Trading Away OBJ, Who should I try to target?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Trading Away OBJ, Who should I try to target?

Postby Titans95 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Team 1 in Sig.

here's the back story. I have a pretty solid RB lineup in Dalvin and Freeman with Duke Johnson as my backup but after that I've pretty much only have fliers after that. Additionally, I have an absurd amount of very good young receivers that I feel like its a waste most of them will ride the bench for years. I've tried to trade away Keenan and Mike Evans but I've gotten zero interest, I even had the 1.02 for Evans rejected because for some insane reason my leaguemates think a potential RB in guice is worth more than a elite young WR.

Is it crazy of me to try and trade away OBJ straight up for one of the top RB? If it isn't which RB do you all think I should target? I think I may be able to pull off trading Russell and OBJ for Gurley and the 1.05. is that a fair trade?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Trading Away OBJ, Who should I try to target?

Postby Titans95 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:55 pm

I've also tried to trade away sammy or gordon and I couldn't get even a late first or someone like Mckinnon for them so I feel like its an even less productive to trade them since I wouldnt be able to get anything other than a dart throw on the picked over RB's in the second round of rookie drafts

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:02 pm

I'd rather do that trade with Luck instead of Wilson, but I'd still probably want something small in return.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Goddard wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:02 pm I'd rather do that trade with Luck instead of Wilson, but I'd still probably want something small in return.
Do you think that trade helps my team overall though?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't think it hurts it because of your depth at WR and helps your overall starters probably. I just would hate to lose the top fantasy QB and Luck not being ready or the same.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Goddard wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:52 pm I don't think it hurts it because of your depth at WR and helps your overall starters probably. I just would hate to lose the top fantasy QB and Luck not being ready or the same.
My other option could be to target DJ or Bell for OBJ straight up and them see if I could get the 1.05 from the guy that needs a QB by giving him luck? that way I add a top RB and could probably get a good RB in the draft.

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Could you try and get the 1.01 for OBJ and be able to flip it for the war chest that the top pick has been going for?
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:56 pm

keebs3 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:28 pm Could you try and get the 1.01 for OBJ and be able to flip it for the war chest that the top pick has been going for?
The owner that has Bell is more likely to trade bell than the 1.01 at this point I believe. That hype train is just too strong to get involved with at this point I think. I know OBJ is probably the 1.01 in startups but with my particular roster I feel like having Bell, Cook, Keenan, Thomas, as my starters with freeman and Evans as my matchup flex position will let me have a better floor overall output and more depth in case of injury at RB than having OBJ. I also feel like I could ride Bell for a a couple more years then trade him for a young guy like kamara or some unknown stud that hasnt surfaced yet.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:01 am

Rkerr8 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:56 pm
keebs3 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:28 pm Could you try and get the 1.01 for OBJ and be able to flip it for the war chest that the top pick has been going for?
The owner that has Bell is more likely to trade bell than the 1.01 at this point I believe. That hype train is just too strong to get involved with at this point I think. I know OBJ is probably the 1.01 in startups but with my particular roster I feel like having Bell, Cook, Keenan, Thomas, as my starters with freeman and Evans as my matchup flex position will let me have a better floor overall output and more depth in case of injury at RB than having OBJ. I also feel like I could ride Bell for a a couple more years then trade him for a young guy like kamara or some unknown stud that hasnt surfaced yet.
I'd stay away from Bell. The dude has had multiple knee injuries, and commands 400 touches a year. OBJ will be putting up WR1 numbers long after Bell is an after thought. I love Bell, but his YPC were 4.0 last year, he wasn't that efficient. I have serious concerns about his longevity, and I think his best production may be behind him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:01 am
I'd stay away from Bell. The dude has had multiple knee injuries, and commands 400 touches a year. OBJ will be putting up WR1 numbers long after Bell is an after thought. I love Bell, but his YPC were 4.0 last year, he wasn't that efficient. I have serious concerns about his longevity, and I think his best production may be behind him.
what would you suggest then? I just feel like my team isn't at full potential with cook and freeman at Rb. I'd love to trade evans for someone like kamara but I know that won't work.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:17 am

Update: Bell owner offered Bell for Dalvin Cook and Corey Davis, thought?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 am

Rkerr8 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:12 am

what would you suggest then? I just feel like my team isn't at full potential with cook and freeman at Rb. I'd love to trade evans for someone like kamara but I know that won't work.
It all depends on how you view players. I love Bell. One of my favourite players. But he's high risk/high reward. Out of your top WR's I'd more look at moving Thomas (who is a first round startup value right now), because what happens when Brees is done? What if Brees hits the wall this year. I love Thomas, but is he QB proof? OBJ is a generational talent at WR. You or I could be throwing to him and he'd still do OK. I'd also consider moving a guy like Keenan Allen who (once considered giving up the game) depends on volume, and also has an aging QB. I think the top will fall off for Rivers quickly, because of his delivery and arm strength. Once he loses that little bit, the drop will be steep IMO. Allen isn't QB proof. He isn't the physical talent OBJ is. OBJ is a physical talent with elite route running and great hands. He does have some personality issues, but he has never missed a game due to them. Some of the best WR's are on the edge. I would move Thomas or Allen based on their ADP/talent level before I move OBJ.

I see Thomas is listed first, followed by Evans, then OBJ. Is that how you view them? Because to me it's:

OBJ, Evans, Thomas, Allen in that order. I think you can upgrade your RB situation without giving away the best WR(IMO) in the game that isn't named Antonio Brown (but is 4 years younger)

What picks do you have in the rookie draft?

Also, see what you can get for Watkins. Rookie QB, Kelce, Hill, Hunt...too many mouth to feed there. Corey Davis did not score a single TD last year, yet is still a 3rd round start up pick, despite the fact he has done nothing. (Not comparing the 2, but Kevin White was a 2nd round start up pick not too long ago). Trade guys like that for a RB over your elite/young proven WR IMO.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 am

It all depends on how you view players. I love Bell. One of my favourite players. But he's high risk/high reward. Out of your top WR's I'd more look at moving Thomas (who is a first round startup value right now), because what happens when Brees is done? What if Brees hits the wall this year. I love Thomas, but is he QB proof? OBJ is a generational talent at WR. You or I could be throwing to him and he'd still do OK. I'd also consider moving a guy like Keenan Allen who (once considered giving up the game) depends on volume, and also has an aging QB. I think the top will fall off for Rivers quickly, because of his delivery and arm strength. Once he loses that little bit, the drop will be steep IMO. Allen isn't QB proof. He isn't the physical talent OBJ is. OBJ is a physical talent with elite route running and great hands. He does have some personality issues, but he has never missed a game due to them. Some of the best WR's are on the edge. I would move Thomas or Allen based on their ADP/talent level before I move OBJ.

I see Thomas is listed first, followed by Evans, then OBJ. Is that how you view them? Because to me it's:

OBJ, Evans, Thomas, Allen in that order. I think you can upgrade your RB situation without giving away the best WR(IMO) in the game that isn't named Antonio Brown (but is 4 years younger)

Also, see what you can get for Watkins. Rookie QB, Kelce, Hill, Hunt...too many mouth to feed there. Corey Davis did not score a single TD last year, yet is still a 3rd round start up pick, despite the fact he has done nothing. (Not comparing the 2, but Kevin White was a 2nd round start up pick not too long ago). Trade guys like that for a RB over your elite/young proven WR IMO.
Believe me I've tried to move all 3 WR other than OBJ and I cant get value out of them. my league practically only views OBJ AB and Hopkins worth trading for a higher end Rb. I feel like trading Evans or Thomas for Hunt or kamara is fair but most of them would rather have that RB and roll with a WR in the Alshon/DT tier of guys

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 am

FantasyFreak

sorry I didnt see the last bit of your comment. I have the 1.12 and a 4th round pick. I traded Jordan howard, Martavis, 2nd and 3rd picks last year for Evans....crazy right? I was the 1.11 last year and got Corey Davis....someone picked marlon mack and chris freaking carson over him. I desperately needed RB last year but how could I pass up on Corey davis in the back of the 1st round when other leagues were drafting him in the top 3. Thats what I'm dealing with lol Its like they are crazy for RB and dont realize WR are just as important if not more.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 am

Rkerr8 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 am

Believe me I've tried to move all 3 WR other than OBJ and I cant get value out of them. my league practically only views OBJ AB and Hopkins worth trading for a higher end Rb. I feel like trading Evans or Thomas for Hunt or kamara is fair but most of them would rather have that RB and roll with a WR in the Alshon/DT tier of guys
Have you tried package deals? Personally Kamara is not a buy for me, because he was too efficient last year. He's good, but I'd wait until he inevitably cools a bit. Nobody averages 6.1 YPC year in year out. Hunt I'd be wary of too. Buy high's off of one year aren't always a good idea (unless they are elite prospect like Gurley). They are the flavour of the month right now, but I always am wary of non elite prospects after one year of production. Remember when Alfred Morris lit the world on fire his rookie year?

1.12? I would think about moving that with one of the aforementioned receivers for a RB you like. People get the itch a lot of times in the rookie draft. I'd try plannig some offer for when you are OTC in your rookie draft. I think your team is really good, and I agree you need to add at RB, I just would not move OBJ when you could try package deals like KA and 1.12 for someone you like. Guys like OBJ don't come around very often. Corey Davis, KA, Watkins etc do. BUT if you package those guys with a rookie pick and a throw in WR3, you may be able to get what you want.

I think you should watch this, and see if any of the other WR's like Allen's reel even begin to compare to this. So if you can get the Allen, 1.12 and even someone like Watkins(and get something else back) over this guy. I'd do it. Allen, 1.12 and Watkins for Gurley I'd do over OBJ for Gurley, if I were you, for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAEuiUwJ3h0&t=440s
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:50 am, edited 4 times in total.