Can anyone help me make sense of this?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bot
All Pro
All Pro

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

Postby bot » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Been trying to get either DJ, Mixon or 1.02 from another owner who is very WR needy and who earned the 1.01 this year due to the DJ injury. I also own this guys 2019 1st. He is notoriously hard to trade with as he over values his assets but he said he would trade the 1.02 for a WR. Because of that info, I have approached the owner of Julio, who won the league last year and is one of my prime competitors, who would like to trade him for a RB. He has asked about Dalvin.

Long and short of it, does it make sense for me to turn Dalvin into Julio plus a little extra, and then turn Julio into the 1.02 (owner said he would add "a second or two" and has the 2.02, 2.03 and 2.09)? I know there are a lot of variables here but I would appreciate any insight from peeps out there that can follow my gong-show logic here lol.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Can anyone help me make sense of this?

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Cook is worth more than if not at least equal to the 1.2. I don’t mind turning him into Julio if u feel like u need the WR. But I wouldn’t trade him in an effort to get the 1.02, unless you are so in love with Guice or another RB that you MUST have them. Just keep Cook is my advice.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Why trade dalvin for the 1.02 plus a dart throw on a second round pick? Dalvin already showed last year he will be used as a workhorse. From what I understand is this guy owns the 1.01 and the 1.02 correct? So he will have DJ healthy and Saquon....His 2019 1st will probably be in the mid to late rounds almost guaranteed next year unless one of them gets hurt, why not try to trade his 2019 1st and Derrick henry and your 2nd round and maybe even 3rd round pick to the julio owner and then flip julio for the 1.2 and 2.01?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Obviously go at the Julio owner with just Henry and the other guys 2019 1st and see if that works first before giving him a 2018 second. but regardless I think if you managed to pull that off and ended up with Dalvin Cook and Guice as your starters and you still have your 1st and the 2.01 pick in the draft your team is looking very pretty.

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:54 pm

I feel Cook = 1.02 or somewhere there abouts so it was all about the extras I could get added onto both ends of my deals. I thought maybe it was a good way for me a decent "profit" but I wasn't seeing tons available the way things stood. I will explore Henry for Julio.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:55 pm

bot wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:54 pm I feel Cook = 1.02 or somewhere there abouts so it was all about the extras I could get added onto both ends of my deals. I thought maybe it was a good way for me a decent "profit" but I wasn't seeing tons available the way things stood. I will explore Henry for Julio.
Keep us posted if you make the henry julio deal work! But I know Dalvins sample size is rather small but we already know what team he is on and how they plan to use him and the way they will use him definitely warrants top 5 potential. why trade that for guice who we do not know where he is going or if he will be in a committee? What if he ends up with the lions where theo riddick with take all the potential catches from him?

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:21 am

Trying to gain the 1.02 by using either Cook or Henry seems to be a lateral move. You want to add a RB with it, so why are you giving one up to do so? Unless you can profit from both deals and make your lineup stronger, I don't see the point and would keep what you have. You also have the 1.01 listed as an asset anyway, so I'd look to package a WR plus a pick to upgrade at WR.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:38 am

I agree. Cook for the 1.2 is a lateral move at best. I would rather have cook.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:22 am

Definitely confused by the idea that you want to trade Cook so that you can draft the best unproven RB not named Barkley.
If and only if you're lucky - that would be a lateral move - but I like cook a lot more than Guice.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:36 am

cvbuc wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:22 am Definitely confused by the idea that you want to trade Cook so that you can draft the best unproven RB not named Barkley.
If and only if you're lucky - that would be a lateral move - but I like cook a lot more than Guice.
I agree, this made no sense to me

Basically I see
I want to trade Cook for Julio so I can trade Julio for Guice

Edit: Your plan is to pick up extra pieces throughout the trades. I still think sticking with Cook makes the most sense
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:20 am

1.02 owner not interested in any of your WRs? Seems like you have one to spare and I'd rather move one of them than Cook.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Bad News Barrett wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:36 am
cvbuc wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:22 am Definitely confused by the idea that you want to trade Cook so that you can draft the best unproven RB not named Barkley.

Basically I see

Edit: Your plan is to pick up extra pieces throughout the trades. I still think sticking with Cook makes the most sense
I personally did not really have any idea of moving Cook (it was originally countered from the Julio owner) for Julio and then the 1.02. I would be interested in moving Henry in that scenario as I see the 1.02 worth more than Henry by a little. I did want to see if the forum thought it was worth exploring, even doing Cook, if I could get some collateral along the way. I figure if I can add value now I still have a few months to fill any holes in my roster later.

I am also not saying I will take Guice at 1.02. I would wait to see where Guice, Chubb and Michel and all land and decide then. I think if one of those ends up in the right situation, their value puts them a fair amount ahead of Henry, now that Lewis went there. I also know there will be some interest for guys to move up to that spot so I know I will have a good shot to trade down and pick up more value.

I agree that a lot of this seems lateral and I normally hate lateral moves for my squads but if one move can lead to two or three quick ones then I thought it was something I should explore. I also agree when the dust settles and if I moved Cook I don't think I would be super happy with what remained in comparison to what I started with.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:02 pm

bot wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:51 pm
Bad News Barrett wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:36 am

Basically I see

I personally did not really have any idea of moving Cook (it was originally countered from the Julio owner) for Julio and then the 1.02. I would be interested in moving Henry in that scenario as I see the 1.02 worth more than Henry by a little. I did want to see if the forum thought it was worth exploring, even doing Cook, if I could get some collateral along the way. I figure if I can add value now I still have a few months to fill any holes in my roster later.

I am also not saying I will take Guice at 1.02. I would wait to see where Guice, Chubb and Michel and all land and decide then. I think if one of those ends up in the right situation, their value puts them a fair amount ahead of Henry, now that Lewis went there. I also know there will be some interest for guys to move up to that spot so I know I will have a good shot to trade down and pick up more value.

I agree that a lot of this seems lateral and I normally hate lateral moves for my squads but if one move can lead to two or three quick ones then I thought it was something I should explore. I also agree when the dust settles and if I moved Cook I don't think I would be super happy with what remained in comparison to what I started with.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I really like where your head is at. I'm always thinking of trades for players that I know if I make I can immediately move them to another team and make value on it but I just don't think its worth all the hassle to end up with essentially Dalvin For 1.02+ some second round picks. I honestly think Dalvin at this point is safer than any of the RB's not named Barkley and second round picks are almost dart throws anyways. BUT if you can make all the work with henry instead of Cook I'm all in. I think Henry quite frankly is a low end RB2 in ppr formats. I would love to own him just so I could trade him away at value. I'd trade trading Henry for the 1.02 straight up or even add a little for the 1.02. I'd also easily trade Henry for Mixon while his value is low.