Should I trade the 1.01?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Should I trade the 1.01?

Postby xlur8ed » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Wolfepack28 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:37 pm
xlur8ed wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 pm I would absolutely announce today it's up for sale, at least start talks. When they stall, you'll gain leverage come before/during/after the draft to potentially push the other owner into doing something ridiculous.

I offered 1.02, 1.09, 2x 2019 1Rs, and Hilton or Ingram or Mike Williams, and it was an instant reject. That to me is ridiculous, as that could have at least told the owner of 1.01 I wasn't looking to do anything but overpay, yet no counter came and I have plenty of firepower on my roster to at least put something stupid out there for me. After all the dust settled and it was obvious 1.01 wasn't for sale, I'm really glad the trade wasn't accepted on my side... I'm confident there is at least 1 person in 99% of leagues that a) can't evaluate players and strictly goes off media hyperbole; and b) Will give the farm.
I wouldn't be looking for as much depth in a 10 teamer since the studs really carry you but I would have still done that deal despite not liking those 3 that much. I'd flip the 1.02 for something I like and I'd still have 3 1st's and probably Hilton to play with which would be great in any situation, let alone just a rebuild.
Even if your roster as the holder of 1.01 looked like this?

Brissett, Jacoby IND QB
Luck, Andrew IND QB

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB
Coleman, Tevin ATL RB
Drake, Kenyan MIA RB
Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB
Mack, Marlon IND RB

Agholor, Nelson PHI WR
Anderson, Robby NYJ WR
Decker, Eric TEN WR
Edelman, Julian NEP WR
Enunwa, Quincy NYJ WR
Golladay, Kenny DET WR
Moncrief, Donte JAC WR
Shepard, Sterling NYG WR
Williams, Tyrell LAC WR
Woods, Robert LAR WR

Doyle, Jack IND TE
Henry, Hunter LAC TE

I get the theory of 'building' around a stud, which Barkley has a very high percentage chance to be. But creativity and playing the market should be able to cash in multiple starters for those picks (for example, this morning I took both 2019 1Rs and traded for what I believe has a EXTREMELY high percentage chance at 1.01 next year). Even if you decide to use the picks, you still have at least 1 asset in the trade to use to move up. So had the Barkley owner took my offer, he would have 1.02, 1.09, Hilton/Ingram/MWilliams and 2019 1.01 (all but guaranteed).

None of us know, but I feel pretty confident in saying Guice + another top 9 prospect, plus 2 1Rs next year (1 would be mid, 1 would be late) and Hilton/Ingram/Mike Williams would be more impactful, for just as much time, than Barkley alone for a roster of that nature. Maybe I'm the idiot in the room...well...obviously I am, as my offer was an instant reject.

Apologies for the tangent, back on topic, I still believe there are quite the hauls to be had for 1.01, and it's worth planting the seed now, and letting it simmer for the next month or 2 before really getting a grasp on the final trade offer(s).
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah