All in for championship run - What next?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

All in for championship run - What next?

Postby Ski mask ready » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:53 pm

I’m all in with team in wig for a championship run. I’ve traded all future picks through 2021. Finished third last yr but injuries decimated me. I outscored the champ in championship week by over 40 points. My question is I’ve tried to manage a decent balance of prime players and veterans since I don’t have draft picks. We have a super pool every third yr. I feel I can be a top 3 competitor with little change. HOWEVER,

I am completely open to all criticism for this team. Even if you want to tell me it was stupid to deal the picks for players. Let me know what you think are the next steps or who I should be targeting. I’d love any feedback.
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

believeinthehunter
Role Player
Role Player

Re: All in for championship run - What next?

Postby believeinthehunter » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Idk much about IDP value, but it seems to me that you could try to trade away one of your older receivers for picks to get some youth. Perhaps Jordy sanders could get you a late 1st early second?
QB: Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold
RB: Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Duke Johnson, Isaiah Crowell, Rashaad Penny, James Conner, Sony Michel, Nyheim Hines, Jamal Williams
WR: Amari Cooper, Tyreek Hill, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb, Albert Wilson, Trequan Smith
TE: Trey Burton, OJ Howard, Austin Sefarian-Jenkings,
Def: Detroit and Los Angeles Rams
Kicker: Jake Elliot
2019: 2 1sts 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2020: 3z firsts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
2022: 1 st, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th
QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Kicker/Def/Flex/Superflex
Half PPR

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:05 pm

You are in semi-desperate need for RB depth. If you want brutal honesty, I don't see much realistic upside to your RB bench after Mixon. I'd be laser focused on getting ahold of RBs, at bare minimum Riddick types.

You have the roster to win the league, just need more immediate RB depth instead of future lottery tickets.
Good luck!!
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 pm

without knowing the scoring, it looks to me like you've sacrificed Offensive depth for Defensive depth. Now is the time to change that up.

Generally speaking, IDP depth can be had pretty cheap, so in my mind, all of your Defensive players should be made available for the right price. The reason injuries decimate a season is lack of depth and as it stands now, you can field a single starting offensive lineup with little margin for error.

2 QBs (both coming off injury), 3 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE is all you can realistically count on going forward...9 guys for seven spots. Sure Nelson and Sanders could reclaim some value at WR, maybe Benjamin. Maybe Grant gets that bigger role his numbers in limited time suggests, maybe Prosise gets on and stays on the field and is the pre-Kamara he was thought to be...maybe , maybe, maybe.

Again, don't know the scoring but at the very least you have way too much DL depth. If people make DL trades, look for Blount (I think he's going to score 10+TDS), Booker (when the dust settles, I think he's Denver's RB1), Chris Ivory (I know we've all been down this road before but I think he's at least scoring TDs this year) and yes Riddick like Xlur says above; you know he's catching passes at least. Basically, better lottery tickets than you currently have.

D injuries are easier to overcome than O injuries, move D depth for O depth, capitalize on any 'cuff situations that arise (I'd move Hill right now to the Burkhead/White owner for any pick- IDP depth can be found late in the draft).

ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ddog2303 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:57 pm

Personally, I don’t agree with the previous post claiming defensive depth. In a league with only 8 defensive starters, DL and DB are a weakness for this team. There’s one or two solid players at each of those positions and very little behind them. I’d look to move a LB for a DE or DB plus a little (assuming IDP scoring is standard). I do agree that you need some offensive depth here but you likely aren’t getting that by trading defensive depth in a start little IDP league. I would suggest adding a DE and a DB and stay extremely active on the waiver wire. If you can get lucky with the right player you can add some offensive depth through waivers. If you can manage to package a Jordy/Wallace combination for an improvement that’s ideal but I don’t see that getting the job done
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:26 pm

ddog2303 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:57 pm Personally, I don’t agree with the previous post claiming defensive depth. In a league with only 8 defensive starters, DL and DB are a weakness for this team. There’s one or two solid players at each of those positions and very little behind them. I’d look to move a LB for a DE or DB plus a little (assuming IDP scoring is standard). I do agree that you need some offensive depth here but you likely aren’t getting that by trading defensive depth in a start little IDP league. I would suggest adding a DE and a DB and stay extremely active on the waiver wire. If you can get lucky with the right player you can add some offensive depth through waivers. If you can manage to package a Jordy/Wallace combination for an improvement that’s ideal but I don’t see that getting the job done
Fair point on the D depth argument. My main point is that D depth is very overrated. That DL is very strong, especially when you can only start two (and won't generally be using DL as flex); move some of those big names for anything you can get. I'll give you DB depth; I read McCourty and was thinking D not J. But the point still holds: DBs are usually pretty cheap. When was Kevin Byard owned last year? Jordan Poyer? That of course depends on scoring and quality of the league, but ...if moving Landon Collins nets a better Offensive depth chart, I'm all for it. In most IDP leagues (in my experience), the luck on the WW comes from the D side, not the O side. So push for known O depth now and pick up D depth later