is more worthless than the prediction Barber will be.

The Buccaneers have 2 RBs on their roster atm - one of which is Barber. The Buccaneers also have only 2 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. 1.07 and 2.06 (38th). Their next pick is 102. They'll probably grab a couple of RBs in the 5th or 6th rounds, but they have too many needs at more important positions to likely spend a high pick on RB in a draft that has decent RBs that could even go UDFA - unless Barkley falls into their lap at 7.

The Buccaneers chose to re-sign Barber. They have as of yet - not signed any other RBs despite the decent number of veteran FAs such as Peterson, Charles or Murray. Even if they draft 1-2 RBs or sign 1-2 then worst case scenario, Barber is one injury away from re-gaining a role, and could easily end up the 1A or 1B of a committee if a late drafted RB follows Jeremy McNichols last year (the guy they drafted in the 5th and everyone went gaga over at the time).

Basically Barber = Meredith in value and you're giving up a 4th to get a WR when you dont need another WR.
Lol k
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:02 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Now this is a well thought out post by someone who has obviously done his homework. I don’t know what makes your advise better than others... but I agree with the guy saying Barber is worthless. I would take the Meredith side.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 pm

I would want a late 1st for Meredith now
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

jessup45
Starter
Starter

Postby jessup45 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Is the Merideth deal official yet? I thought the bears have until Monday to match? While we can’t argue that Brees is a way better QB than Trubinski, has he ever produced more than 1 reliable fantasy receiving option at a time? I think Barber showed last year he is more than JAG and could be a productive back if they don’t bring in someone else early in the draft (or late to compete for that matter). All that said, I think if someone offered me Merideth for Barber, id probably take it 🤪
Team 1
12 Teams - .5 pt. PPR
QB: Newton, A. Dalton, Foles
RB: Connor, Fournette, Freeman , McCoy, G. Edwards, Clement, C. Warren
WR: A. Brown, K. Allen, Hilton, Crabtree, R. Foster, M. Harris, C. Patterson, C. Conley
TE: Kelce , C. Herndon, D. Walker

Team 2
16 Teams - PPR
QB: Ryan, Roethlisberger, Foles
RB: Connor, Bell , Lindsay, McCoy, Lynch, Smallwood, P. Barber, I. Smith, Bibbs
WR: Thielen, Juju, D. Adams, Jeffrey, S. Roberts, T. Sharpe, A. Callaway, M. Harris
TE: Ebron, Cook, Eifert, Dickson

Team 3
12 Teams - TE Premium PPR (limited roster 16/20)
QB: Rogers
RB: J. Howard, Chubb, C. Thompson, RoJo, P. Barber
WR: Hilton, Edelman, R. Anderson M. Gallup, C. Kirk, J. Crowder, M. Harris
TE: Njoku

Team 4
12 Team - PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex)
QB: Watson,
RB: Zeke, Guice, Michel, P. Barber, Ballage, C.J. Anderson
WR: Hopkins, Golladay, Fitzy, Z. Jones, T. Benjamin, C. Coleman, C. Conley, B. Perriman, S. Roberts
TE: Engram, Eifert

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:40 pm

I'd take Barber and the pick with your team. No need to add much because I agree totally with Arryl (minus the snark :) )