Another superflex startup...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
LondonMonarchs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Another superflex startup...

Postby LondonMonarchs » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:33 am

Keep the updates coming....
12 TE Prem - Orphan Full rebuild :!:
QB - S.Darnold, D.Lock
RB - J. Taylor, CEH, K. Hunt, A.McFarland, R.Armstead, D.Evans, D. Dallas, L.Bowden
WR - C. Lamb, J.Jeudy, J. Jefferson, H. Ruggs, D.Mims, L.Shenault, P.Campbell, Z.Pascal, A. Lazard
TE - T.Hockenson, B.Jarwin, D.Knox, J.Smith
2x 2021 1st

12team, PPR, SF
QB-RBx2-WRx2-SF-FLX
QB - Baker, Prescott, Stidham
RB - D.Freeman,A.Jones, Jam.Williams, R.JIII, K.Balage, G.Edwards
WR -Evans, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, C. Godwin, T.Higgins, A. Lazard
TE - D. Waller, I.Thomas

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:07 am Clearly another superflex startup where the majority of owners have never played the format...Mahomes at 6.10...jeez. I'd honestly consider grabbing 8 QBs in such a league and then trading them when teams have only 1 viable starting QB. I'd start taking the rookie QBs like Darnold and Mayfield pretty quickly if they're available. I would've taken them over Watkins.
I wouldn’t be shocked if a lot of owners haven’t played superflex before because it is a local-ish friends league where the commish knows everyone in person. That being said, in the other 12 team superflex startup I’m doing (round 20 or so), the draft went similarly in that the QBs dropped much further than I was expecting. This is part of the reason I skipped QB at 1.03 in this startup hoping that QBs would fall again. So far it has worked out and I like my team so far.

As far as the rookie QBs, I don’t expect them to fall in the rookie draft. Rookie/devy draft is separate and draft positions have been determined before. Even so, I really don’t care for the rookie QBs coming out. I believe that really only one will turn out to be an above average NFL caliber QB. The problem is figuring out which one. This QB class seems to be more about quantity and less about quality. I’ll likely pass on rookie QBs (which is why I decided to take Mahomes as a 3rd QB so early). If the value is there, I wouldn’t hesitate to draft a rookie QB as trade bait, or look to move that pick for another player/pick/future pick.
joeday wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:28 am Wow for avoiding QB at 1.3 you made out like a bandit! Luck in the 5th is criminal in that format.
Yeah I feel like I “Lucked” out here with this strategy...especially after seeing QBs go at the 1.01 and 1.02. But I figured I would give it a go because it’s a free league and it’s a semi-local league. What better opportunity to try out this strategy?
LondonMonarchs wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:33 am Keep the updates coming....
You got it.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:29 pm

At 8.10 I needed to start filling out my WRs. It was between Mike Williams and Jamison Crowder. I went Crowder here because I think he ends up as the top WR in Washington. Also think he gets a bunch of targets. I am hoping that MW falls to my 9.03.

At 9.03, I was hoping for Mike Williams...but it was not to be. He was snagged at 9.01. I drafted one of my favorite players in Larry Fitzgerald. If he can give me a year or two of borderline WR2(with WR1 upside) production at WR4 price, I’ll take it all day long. I’ll prob flex him at one of my flex spots and ride the production until he retires. I plan on competing right out of the gate. However, if my team is not competitive, I’m sure I could get a future 2nd for him from a competitor. Did I mention he is a favorite player of mine?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:23 am

I would've gone Williams between those two. Fitz is a nice grab for how your team is built thus far though.

oppy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oppy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:49 am

If you skipped QB at 1.03 in my recent startup, that meant in the 3rd round you'd be picking between Derek Carr and Matt Ryan for your 3rd QB spot. Mahomes in the 6th round? He was off our board by 3.12.

Jimmy G went at 18 overall so if 2.10 is reaching, idk what that is.

Anyway, you're doing great, haha.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:35 am

UnsafeAtAnySpd wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:23 am I would've gone Williams between those two. Fitz is a nice grab for how your team is built thus far though.
I valued them pretty damn close...but thought that there was a better chance of Williams sliding down a couple more picks than Crowder. I took the chance and it bit me. That’s life.
I do like Fitz though as I think I’ll be competing immediately. Also gave me my team name: Living Like Larry!

At 10.10 I snagged Rex Burkhead. Pats like him and I think he is the most consistent RB there. Solid ppr guy.

At 11.03 I figured I would round out my starting roster and finally grab a TE. I wanted a young, upside type TE now, because I can grab a solid veteran a little later. The top guys were gone, but there were a few guys like Doyle, Ebron, and a few other guys like that. I probably reached here but I’m a big fan of Trey Burton and didn’t think he would fall to me next round. Trubisky is gonna be a dump off machine and I think Burton is the benefactor.

Bay City Original
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bay City Original » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:54 pm

Love your draft. Only difference I would have made was ARob instead of Hilton and Williams instead of Crowder... but basically because if preference. I think ARob and Williams would have been higher risk, higher upside guys.. so moves that are more aggressive.

Nice job so far!
Team 1 -12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QRRWWWTF 2022 Champ
QB: Allen, Purdy, Love
RB: Mixon, AJones, Swift, Dillon, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, AJB, DJM, NCollins, Sutton, NCollins, Mingo
TE: Hockenson

Team 2 -12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QRRWWWTF - 2023 Champ
QB: Murray, Love
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Walker, Dobbins, KMitchell, EMitchell
WR: DSmith, Addison, Kupp DJM, Dionte, Chark
TE: Engram, Mayer, Waller
1.02, 1.09, 2.09, 2.12

Team 3-12 Team, SF, 0.5 PPR, QRRWWWTFS - 2023 Champ
QB: Purdy, Dak Stafford
RB: Taylor, Henry, Conner Najee, Warren, EMitchell
WR: Samuel, DJM, Cooper Sutton, Bateman, Pierce
TE: Kittle
1.02, 1.12, 2.02, 2.12

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:56 am

Bay City Original wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:54 pm Love your draft. Only difference I would have made was ARob instead of Hilton and Williams instead of Crowder... but basically because if preference. I think ARob and Williams would have been higher risk, higher upside guys.. so moves that are more aggressive.

Nice job so far!
×2.... would have gone ARob and MWilliams, but still a nice draft. What QBs are left?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:58 am

pokerface40 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:56 am
Bay City Original wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:54 pm Love your draft. Only difference I would have made was ARob instead of Hilton and Williams instead of Crowder... but basically because if preference. I think ARob and Williams would have been higher risk, higher upside guys.. so moves that are more aggressive.

Nice job so far!
×2.... would have gone ARob and MWilliams, but still a nice draft. What QBs are left?
Not too many QBs left. Dalton, McCown, Flacco, Kizer, Brissett, Cutler, Glennon, Foles are the only notable ones left. Of course the rookie draft is separate so all the rookie QBs are still around.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:06 pm

At 12.10, I drafted Delanie Walker. He is an underrated and consistent TE, although he is 33. He had 74 catches last year and hopefull he give me another year or three of production. Mariota loves him.

13.03, I got another older veteran in Pierre Garçon. He had 40 catches in 8 games, so I could see him being a ppr monster with Jimmy GQ at the helm. He could easily be the top WR in SF. Hoping for a couple of years of production from him as well, to bridge the gap of the younger WRs I am looking to grab late/rookie draft.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:34 am

At the 14.10, I drafted TE George Kittle. I think he is the TE of the future in SF, and that offense is looking like it’s on the rise. I didn’t expect him to fall this far, so I grabbed him to backup my TEs and hope he develops into a starting caliber TE.

At 15.03, I grabbed Theo Riddick. I really don’t care for him, but he caught a lot of passes last year and should at least give me some production if I have to flex him this year. I think he could be a decent ppr flex RB for a few more years, whether he stays in Detroit or goes somewhere else.